joshy718

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2011 9:42 am

About the classes

Not sure if this was asked but if it was, I'm sorry. Will class advances be stronger? Like if I wanted to stay a thief, will a martial artist always **** me? or if I wanted to stay a bard would a blade dancer always out damage me? Just wondering if they are considered class advancements..like they get natural stat bonuses...I hope you understand what I'm asking lol
Advertisement

joshy718

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2011 9:44 am
And also, if I decide to stick to only one class the whole time, will I be weaker than everyone else? Like If I only stick to ranger and never change my class at all.

Mujika

Rank 1
Mujika
PostedApr 20, 2011 9:46 am
this have already been asked

ultimata33

Rank 0
ultimata33
PostedApr 20, 2011 10:12 am
Actually I already asked this a while ago Razz

I think if you mean if you were to stay as a Warrior instead of a Knight?

each class has inherent talents for thier class so all classes are pretty much strong in thier own way

RandomFKL

Rank 2
PostedApr 20, 2011 11:01 am
joshy718 wrote:
And also, if I decide to stick to only one class the whole time, will I be weaker than everyone else? Like If I only stick to ranger and never change my class at all.  

Strictly speaking, this scenario is impossible, since the starting options are Magician and Warrior.

From what I've gathered, staying in one class only will hinder you, since talents earned in one class can be set as others. Beyond that though...

joshy718

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2011 11:40 am
Ohhhh..x_x I wanted to stay thief but I feel like I'll just get owned by a martial artist lol

Mujika

Rank 1
Mujika
PostedApr 20, 2011 11:43 am
joshy718 wrote:
Ohhhh..x_x I wanted to stay thief but I feel like I'll just get owned by a martial artist lol  
noo you wonīt , itīs as in all game you will always get owned if you donīt build right

joshy718

Rank 0
PostedApr 20, 2011 12:14 pm
Mujika wrote:
joshy718 wrote:
noo you wonīt , itīs as in all game you will always get owned if you donīt build right  

Well I don't play a lot of point and clicks but in Ragnarok Online, if you stayed a 1st job, any job above you would own you regardless of build lol

salmonson

Rank 0
salmonson
PostedApr 20, 2011 12:21 pm
yeah, everything in this game is based on skills. even though you get thief before martial artist, that doesn't mean its better. thieves are the fastest out of all the classes (second i believe is knight) which means they're good for fast kills. Martial artist are slower than warriors/kights (using one-handed sword that is) but they have that raw power which backs up for it tremendously. blade dancers i just have no clue about that though.

so in conclusion, its all about your play style and just because it takes more time to get one class doesn't mean its better in any way at all.

ropalx

Rank 1
ropalx
PostedApr 20, 2011 2:50 pm
joshy718 wrote:
Mujika wrote:
joshy718 wrote:

Well I don't play a lot of point and clicks but in Ragnarok Online, if you stayed a 1st job, any job above you would own you regardless of build lol  

If you stayed as one class for the entirety of the game, say, magician, you would be more or less gimped, not because of the class itself but because you would miss a bunch of licenses.

Also, because of the rewards you get from leveling other classes, source:

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1159941