LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedApr 23, 2011 3:49 am

WARNING TO ALL PLAYERS FOR YOUR OWN SECURITY

Do not ever post your email address or other personal account details in forums or shout box
I am seeing more and more of players who either are new or just not used to the forums, posting their emails in posts and also in the shoutbox.

If we honest players see in shoutbox we all end up trying to spam out. With regard to any posts in the forums we all run around like headless chickens trying to find a mod to edit and remove those details.

We do this because as a community we care and do not want you to risk your account.

So please please I am pleading from the bottom of my heart for your own safety do not do this. The only place you give your email details is in a private rt between you and the GMs through Contact Us.

You also never give out your password. You do not give your password to anyone, players or GMs. If anyone asks you for your password in game or forums do not do it. If possible take a screenshot and report them.

I also suggest if you do post your email by mistake before reading this, then as an added security measure change your email and password associated with account as soon as possible. Better to be safe than sorry.

Thank you for your attention.

Best wishes

How to post a screenshot

Advertisement

Henata23

Rank 0
PostedDec 23, 2011 12:39 pm

General Question for adding security onto the severs.

All users shouldn't give out any of there account info to anyone except to aeria games under the contact us link for tech support.

Like for Example:
Forkids.tv has an end-user the system management system that uses an coding to sensor out private info on users to pretect all users on their forums.

My question:
Could this be possible to add onto the system settings for security reasons to pretect the general end-user; make it like an add-on to gamers on the severs?

eba6y

Rank 5
eba6y
PostedDec 23, 2011 1:35 pm
Superman0X wrote:
Privacy

Personal information such as PMs, emails, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, and the like are not to be posted in the forum or shout-box.

PM's, emails and Tickets are considered personal and are not to be posted or otherwise made public without permission from all parties.
Ban’s are not to be discussed in the forum or shout-box, nor in PMs. This includes why, when, who and what for. No exceptions.  

RETIRED
Some people get high on conflict and drama. Stay away from it all and live on cupcakes..

Rwhoaranngh

Rank 1
Rwhoaranngh
PostedDec 27, 2011 3:45 am
Lol,this a serious warning and only 700+ people looked at it,aeria games staff have a lot of influence...

Tyhan

Rank 1
Tyhan
PostedJan 07, 2012 12:16 am
How do you change the e-mail associated with your account?

I've changed the e-mail I use since making this account and you talk like it's possible, but I was unable to find it anywhere.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedJan 07, 2012 2:11 am
Tyhan wrote:
How do you change the e-mail associated with your account?

I've changed the e-mail I use since making this account and you talk like it's possible, but I was unable to find it anywhere.  

Go to your profile page. Either mouse over your name top right of page and you will see drop down menu with settings. Or to the left top of page just above your avatar you will see edit profile.
Click on either and in setting page click on the last tab called Account. Here you can change your password and your email.

Tyhan

Rank 1
Tyhan
PostedJan 07, 2012 9:38 am
LilianMcK wrote:
Go to your profile page. Either mouse over your name top right of page and you will see drop down menu with settings. Or to the left top of page just above your avatar you will see edit profile.
Click on either and in setting page click on the last tab called Account. Here you can change your password and your email.  

Ah, it doesn't show up when you zoom in 120% on your browser, and I didn't think to zoom out because I had no idea there was anything missing. Thanks.

PJBC

Rank 1
PJBC
PostedMar 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: WARNING TO ALL PLAYERS FOR YOUR OWN SECURITY

Do not ever post your email address or other personal account details in forums or shout box
LilianMcK wrote:
I am seeing more and more of players who either are new or just not used to the forums, posting their emails in posts and also in the shoutbox...  

To be quite honest, if you flaunt your information publicly, then you kinda deserve it. I mean, you wouldn't walk down the street with your keys and wallet hanging out.

Junesjive

Rank 0
Junesjive
PostedJun 28, 2012 2:13 pm
It is silly how many people get their information stolen just because they are careless. :<

Deliit

Rank 0
Deliit
PostedAug 04, 2012 5:55 am
Stick on this topic. Smile

Advice is least heeded when most needed.