Wabawind

Rank 0
Wabawind
PostedMay 07, 2011 10:49 pm

Nex Umbra's Story: A character and history

I created this for a potential story a friend was/is gonna make. This is the first typed version.
The history is a bit fast paced and so I have worked on it since I created it, but this is the originally typed version. Bare with it at certain parts, since it is my first character ever there are some Mary Sue aspects of it for anyone who knows what that means. I created this by using a lot of Grand Fantasia's features and I hope to have an illustration of the character soon, he's supposed to look similar to Nagi from Negima with the dark look of Canas from Fire Emblem.

-Character Name: Nex Umbra

-Character Gender: Male

-Character Age: ???

-Character Class: Archmage

-Character Personality: He is quiet and mysterious. Most of his talking is done while incanting spells, however, he does enjoy talking about magic and is always up for an interesting conversation as long as he is not asked to provide any personal information. He is almost always reading a tome or hidden in the dimension that he created for himself conducting experiments with new spells. He is not held back by any kind of moral restraint and thus will not give mercy to an enemy.

-Character Appearance: He is a semi handsome mid-twentyish looking man. He is about 5’10” and has a very thin figure. He has light green eyes with black hair, and a small birth mark in the shape of a flame on the right side of his neck near his shoulder. He wears a solid colored, vibrant, blue-violet shawl over a pitch black hooded robe. On his chest is embedded a white hexagonal crystal. Three gems are embedded into his body other than the white crystal, one in his forehead, and right and left backs of his hands which he uses to amplify his magic. He wields a simple wooden staff with a white insignia on the top which he keeps sealed inside of him when not in battle.

-Character History: Nex began as a simple spell caster in Ilya. He had no special qualities, he liked to show off, and he was quite immature. He attended Ilya’s Magic Academy for years and never passed his classes because he was a poor mage who always goofed off. When he finally became annoyed with having to repeat the same classes he decided to attempt to prove himself to the Academy. He started to sneak around, collecting forbidden tomes and practicing their contents with a fellow mage hoping that he would learn how to increase his ability. He was eventually betrayed by the other mage in his class who acted like his friend to gain access to the tomes, and the mage told the headmaster. Nex was expelled from the Academy and stripped of his memory. When he awoke from the trance they had put on him he was in the Black Swamp. From then on he completely changed, he somehow remembered all of the studying from the tomes, but the headmaster had removed all sense of who he was. He then remembered one of his spells, Nex Umbra, he decided to call himself this and became a wandering mage. He started to experiment with the forbidden magic that he learned on the monsters he encountered in his constant travel. When he peaked on what he could do with the magic he had learned in the Academy he searched for other magical secrets. He then stumbled upon a small instrument which he then tried to play. In his surprise a voice called to him and a blue gem appeared in his hand. He answered the voice and a sprite popped out of the gem, he immediately fell back surprised at what just happened. The sprite greeted him and he just sat there pondering what the creature was. It explained what it was and what it does for adventurers like Nex. He liked the idea of using this sprite to become more powerful and quickly agreed to travel with the little blue creature. Nex began to develop a less sinister personality as he traveled with the sprite and collected other sprites to help him in his quest for power and knowledge. He adopted the responsibilities of a sprite messenger and began to turn away from the idea of using forbidden magic to gain power, however, in one of his travels he met with the mage who used him in the Academy. As soon as he saw this mage his mind surged, he knew that there was something he didn’t like about this guy but he couldn’t figure out what it was. When the other mage saw Nex he instantly noticed him and ran away. Nex chased after the mage, realizing that this guy obviously knew him and was ashamed or scared of something that had to do with him. He finally caught up with him and the mage began to mumble apologies and told Nex that he had no idea what would happen. Nex’s head began to hurt as he started remembering everything from the life that had been sealed away from his memory. Nex slowly became more and more infuriated as the mage rambled on and he remembered more of the past. It was then that he lost all sense of remorse and his sense of human morals. He killed the mage and sealed his soul and body in another dimension. Nex’s sprites became scared of him as he stood there feeling accomplished in his victory over the man who ruined his former life and caused him to go into exile. Noticing that the sprites had come to fear him, he secretly looked for a way to obtain a new sprite that would listen to him and sympathize with him. He eventually realized that the only way to obtain a sprite like that was to manipulate his own sprites. He sent his sprites away on collection errands and began to set up a ritual to summon a sprite using the power of his other 3 sprites, the sprite kings’ and queens’ lost powers, and his own magical power combined. He set up 100 concentrated lost powers that represented each sprite king and queen in a circle around his 3 sprite gems and waited for the sprites to return. When they did return he started the incantation and restricted them inside of the crystals, everything began to glow in a brilliant light as he began sealing all of the power into a white crystal in the center of the circle. When the final power was sealed into the crystal he picked it up and began to use his magic to shape the immense power into the form of a sprite with its own unique personality. Finally, he imbued the extra power that he couldn’t contain into the new sprite into a wooden staff and sealed the crystal into his arm to suppress the quite unstable magic in the crystal. He then called out to the sprite and asked for its name. It didn’t answer, and he called the sprite by the name Shirogitsune. The sprite answered, “If that pleases my master that is what I shall be called”.

I’ll let you know if I can think of anything else, but that’s about it. Worked for two hours on this.

-Sprite Name: Shirogitsune

-Sprite Type: Moonwhisperer

-Sprite Color: White

-Sprite Personality: She is extremely introverted and tends to stay inside of her crystal. However, she is incredibly clingy towards her master and will sometimes force summon herself in order to protect him from anything that she sees as being harmful to him, be it friend or foe. She gets jealous when he pays attention to someone other than her and will sometimes begin reciting a powerful incantation to either silence him through a number of violent spells, or to teleport the person she is jealous of. She becomes very violent and protective in the event that she senses an entity that is more powerful than her master and will either give her incredible yet unstable powers to her master to use, or she will defend her master by releasing most of her power into the space around her. This however is her last resort as it severely weakens herself and damages everything around her including any innocents caught in the crossfire.
Advertisement

XMysticID

Rank 1
XMysticID
PostedAug 06, 2011 10:55 pm
Interesting, very interesting.

I personally enjoyed the History.

Wabawind

Rank 0
Wabawind
PostedAug 08, 2011 10:10 am
Oh really thanks. ^^
I don't know where the edited version is so I can't post it. I didn't really think anyone would compliment it, thanks a lot.

Sakura10Sands

Rank 0
Sakura10Sands
PostedSep 17, 2012 8:56 pm
rlly interesting Very Happy