Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:43 pm   Last edited by Rekikyo on Apr 27, 2011 12:01 am. Edited 1 time in total

Player Poll 2 Legend Gear (30) As In Game Content

Yes?No? And How?
Let's have a player poll - Legend Gear 30 pvp
In Game or Not In Game? In light of my other thread about player clarity about what they want, let's have a player poll.

Now, you all know dread orange statted 30 pvp gear has been released in a tier event for AP.

So Let's get this poll rolling, and to make it easy on you, I'm going to provide the options.

A) Yes to In Game Based Legend Gear (30) (Assuming you dont care how it's delivered)

B) No to In Game Based Legend Gear (30)

C) Only Yes if a random World Drop

D) Only Yes if a low percentage Drop off already Existing Boss with other drop pools (Asmo, Loca, Knight, Kargos, Raiporu, etc)

E) Only Yes if a PVP Boss that is randomly spawned (as a low percentage drop)

F) Only Yes if a Low Percentage Drop off 20-30 pvp map grind mobs (would probably imply GM's increase the number of mobs - like regnum)

G) Only Yes if via Ultimate Items Pockets that are acquired in a fashion from a boss 31+ (I wouldn't allow them in 15 or 30 pvp zones because the bags can also drop rare gear that is not for those zones, leading to unfair player advancement past that zone. The UIP would have to be modified to make them feasible in 30).

NOTE: Just because your viewpoint is not listed here, don't be afraid to voice about the options given. I didnt include in game drop arguments for a reason. This is simply a poll to see how from a business perspective, the company could go about making players happy, be it not releasing, or releasing via AP.

I will be posting part three of the polls in about 12 or 13 Hours.

Btw, I will explain why this is only Legend gear I am adressing right now. Too many variables lead to askewed results. Legend also has a lesser impact on 30 than rare gears do in 15. Therefore I'm trying to eliminate talk of Dread 30 for now, and trying to keep the focus on 30 just for this thread. I may run some polls on 15 Later. I may run a poll on dreads as well.
Advertisement

Avyn

Rank 5.2
Avyn
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:45 pm
I said in other thread that I'm opposed to legend armor being released, but option F actually sounds kinda neat Razz May even stimulate PvP in and of itself (unless I misunderstood and you meant dungeons - that I do not support).

I would say F for weapons if you mean Canta map mobs and NOT in dungeons, B for armor and if you mean dungeons in F.

The reason why I favor weapons is because it's only an extra two slots, but two slots that can be utilized in so many ways. It won't tip the balance and make ubers no longer ubers, but opens new avenues for debuff weapons, etc.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:59 pm
Avyn wrote:
I said in other thread that I'm opposed to legend armor being released, but option F actually sounds kinda neat Razz May even stimulate PvP in and of itself (unless I misunderstood and you meant dungeons - that I do not support).

I would say F for weapons if you mean Canta map mobs and NOT in dungeons, B for armor and if you mean dungeons in F.

The reason why I favor weapons is because it's only an extra two slots, but two slots that can be utilized in so many ways. It won't tip the balance and make ubers no longer ubers, but opens new avenues for debuff weapons, etc.  

No I dont think dungeon mob drops would be a good idea. it takes too much time and you cannot be a target. For something worth farming, you have to be able to be a target.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedApr 27, 2011 5:59 am

Re: Player Poll 2 Legend Gear (30) As In Game Content

Yes?No? And How?
Rekikyo wrote:
B) No to In Game Based Legend Gear (30)  

as said in poll 1 + first post in the discussion thread

my vote is B

signature of xybolt

Gods.Child

Rank 3
Gods.Child
PostedApr 27, 2011 7:29 am
Once again none of your options are good. Why should it be a rare or low drop rate?

It should be option E but with the same drop rate as heroic gear drops from Asmo.
It should also clarify that the "random spawn" is random time and location, and the pvp aspect means its in the Canta map, not 31+ pvp.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedApr 27, 2011 7:40 am
Gods.Child wrote:
Once again none of your options are good. Why should it be a rare or low drop rate?

It should be option E but with the same drop rate as heroic gear drops from Asmo.
It should also clarify that the "random spawn" is random time and location, and the pvp aspect means its in the Canta map, not 31+ pvp.  

The only way from what I have seen, that common drop rates would be allowed is if the boss were rare. And by Rare, I mean 2 times a week. Even then, players might complain about it being too common, as every single drop would be something someone would lapis up.

RY3NO

Rank 3
RY3NO
PostedApr 27, 2011 7:56 am
Legends? No ty. But i'd accept dread lv25 sets to drop ingame by some sort of boss.

Shega1991

Rank 0
PostedApr 27, 2011 8:05 am

Re: Player Poll 2 Legend Gear (30) As In Game Content

Yes?No? And How?
Rekikyo wrote:
F) Only Yes if a Low Percentage Drop off 20-30 pvp map grind mobs (would probably imply GM's increase the number of mobs - like regnum)  

/votes for F

because it looks fair to everyone...if its a boss drop guess who will mostly get it? -.-

so if ya want legend gear for 20-30 work hard for it and spend much time in that zone killing mobs

Gods.Child

Rank 3
Gods.Child
PostedApr 27, 2011 8:06 am
Rekikyo wrote:
Gods.Child wrote:

The only way from what I have seen, that common drop rates would be allowed is if the boss were rare. And by Rare, I mean 2 times a week. Even then, players might complain about it being too common, as every single drop would be something someone would lapis up.  

I never heard anyone complain that heroic drops are to common. Why would this be any different?

To many people are looking at this as needing to stay rare, and that's bull. AGE opened Pandora's Box with the UIP, now the only way to correct that mistake is to allow access to these gears.

What will remain rare are the legend sets out there that are enchanted to [10]+, and when those players also have [16]+ weapons there is no competition against them, that needs to be corrected and this is the only way.

Masuyuu

Rank 4
Masuyuu
PostedApr 27, 2011 8:20 am
Just personally, I would love for Canta to just be left alone as far as "new content" is concerned but for sake of the poll... I do like the Idea of F