WNCDave

Rank 0
PostedMay 30, 2008 4:07 pm

Shaiya Updater won't finish update

about 200 bytes shy and it freezes
I've been trying to play Shiaya for a few days now and when I try to the Shiaya Updater wants to download 3 files. It only ever gets to within 200 BYTES from finishing the first download and then freezes, going no further. What's the deal? Is there a way I can download the updates manually?

edit: I just tried again and no luck. It ends up coming up with a dialog box saying the operation timed out. Also, this isn't my first time with Shaiya, it's been a couple of weeks, I just wish the Updater would update.
Advertisement

WNCDave

Rank 0
PostedMay 30, 2008 4:54 pm
Sorry I didn't dig deeper, I actually thought I was in the Shaiya forum. Anyway, problem fixed by going here: http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=80264

mythnool

Rank 0
PostedSep 03, 2009 8:09 am

Same prob

hey.. i hope ur link works.. same problem here.. annoyin.. can u also briefly state what u did?

mythnool

Rank 0
PostedSep 04, 2009 5:38 am

timed outISOLUTION

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT.. IT WAS SIMPLE. It has to do with you security software.. Here is the solution. Disconnect from the internet and turn of firewall and antivius. Uninstall the Shaiya. Run ccleaner and clean all ur registaries. Reboot and make sure ur firewall and antivirus aint running. Install Shaiya and then connect to the internet. Run the update and cross ur finger!

Kanistri

Rank 0
PostedMar 08, 2011 5:45 am

Turn off Firewall and all antiviruses

Guys Just Turn Off Firewall and all Antivirus/spyware and all programmes which can block you, for me it works Surprised) i tried to patch 10 times with timed out, i turned off my Eset antivirus and Firewall and all works Surprised)
I hope it will work for you

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMar 08, 2011 8:03 am

Re: Turn off Firewall and all antiviruses

Kanistri wrote:
Guys Just Turn Off Firewall and all Antivirus/spyware and all programmes which can block you, for me it works Surprised) i tried to patch 10 times with timed out, i turned off my Eset antivirus and Firewall and all works Surprised)

please check the dates...

Posted Sep 04, 2009 3:38 am

Neutral please react only on recent threads if you can help them ^^

signature of xybolt

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedMar 08, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Turn off Firewall and all antiviruses

Kanistri wrote:
As Xybolt says, please check dates first, but this is also not good advice.

Unless you are disconnected from the internet, please don't ever turn off your firewall and anti-virus software.

RIP Kizzd