Rank 2
qwertzuio9
PostedMay 01, 2011 5:28 am
Still NO new racing game!!! Crying or Very sad

Digitalansen

Rank 0
PostedMay 01, 2011 11:28 am
Voted Average. I'll repost my other post in here:

What this game lacks is developer communication. Look at League of Legend's success, it's barely 1/3 of the game that Megaten is yet it is up there with WoW because the developers always implement new ideas based on the communities wishes.

Staff: B (no complaints but it needs a developer staff present, not just a PR team)
Game: B (great game done wrong)
Community: F (greedy and biased to item mallers)
Overall : C (only managed to get a C because of the demon companion system) -read on for explanations

I compiled my complaints in a list of problems, they may deviant a bit because my fingers just kept on typing.

Problem 1:
Megaten is destroyed by it's time consuming/boring/unbalanced expertise system. Even skills in Everquest 10 years ago were easier to level than Megaten. Having to spend 5 hours for a few expertise points is a waste of time. If one doesn't spend abnormal amounts of time or money, their character is gimped. The chain expertise is also unbalanced. Gunners and dash mages are obviously overpowered (I haven't played much but that is what I remember). Why does a mage "dash"? What kind of silly person made Mages have a melee move? The expertise is so broken that you won't be able to enjoy your class unless you go magic bullet or demo dash (again, from what I've seen). In order for melee to be decent they need to invest a LOT of time and money to get there and then have to pay more money to keep their gear maintained. A mage doesn't cast spells, they bash into enemies in a straight line?! Wow. Class should be picked and/or trees should be made. In the SMT games the main characters all have their own strengths and weaknesses. In this game everyone does same thing- demo dash, magic bullet, auto attack, and an occasional buff bot who stands around and casts 2 spells every 30 seconds.

Problem 2: Item repairs. Let's face it, the item repair system is terrible. You can spend real money to buy a lovely weapon, yes. Then what? The weapon DUR goes down by 10 or more in one single "run". So you spend more money to repair it after it is damaged by a 98% over charged repair rate. The repair system needs to be removed and make all weapons indestructible OR allow weapons to be 100% fully repaired. Having to spend additional real money (or enormous amounts of macca) fixing an item you paid real money for is a VERY BAD IDEA. I had to spend literally 50k macca to repair my leggings today, which took an even longer time to acquire than the time it took the leggings to take 10 DUR damage..

Problem 3: Demon fusion is too time consuming. We shouldn't have to take hours to just teach the demon one skill. Demon fusion is fun, but cross learned skills should NOT take hours to teach. Also skills like "long range" are not possible to trade. I can't use an Accomplished Aello's Silver arrow on any other fused demon. This oversight is completely unacceptable. In all of the SMT games skills are instantly learned upon the fusion process.

Problem 4: Useless item mall items. Why would anyone spend money on a weapon that has 1 base attack damage? The item mall needs to have more useful items. The exp bonus items are a good idea. $20 for a "Bikini Package" is an insult to everyone's intelligence. You can buy REAL clothes for less than that. Why is the item mall so terrible now? Why does the fancy looking items do nothing except look fancy? Make purchasable item mall items useful. Gear that makes a difference and doesn't have to be maintained so much. Even DOMO wasn't that bad..

Problem 5:
Not enough outdoor experience grind or quest opportunities. A weekly invasion is not enough to handle the large amounts of macca needed in this game. Having to buy 50k macca for one single "run" is silly. Players should have more leveling options besides continuously paying for fun. I feel like this game is just a huge greedy money hog and it doesn't have to be.

Problem 6:
Demons serve nothing more than buff bots later..why? They are the centerpoint of the game and for some reason they fade into the background later with no real purpose other than to look cool/cute/sexy or to have their souls crystallized after they love you (this is just terrible!). Most level 80s I've seen don't even use their demons for other than a heal bot. It's sad really, watching the demons own was the best part of the game in beginning portion. Alices and Lilims (useless and weak in combat) are now being sold as novelty demons. A Hua Po mount ring is $20 which I waited a YEAR for. $20?! WHAT IS THIS?! I can buy a full game for that price!! The item mall once again is an OUTRAGE AND AN INSULT TO MY WALLET. It proves my point that demons now have no usefulness other than another way to make money.

The Megaten series is amazing and the beauty of their game is in this game, but it is being covered by the greedy and limited opportunities to level your character.

Everything is a time sink in this game with minimal fun. I love the game don't get me wrong, but I hate knowing that for every gratifying attack I know my money is going down.

I have no complaints about the Game Sages- they are cheerful, friendly, helpful and positive. I just am saddened by what has happened to this game because lack of interaction with the actual Devs of the game itself (yes I know the game is Japan based, but to they even care about the N.A. players?). I love the game series (I own all of the games), I want it to succeed, but the way the item mall, expertise, monotonous fusion system, and costly repair system are headed, I fear for its future.

For those that are saying "quit if you don't like it" you completely missed my point. I want this game to live and succeed, not be another victim of the endless list of dead MMORPGs. This game can have a great future and I'd love to be a part of it. I would not mind one bit spending $15 a month on this game to support the devs and game sages if it was treated as a real MMORPG and not a time consuming money sink.

xoxopuppy

Rank 0
xoxopuppy
PostedMay 01, 2011 4:15 pm
I voted a 3. Not much to complain about but the sucky promos on DoMO.

sir.mulealot

Rank 0
PostedMay 01, 2011 6:56 pm
rated 3:

item mall items are pretty expensive ($20 for statless items WTF!?) i would understand if the items were useful or good but they arnt. seems like GMs cbs listening to what the community wants (what kind of itmes they want in promos, FCs, item mall) they tell us to give them feedback but its like talking to a wall tbh they dont seem like they know a whole heap about teh game (but i guess thats not watcha paid for right?) and ofc lots of broken promises about the release times of content.

ahbuune

Rank 0
PostedMay 01, 2011 7:20 pm
Rated for 5 coz its great thats all

daWhizzy

Rank 3
daWhizzy
PostedMay 01, 2011 10:02 pm
good to see many games are doing good
DWO is not one of them. The GM's (like mentioned already) need training to say the least.
There is zero involvement in the tech forums, the amount of complaints is getting bigger by the day.
When finally a topic is posted by a GM adressing the issue, it get's attention for a day, then completly ignored.

The Akamai downloader and the Launcher...what a piece of bleep, when the HS patch came out many people had corrupted downloads. When new players want to download/install the game the downloader just fails in many occasions.
and excuse the flying bleep out of me, HOW CAN A GAMING COMPANY EVER ADVICE TO TURN OF A FIREWALL!!!!!!!!! (example)

the forums....ok you seem to like it the cheap way so you got yourself the freeware opensource phpbb. Although imo this software is unsafe and bugged this is your own choice but for the love of jove....fix the pm notifications and connect support ticket responses to this system, if you want to be a bit professional that is the least you should have in good working order

for now a 2/5

Joseph Gallivan wrote:
"Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again."
did i help you? pay it forward

kenchi101

Rank 0
kenchi101
PostedMay 01, 2011 10:38 pm

soz but i have an opinion

hope ya dont mind alowing this
i been here a while and i can say you guys charge too much for too many things
were was the fun that i was having 2 years ago with all your games....and wbout your prices....there outragiouse...(when did aeria become greedy?????_) pls tell me why you make it so imposible for all of us aeria lovers to have a good time and force us to buy ap by making it imposible to get good upgrades and enchantments and stuff like that...take 12sky 2....for example.....the games great...good lvls ...great fighting system*and almost a year ago it was even good enchanting....now youve added % to it ...and taken away sucess rate....and even made it impossible to go to 120% without ap items.....so why is that?????did you forget without us youd go broke????....why not just let the people buy what they want and revert the game back to nice enchanting and good gameplay were its not impossible to get cp and it would pake people buy ap ifyou were a bit nicer on that.......also theres last chaos....lets just say breaking items is the worst thig you guys made.....on upgrading.....its not everyone who can do good upgradeing...just the ap buyers....so why the breaking wepons feture?...yall have reely gone overboard.....you know when i lookd at my friends pc...he wasnt haveing lag when he was playing maynen,s 12sky2 and people still buy from them.....he didnot have the problems you guys do*so it makes me question why you have to make it hard for us.....can you plz explain why it is so hard to do such saposedly simple things...and why you practicly force us to upgrade and buy stuff....so much so the games loose there flavor? plz explain id reely like to knwo and so would the rest of the clann of aeria....domo 12sky2 wolfteam Last Chaos ministry of war ....ddt...ect, from everyone iv tlkd to all over your system this is the continuouse questions every one would like to know

Hanbei.Chan

Rank 3
Hanbei.Chan
The forgotten Upstate New York United States
PostedMay 01, 2011 10:51 pm
my vote is based off of Dynasty Warriors Online...

at the start I thought the game would be good, however, as the game went along through closed beta, things got worse...
starting vote: 4/5

prior to the HS Patch: community got along slightly better, and everything was good despite the problems with a guild and unfortunatly, a GS...the forces were more balanced and not as much drama, both ingame and on the forum
vote here: 4/5 still

Post HS Patch: here's where things got ugly. from what I've heard(my update didn't fail, so I guess I was lucky), many of the people who tried to update got corrupted downloads, including a few of my friends. I saw that many of the new players who wanted to play couldn't because their client was failing. Also, adding on to what daWhizzy said, why would a gaming company ask you to turn off your firewall/anti-virus?(in my case I will never do that because it already caught some viruses and trojan programs that might have come from the client or other programs that they had posted :/)

Crashing and lagging out has become more and more common by the maitenance. and its not getting any better unfortunatly, also there has been more DCing in town(even with DWO running my connection is still good, yet I've DCd in town at least 3 times)

the Community is ultimatly what makes all of this seem worse than it really is...DWO wasn't really meant for confronts, just there to be like any other DWO game, take bases and kill troops. Overtime and as the lag problem worsened(and this started just before the lag became a major problem), the community became more aggressive towards some of the GMs, and are getting greedy and too demanding. Sure the Campaigns are still not working and SDs failed, but hey, get along and have fun with what you have...

Final Rating: 3/5
final notes: I probably shouldn't give it the 3, but there are still some good qualities about the game and there are still some nice players who just want to play that are still around, those bring the score up imo. Too bad DWO doesn't have as good of a community as other games... :/

Worsnop

Rank 2
Worsnop
PostedMay 01, 2011 11:01 pm
3/5 due to what recently happened in DWO

taking a loooooooong break!