Http cannot connect waiting to retry download...
Please follow these steps:
Go to "My Computer" and click on your C: Drive.
Click on the Aeriagames folder, and go to the Eden Eternal folder.
Find the LauncherMod.ini file then change
Connect_Mode = 1 to Connect_Mode = 3
OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 5 to OPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT = 25
Server Connection: Failure
OPT_TIMEOUT = 60 to OPT_TIMEOUT = 1200
If you're experiencing the error "Server Connection: Failure" or if your game shuts down once it gets to the log in screen, more than likely it's because of the anti-virus you're using. The most common culprits are Norton and Kaspersky. Sometimes something can happen during a patch that causes these anti-viruses to view the Launcher.exe and other game files as a virus. Please note this is a false positive
. There is no virus in the Eden Eternal folder.
For Norton Users you're free to try any of the following,
For Kaspersky Users please follow these steps.
- Add Eden Eternal to your allowed list
- Temporarily disable Norton while booting up Eden Eternal
- Try this solution.
- Turn off Active Protect
- Completely wipe out Norton Anti-virus from your computer by following this link. *
(This is for Internet Security 2011, but we assume 2010 is relatively the same)
- Right click Kaspersky in the Task Bar.
- Choose tools, then go to application control
- Change the pull down at the top from "Running" to "All"
- Locate EdenEternal Online, click the status/group link and change it to "Trusted"
- Double click EdenEternal Online in the application control to open a detail view.
- Go to the Exclusion tab, and check all that applies.
- Close out of the application control.
In the Proactive Defense window is a check box to trust the Kaspersky trusted application, make sure that it's checked! It'll still flag EE as having a PD.keylogger. You can fix that by going into the Proactive Defense setting and unchecking keylogger while you play EE, then re-enable the Keylogger Proactive Check when you are done.
(Much appreciation to celestar
for this information)
* If you don't own your own computer, I wouldn't recommend uninstalling Norton without permission from the owner.
** If you don't wish to leave your computer without an anti-virus program, I would recommend either buying AVG
or downloading the Free version of it here
This guide lovingly plagiarised and appropriately edited from LoveLovey's Http: can't connect and server connection failure solutions guide from Grand Fantasia. We all miss you, Lovey ♥