Saltyloves

Rank 4
Saltyloves
PostedMay 21, 2011 3:29 am   Last edited by Saltyloves on Feb 01, 2013 11:31 pm. Edited 12 times in total

[Guide] Pets and Pet Skills

New guide is linked in main post!
This guide is officially obsolete. Please see the new/made-over Pets Guide by Spongeycashew

Your pet can be a great addition to your adventures in Eden Eternal! It can pick up items for you, attack monsters with you, and simply be a loyal companion!

• At level 4, after you have completed the initial Limestone Mountain quests, speak to Village Head Schoss in Andrew Village to receive the quest: The Magician by the Water Wheel I.

• Once you reach level 5 you can speak to Zumi Merchant Alec to choose your new basic pet! Here, you may choose from Magic Dog or Battle Dog.

Before you can use your pet, you must equip it by right-clicking the pet's icon in your inventory (B). Once you equip your pet, it will follow you everywhere you go and pick up items for you when they drop from the monsters you kill.

Before your pet will help you in battle, you must spend some time getting to know your pet! When your character level is 20, you will see this icon pop up on the right side of your screen, just under your mini map: It gives the following quest:

• The first objective of this quest is to obtain character level 25.
  • Next, visit Nomadic Merchant Tanley (73,186) in Goss Mountains.
  • Purchase the Nomad's Pet Training Book from Tanley for 1G.

• To complete the quest, take the book to Garrison Sniper Nelle (411,229) in Beluga Bay to turn your pet into a lean, mean, fighting machine!

• Now that your pet is able to attack, you must know how to control it. Your pet will default in Loot Mode, which looks like this on your pet skill bar:

• You can also make your pet perform tricks such as: Wave, Cheer,and Sit!

• What's that? You accidentally closed or lost your pet's skill bar? No problem! On your regular skill bar, simply slick the [+] on the right side until your pet bar is restored!

• To activate Combat Mode, left-click the pet icon or right-click the Attack icon on your pet's skill bar.

• Now, when you attack something, your pet will attack with you. Or, you can target a monster first, and then activate your pet's Combat Mode to have your pet go and attack the monster on its own. This can be a great way of pulling the monsters to you as well!

• Be aware, however, that while in Combat Mode, your pet might be too distracted to pick up all of your treasures!

• Your pet has special skills that will help it in battle. Which skills it has, however, depends on which type of pet you have. In the charts below listing the different breeds of pets available, each pet's attack attributes, bonus effects, and skills with descriptions are also listed.

• Pets do not lose health like you do, but they do lose durability. When you have a pet equipped with durability higher than 1, your pet will lose 1 durability per minute for as long as it is equipped. When it reaches 1 durability, your pet will continue to pick up items for you, but it will no longer assist you in battle.(Thanks for the tip, LookAJowy!) In order to keep up your pet's durability, you must feed it!

• You will receive Healing Pet Food from the level 25 pet quest. Alternatively, you can purchase Pet Food from the Item Mall, and sometimes receive it from the green chests in guild towns, fortune bags, or even some quests.

• Right-click the pet food, then left-click on your pet icon to feed it. You may need to un-equip your pet before doing this.

• Confirm and voila! Pet durability is restored, and now your pet can attack once again!

There are 55 total pets available at this time.

Please note all skill values shown are at character level 25, the minimum level at which you may use your pet to assist in battle. These attributes will increase with your character level. Click the images for the full-size view.

• Basic Pets

• Special Pets

• Flame Kirin

• Chihuahua

• Christmas Reindeer Puppy

• Little Labrador

• Lil' Pom

• Papillon

• Shiba Inu

• Persian Cat

• Russian Blue

• Scottish Fold Kitty

• Shorthair Cat

Update 01/12/2012: Massive overhaul. @_@ I've updated this to show a complete list of the pets current available (others will follow immediately upon their official release) including skills, icons, and images. If you see an error that is not shown in red, please PM or Ping me so I may correct it ASAP. Thanks! Very Happy

Advertisement

.Ume.

Rank 0
PostedJun 01, 2011 11:55 am
when it gains the ability to attack, does it get like a life bar?

as in, boss can attack the pet? or will the pet just keep attacking?

sambow700

Rank 0
sambow700
PostedJun 01, 2011 12:39 pm

lol

will prob have life bar

zer0requiem

Rank 0
zer0requiem
PostedJun 02, 2011 6:29 am
how do you feed a pet actually?

hope someone can answer

heatzz

Rank 0
heatzz
PostedJun 02, 2011 7:36 am
zer0requiem wrote:
how do you feed a pet actually?

hope someone can answer  

item Mall

KumoFuzei

Rank 1
KumoFuzei
PostedJun 02, 2011 8:19 am
There is also a quest for free food. It's in goss mountains or the map after that.

Gripes

Rank 0
PostedJun 06, 2011 1:55 pm

fedding the pet

hi,
i have some problem feeding the pet because the icon loock grey and i try to use food but dont work can someone help me?

YAWNoftheZOMBIE

Rank 0
YAWNoftheZOMBIE
PostedJun 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Unequipping my dog

So I want to feed my dog but the game won't let me unless I unequip my dog/put it back into my backpack. How do I do that? I've tried right clicking it and i've tried dragging it but it won't let me.

KeeperOfTheMist

Rank 1
KeeperOfTheMist
PostedJun 06, 2011 11:55 pm
you dont have to unequip the pet. just open to your stat screen with C and the right click on food left click on pet. also to unequip right click on pet in equip/stats screen

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
PostedJun 07, 2011 5:18 am
Is the damage scaled to level? cuz that dmg for Basic Smash is not what I see on my dog