thug_rampage28

Rank 0
thug_rampage28
PostedDec 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Http can't connect

Im still having this problem..
any other solution for this ?
everytime i launch my launcher and the patcher started it always said "Http can't connect,waiting to retry download"
Help me please if someone know how to fix it post a reply
advance thank you !
Advertisement

Malacore116

Rank 0
PostedDec 30, 2012 10:30 pm

HTTP Error -.-

I've been trying to install this game for about 3 days now with no luck, I just keep getting the HTTP error I tried;
Code:
 #--------------------------
#Set 0 Only Ftp
#Set 1 Only Http
#Set 2 Ftp with Http (Default FTP, when retry 10 times can't dl file switch to http mode)
#Set 3 Http with Ftp (Default HTTP, when retry 10 times can't dl file switch to ftp mode)
#Set 4 Http with Ftp ( auto switch every time
#--------------------------
Connect_Mode = 1

#Specifically switch on or off the FTP engine's use of the EPSV command. By
#default, that one will always be attempted before the more traditional
#PASV command
#OPT_FTP_USE_EPSV (default number 1
OPT_FTP_USE_EPSV = 1

#Instruct libcurl to not use any signal/alarm handlers, even when using
#timeouts. This option is useful for multi-threaded applications.
#See libcurl-the-guide for more background information
#OPT_NOSIGNAL (default number 1
OPT_NOSIGNAL = 1

#set 1 to throw the header
#OPT_HEADER (default number 0
OPT_HEADER = 0

#Time-out connect operations after this amount of seconds, if connects
#are OK within this time, then fine... This only aborts the connect
#phase. [Only works on unix-style/SIGALRM operating systems]
#OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT (default number 5
OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 600

#Time-out the read operation after this amount of seconds
#OPT_TIMEOUT (default number 0
OPT_TIMEOUT = 120

#Set to explicitly forbid the upcoming transfer's connection to be re-used
#when done. Do not use this unless you're absolutely sure of this, as it
#makes the operation slower and is less friendly for the network.
#OPT_FORBID_REUSE (default number 0
OPT_FORBID_REUSE = 0

#Comma separated list of hostnames defining no-proxy zones. These should
#match both hostnames directly, and hostnames within a domain. For
#example, local.com will match local.com and www.local.com, but NOT
#notlocal.com or www.notlocal.com. For compatibility with other
#implementations of this, .local.com will be considered to be the same as
#local.com. A single * is the only valid wildcard, and effectively
#disables the use of proxy.
#OPT_NOPROXY (default String *
OPT_NOPROXY = *

That someone had suggested in the comments, I've tried everything from the first post and that didn't help one bit, actually the closest I came to get it working is with the code above.

I have a fixed IP address and Eden Eternal and Aeria aren't blocked by my firewall, I even tried to open up a fixed port for Eden to go through in my Internet settings and still no luck, I'd like to know if there is any manual patch or if anyone else has made any progress in actually fixing this problem...

I've never, ever had any problems installing any MMO, or any game for that matter the problem just seems to only be with Eden Eternal, I've even installed other Aeria games before without any trouble.

This is a section from the UpgradeErrorReport.txt
Code:
Mesg:    --
Http can't connect, Waiting to retry download: map\texture\EffS619019.dds ... \
Http retry(0)!!
HTTP dumpfile Error: http://edeneternal.patch.aeriagames.com/release/FN/20110527122855bz2/map/texture/_EffS619019.dds?201212310413
Http can't connect, Waiting to retry download: map\texture\EffS619019.dds ... |
Http retry(1)!!
HTTP dumpfile Error: http://edeneternal.patch.aeriagames.com/release/FN/20110527122855bz2/map/texture/_EffS619019.dds?201212310413

It tried to connect another 40 times after this, but i figured I'd just post a small section.

Current PC Specs
Avast Anti-Virus
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
ATI Radon HD 5670
8gb RAM
AMD Phenom II x2 550 Processor 3.10ghz

If anyone could help with this I'd be very thankful, also whenever the HTTP error shows up I'm unable to actually do anything on the Internet all webpages I load just say they're unable to be loaded and it only ever happens when the HTTP error is up, I'm not sure if it's any major but i figured it'd be worth mentioning

HoustonBalletII

Rank 0
PostedJan 01, 2013 4:10 pm

Issues...

Ummm I've tried the 5-25 thing and all the other stuff too is there something I might be forgeting b/c the issue keeps popping up.. Am I suppose to set the default #'s to the previous numbers?

sadams699

Rank 0
PostedJan 02, 2013 10:15 am
for everyone who are expiriencing the "http error" even after changing the "ini" file...

Click on the ini file.. properties and set as "read only" you might/will recieve errors that the "louncher" cant access the ini file (it wants to change it back to usual state) BUT the patching will work smoothly

also.. set "Connect_Mode = 1 to Connect_Mode = 4 "

---
that helped me atleast Smile

djumak

Rank 0
djumak
PostedJan 10, 2013 2:36 pm

STILL CANT CONNECT

i've read this entire forum and tried what helped others from editing LauncherMod.ini to changing the LauncherMod.ini to a read only file, but it still doesnt help me...

I've noticed that when i get the http & ftp error, my browser loses internet connection although Skype still functions correctly and everyone else in the house is hot having issues with the internet being slow or laggy.

cassandradevin

Rank 0
PostedJan 12, 2013 4:54 pm
i got it to but i have avast and what i got was on the porblum i only got the problum when i was updateing it so i just hit exit and it rezooms where i lfet off but i did not get it anyother way if are haveing the same try that but what i am seeing is it dose not even let you on the game

urisama

Rank 0
urisama
PostedJan 16, 2013 7:55 pm
All day yesterday the game kept crashing for me of course I discovered it was my internet, so I got it fixed. BUT now I can't even log in. When I try it says "cannot connect to server" (and I know it's not me cause I'm here and other websites work fine D: ) When I start the game, everything is fine until I type in my username and password then press "confirm" then it doesn't work, I just get the notice saying "Cannot connect to server" Please Help. I don't know what's wrong.

allensettle11

Rank 0
PostedJan 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Cannot connect to servers

We got new and faster Internet and the game was working before I got on the different Internet and it worked a LITTLE bit after that then matininice and it's been almost 2 hours and I still can't connect to the servers I even got on the old Internet and it still says "cannot connect to servers".... So idk if it's matininice for that long or my comps messed up? Help plz!!!

Posted By Aeria Mobile

kennethnguyen98

Rank 0
kennethnguyen98
PostedJan 17, 2013 2:31 pm
what part of settings do you change?? can you post a picture of it, if you still know how

kotomoiragi

Rank 0
PostedJan 26, 2013 3:31 am
Is there even any solutions for this? Such problematic game.