LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedMay 30, 2011 4:01 am   Last edited by LordRapthorne on Mar 23, 2012 2:45 am. Edited 5 times in total

HTTP Cannot Connect & Server Connection Issues?

Answers to one of the most common technical issues.
Http cannot connect waiting to retry download...

Please follow these steps:
Go to "My Computer" and click on your C: Drive.
Click on the Aeriagames folder, and go to the Eden Eternal folder.
Find the LauncherMod.ini file then change

Connect_Mode = 1 to Connect_Mode = 3  

and

OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 5 to OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 25  

and

OPT_TIMEOUT = 60 to OPT_TIMEOUT = 1200  

Visual Guide.

Server Connection: Failure

If you're experiencing the error "Server Connection: Failure" or if your game shuts down once it gets to the log in screen, more than likely it's because of the anti-virus you're using. The most common culprits are Norton and Kaspersky. Sometimes something can happen during a patch that causes these anti-viruses to view the Launcher.exe and other game files as a virus. Please note this is a false positive. There is no virus in the Eden Eternal folder.

For Norton Users you're free to try any of the following,

• Add Eden Eternal to your allowed list
  • Temporarily disable Norton while booting up Eden Eternal
  • Try this solution.
  • Turn off Active Protect
  • Completely wipe out Norton Anti-virus from your computer by following this link. *

For Kaspersky Users please follow these steps.
(This is for Internet Security 2011, but we assume 2010 is relatively the same)

1. Right click Kaspersky in the Task Bar.
  2. Choose tools, then go to application control
  3. Change the pull down at the top from "Running" to "All"
  4. Locate EdenEternal Online, click the status/group link and change it to "Trusted"
  5. Double click EdenEternal Online in the application control to open a detail view.
  6. Go to the Exclusion tab, and check all that applies.
  7. Close out of the application control.

In the Proactive Defense window is a check box to trust the Kaspersky trusted application, make sure that it's checked! It'll still flag EE as having a PD.keylogger. You can fix that by going into the Proactive Defense setting and unchecking keylogger while you play EE, then re-enable the Keylogger Proactive Check when you are done.

(Much appreciation to celestar for this information)

* If you don't own your own computer, I wouldn't recommend uninstalling Norton without permission from the owner.
** If you don't wish to leave your computer without an anti-virus program, I would recommend either buying AVG or downloading the Free version of it here.

This guide lovingly plagiarised and appropriately edited from LoveLovey's Http: can't connect and server connection failure solutions guide from Grand Fantasia. We all miss you, Lovey ♥
Advertisement

Cassiella

Rank 0
Cassiella
PostedJun 03, 2011 1:18 am

HTTP/ftp cannot connect

when will Eden get a manual patch thread??
when will Eden get a manual patch thread?? im really disappointed that i cant play, i was all revved up for the game Sad

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJun 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: HTTP/ftp cannot connect

when will Eden get a manual patch thread??
Cassiella wrote:
when will Eden get a manual patch thread?? im really disappointed that i cant play, i was all revved up for the game Sad  

There is currently no manual patch thread because there's no extra content apart from that which comes in the basic installer at this moment in time.

If you are still experiencing the can't connect error, you can try setting the launchermod values even higher, also make sure that any AV/firewall software you have isn't the launcher's internet connection Smile

<center></center>

The_Lost_Bean

Rank 3
The_Lost_Bean
PostedJun 03, 2011 3:41 pm
cool, it downloaded the updates or whatever it had to do

tyory

Rank 0
tyory
PostedJun 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Help

My game just says "Cannot Connect to Server" And I tried doing what you said above but it still won't work Sad

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJun 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: Help

tyory wrote:
My game just says "Cannot Connect to Server" And I tried doing what you said above but it still won't work Sad  

As you might have noticed by the forum shoutbox, at the time of my post the servers are down for maintenance, which means you will be unable to connect until they go live again Smile

<center></center>

Seirah

Rank 0
PostedJun 03, 2011 6:37 pm
I've noticed that every time I run the game, the LauncherMod.ini file reverts to the defaults, I'm assuming this is because the launcher patches every time. Is there a way to launch the game without the LauncherMod.ini file being over-written after I've made the changes?

tyory

Rank 0
tyory
PostedJun 03, 2011 6:38 pm
Thanks I'll try again later or tomorrow!

redassassin22

Rank 0
PostedJun 04, 2011 8:16 am
every time i rewrite the values in the ini they reset when i start up the game

coolgirl3

Rank 0
PostedJun 04, 2011 2:59 pm
The Patch starts, and you can login. But when you want to set the server, the screen goes 'blank', you can only see the game background. I also tried the 1-3,5-25,120-1200 thing, but it doesn't work.