koager

Rank 3
koager
PostedMay 03, 2011 2:57 pm   Last edited by koager on May 26, 2011 4:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total

[Info] Pet System

bow chicka wow wow

*Notes:
      • The game is not yet officially released by Aeria when this was written
      • Aeria Games retains the rights to names, locations, items, ect and can edit content to be better suited for the player base
      • The original source for can be found here
      • Translations are done by me. Upon release Aeria may choose to localize things into something else

Pet System

Players are able to obtain a cute pet that aids them either in battle or to help them pick up drops. In addition to the company, the pets also are able to obtain various abilities. With the player’s commands, pets are able to do a variety of appealing and fun actions. With such an adorable and useful animal as a companion, how can you not go out and obtain one?

How To Obtain

Through two quests, players are able to obtain a basic pet, battle skills, and pet items.

Pet Usage

Loot Pick-up
Simply equip the pet from your backpack by right clicking on the pet’s icon and the pet is equipped into the character window

Upon equipping, players can see the pet appearing by their side ready to pick up the drops.

Combat
After completing the “lv25 Pet Fighting Skills” quest players will obtain 5 Pet Recovery Treats and an additional bar with pet actions. Summon out your pet for battle as much as you wish; the pet knows how to protect itself and will not die.

Pet action bar icons from left to right:
1. Toggle between pickup and battle modes
2. Designate the pet to use a normal attack
3. Designate the pet to use Skill 1
4. Designate the pet to use Skill 2
5. Designate the pet to use the action “Greeting”
6. Designate the pet to use the action “Cheer”
7. Designate the pet to use the action “Sit”

Pet Stamina
When hovering the mouse over the pet’s icon the amount of stamina the pet has left can be seen. The pet’s stamina can only be reduced to 1. The pet does not disappear when there is only 1 stamina left but will cause the pet to be unable to battle and only able to pick up drops.
The Pet Recovery Treats that were obtained through the “lv25 Pet Fighting Skills” quest can be used to recover the pet’s stamina.

Pet Skills
The basic pets are only able to use one skill.
However, that is not the limits of pets. Some special pets are not only able to use two skills but have attacks with attached attributes. When taking these special pets into a battle, there are also additional bonuses that makes fighting easier.

Advertisement

ChilledDarkness

Rank 0
ChilledDarkness
PostedMay 03, 2011 3:10 pm
Might i ask whats the difference in attack styles of the pets. I.E. the magic one stays back and pewpews and the melee rushes in and bambams? or is it just a difference in the bonus stats that are gained if any?

koager

Rank 3
koager
PostedMay 03, 2011 4:02 pm
Not sure since I haven't played, but I assume the difference might be in their skills. One might have a melee attack while the other has a magic attack.

Ayrinne

Rank 1
Ayrinne
PostedMay 03, 2011 4:04 pm
The only pet they hand out at the beginning are the dogs. I'm not sure how you can obtain the other ones, or if there's a different pet for the different races.

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedMay 03, 2011 5:04 pm
Hmm, my dog (the one given from the quest) only has 1 skill.
How to get more skills for the dog since I saw there's an empty slot for a skill?

songeurique

Rank 3
songeurique
PostedMay 03, 2011 5:51 pm
The basic dog only has 1 skill , the better dogs who have more skills are cash shop only I think or maybe alchemy too hopefully.

I want a cat pet xD Meow!

When I am king, you will be first against the wall, With your opinion which is of no consequence at all.~ Paranoid Android ... Radiohead.

IPDRTS

Rank 1
IPDRTS
PostedMay 03, 2011 5:56 pm
songeurique wrote:
The basic dog only has 1 skill , the better dogs who have more skills are cash shop only I think or maybe alchemy too hopefully.

I want a pet cat too...so I can be a mouse with a pet cat, epic.

Walk with the shadows...

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedMay 03, 2011 9:36 pm
Oh I see lol

Yea, I want that brownish cat (the one that looks like having a brown mask) as a pet. So cute~
Last time I saw at the Auction House, it was sold for 1k+++
So expensive Q.Q

salmonson

Rank 0
salmonson
PostedMay 03, 2011 10:34 pm
here's the SS of some pet that i saw during the TW version.

micky49103

Rank 0
micky49103
PostedMay 03, 2011 10:38 pm
songeurique wrote:

Aww...cash shop Dx

I have a bad feeling for pvp X.X