Superman0X

Rank 5.1
Superman0X
PostedApr 22, 2011 9:09 am
My last reply got long, so I am starting a second

LilianMcK wrote:

I am seeing this from my own personal point of view as a customer. In the real world if I am a customer of a company and purchase their products for a few years, if over a pretty short period of time, the discounts I have been receiving reduced from 50% to 40% then to 13% at the final low discount I would look elsewhere for a better deal. I cannot do this here as I must in effect purchase from you to use in game. I have no choice in the matter. The only choice I do have is whether to purchase or not.

I would like to clearly state that your feedback was well written, and very helpful. One of the reasons for this thread is that not everyone else was as clear.. Razz
LilianMcK wrote:

Superman most of those I spoke with including myself did not see it like this. It was not about advantages to big spenders it was more about smaller spenders losing what they had before to pay for this.

We had two bonus cash sales last month.. one allowed big spenders to purchase with a 50% bonus. One had a maximum of 35%, and was identical to the prior month. There was no loss (month to month) in this instance, and the only difference was that we allowed some spenders to get more... and this is the feedback we got at the end of the month. At this time we are simply looking at if we need to cap the bonus. We would like to offer more bonus where it works well for us, but if it causes players to 'quit' because they don't feel it is fair, then we will cap it.

ghostwarrior01 wrote:
simple solution, just go back to say like 3 years ago and have a fun month rebate for up to like 5k or 10k ap? The bonus % of ap is nice but only for a few spenders. The fun month rebate of old worked for small and large spenders even if you spent $10 or $100 everyone had something to look forward to in the end. Those of us around in 07 and 08 when these took place had something to look forward to in the end and on the plus side for the company it kinda makes people spend just a little bit more if they know they will have that amount back to spend again. Just my thoughts on it.  

It is interesting that you brought this up. We stopped doing this because the reaction to the promotion was so negative, that we couldn't sell it to management. We were inundated with feedback about how people were leaving, would never buy AP again, and how they would tell all their friends about how terrible we were... so we don't do this promotion anymore.

I know I have said this before... we tend to repeat promotions based on how they work out. Sometimes we will try tweaking a promotion that didn't do as well as it could.. but those that just bomb... we walk away from.
Advertisement

Alti

Rank 3
Alti
PostedApr 22, 2011 9:46 am
Cash back is nice.. I remember Fun Month that was better.
Most games see the type of "reward points" that Aeria offers and does something similar and that is it.
I think anytime a company takes that extra step forward and attempts to give extra back to the company is a company I'd spend money with.

LilianMcK

Rank 5
LilianMcK
PostedApr 22, 2011 10:12 am
Superman0X wrote:
My last reply got long, so I am starting a second

LilianMcK wrote:

I am seeing this from my own personal point of view as a customer. In the real world if I am a customer of a company and purchase their products for a few years, if over a pretty short period of time, the discounts I have been receiving reduced from 50% to 40% then to 13% at the final low discount I would look elsewhere for a better deal. I cannot do this here as I must in effect purchase from you to use in game. I have no choice in the matter. The only choice I do have is whether to purchase or not.

I would like to clearly state that your feedback was well written, and very helpful. One of the reasons for this thread is that not everyone else was as clear.. Razz
LilianMcK wrote:

Superman most of those I spoke with including myself did not see it like this. It was not about advantages to big spenders it was more about smaller spenders losing what they had before to pay for this.

We had two bonus cash sales last month.. one allowed big spenders to purchase with a 50% bonus. One had a maximum of 35%, and was identical to the prior month. There was no loss (month to month) in this instance, and the only difference was that we allowed some spenders to get more... and this is the feedback we got at the end of the month. At this time we are simply looking at if we need to cap the bonus. We would like to offer more bonus where it works well for us, but if it causes players to 'quit' because they don't feel it is fair, then we will cap it.  

Re above, yes I understand this and of course I was referring to comparisons of prior to this time. I did actually notice in the 35% bonus sale, that the percentage bonus for my $50 had increased a little and I did feel this was a step in the right direction. From what I remember in the up to 35% it was 18% bonus compared to the 13% for the 50% bonus sale prior to it. However it still was not an exciting enough incentive for me personally, as naturally I am making comparisons to what I actually received last year for my dollar. If it had been a little closer to the 40% that my bonus had dropped to the latter part of last year I may have been a little more excited. Remember this 40% had only just been dropped from the 50% for a few months before it reduced again.

However on a very positive note I was very pleased to see this thread from you Superman. Communicating with your customers like this and looking for their feedback is a very good sign that we are being listened to and is always a good thing in my opinion. You get brownie points from me for this alone Wink Thank you.

Superman0X

Rank 5.1
Superman0X
PostedApr 23, 2011 8:37 pm
Let me try to move forward a bit... using existing examples.

At this time you can currently get +55% bonus cash @ the $50 level. You can also get +75% at the $100 level. Is this a problem?

If we add $150/200/250/300 levels, and give them higher bonus cash, will that be a problem?

If the answer is no, then we will continue as we have, and will scale based on the $ Value. If the answer is yes, then the question, is, at what $ value does it become a problem (because it provides too much benefit to big spenders).?

I am asking these questions, because we are going to be making changes, we are much more open to feedback before we make them, than afterward (where we will then wait for results).

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedApr 23, 2011 9:27 pm
Superman0X wrote:

At this time you can currently get +55% bonus cash @ the $50 level. You can also get +75% at the $100 level. Is this a problem?

If we add $150/200/250/300 levels, and give them higher bonus cash, will that be a problem?

If the answer is no, then we will continue as we have, and will scale based on the $ Value. If the answer is yes, then the question, is, at what $ value does it become a problem (because it provides too much benefit to big spenders).?

I am asking these questions, because we are going to be making changes, we are much more open to feedback before we make them, than afterward (where we will then wait for results).  

I don't think it will be a problem to be honest, I mean if you can put in that much on a per-monthly basis then your already going to get a huge benefit. I think the issue that players have is not with the bonus but just the sheer amount that people spend during special bonuses. They would complain just as much if people spent that much when no promotions were running.

Ryuho102

Rank 1
PostedApr 29, 2011 12:43 pm
I want the old cash bonus for pre-paid cards back please! (esp UGC) =[
It seems like Aeria are catering to the credit card users and don't appeal to customers whose only source of AP is through pre-paid cards. I don't know why AP bonuses for pre-paid cards are flunctuating (excluding bonus cash sales) but AP bonus for Ultimate Game Cards go drastically cut down from 30% bonus to as little as 2%, which makes me very sad. I'm sure there are pre-paid card users out there that agree with me as I have lost all incentive to buying AP ever again until I see the old AP bonuses on pre-paid cards *cough UGC cough*

millbank8

Rank 2
millbank8
PostedMay 02, 2011 11:41 am
Ryuho102 wrote:
I want the old cash bonus for pre-paid cards back please! (esp UGC) =[
It seems like Aeria are catering to the credit card users and don't appeal to customers whose only source of AP is through pre-paid cards. I don't know why AP bonuses for pre-paid cards are flunctuating (excluding bonus cash sales) but AP bonus for Ultimate Game Cards go drastically cut down from 30% bonus to as little as 2%, which makes me very sad. I'm sure there are pre-paid card users out there that agree with me as I have lost all incentive to buying AP ever again until I see the old AP bonuses on pre-paid cards *cough UGC cough*  

Prepaid cards are far better (well at least the aeria fun cards are) they offer 15%-20% reward points and it's my preferred way of purchasing AP. I do however wish when you guys did better reward promotions that you would include prepaid cards in that promotion

Kierh

Rank 0
PostedMay 05, 2011 3:23 pm
Higher bonus for bigger purchases is fine, as long as it doesn't kill the bonus for smaller purchases. +50% at $100, +75% at $200 and +100% at $300 seems about right to me.

I've mostly bought AP for tiered spender events (Shaiya is the only game I've used AP in) and the problem I have has already been described in this thread: the $100 monthly purchase doesn't have the value it used to have. 50% bonus cash for $100 purchase, 15,000 AP top tier. This worked so well that participating in the monthly tiered became a habit.

Now it's 35% BC and 20,000 AP top tier, or even 30,000 top tier. $100 wouldn't get me the goodies even with recurring payment. This is discouraging - why buy AP at all if it doesn't get me the nice stuff? From my point of view, the product here is no longer superior to competitors' products but vastly more expensive. The product's quality continues to decline while the price rises higher and higher. The inevitable outcome is I'll be lost as a paying customer, unless something changes.

As for recurring payment, I don't really consider it a viable option. I prefer to get AP when I want or need it, not on a specific day of the month. I also don't want to be locked into payments for a minimum of four months... and a monthy fee of $100 for a MMO is simply too much.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMay 15, 2011 7:15 am
as usual, there are always pro's or cons about a decide. But it's also normal that negative feedback ( well ... ) are being posted easily then a positive feedback concerning people's their RL money.

i've wrote on a post-it to check this thread and seems that the post-it was found after cleaning my desk ... keh =P

Superman0X wrote:
marksteele wrote:
so here's a rather novel idea, have a kind of bonus wheel. The more money your putting on the higher the base bonus starts.

IE if I put $5 on then I have a chance of getting a 5% to 20% bonus. However if I put $50 on then I have a chance to get a 10% to 30% bonus (or something like that). Heh I don't know why but I would find that a lot more appealing then with a set value system.  

You are saying that you are more comfortable with a random bonus than with a fixed bonus. That is something we can ask about.  

i doubt that people will be comfortable with this. fe if a month A has X % bonus, while month B an Y % and month C has a Z %.

just picking example, X > Z > Y. then there will be a feedback in/after month C that people wants to get X % promo back. people likes to get a high bonus since they're sensible with their money.

i rather advise to use a steady form of bonus promo. but which kind, a steady one or a linear adjustment per paying lvl ?
that's a difficult question Razz

Superman0X wrote:

maybe you can look at the average - yes i know, probably very hard to find it out - of how much people is buying AP.
and making a linear after that step while the average of it is at the same ( or rounded ) at the point of the average sale.

Superman0X wrote:

not all people can get money as the big spenders can do. for themselves it seems unfair that the big spenders can get more out of his money then themselves.

signature of xybolt

Superman0X

Rank 5.1
Superman0X
PostedMay 15, 2011 9:21 am
We have made some changes already (with more to come). The top option is set at 75% for $150 (the same as $100). We should be making some minor tweaks soon, so as to make the rates more consistent between payment methods.