ardijah

Rank 0
PostedFeb 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Re: Shoutbox problem

Not listed on the sticky
jaretlafoudre wrote:
KrossX wrote:
In the last month(s?), everytime I visit the site the shoutbox is almost unusable. Since it tends to repeat a previous message or messages over and over. It does work well occasionally though.

I've tested it with IE9 (32 and 64bits versions), Opera 11.10 and Firefox 4. With Firefox I even tried forcing javascript in interpreter (which is also the case for IE9 x64, having no JIT) without any improvement on the issue.

I got the exact same problem since they added the cache stuff and the resize option, and as a GS it's really annoying as I can't do my duty properly.

This is what i get on two computers i have at home, one is vista the other is windows 7

Yet the computer at work is working fine and that one is XP.

Oh come on i know it's your end.
Advertisement

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
PostedMar 05, 2012 7:29 pm
It actually seems more like a local problem.

Do you guys have the same ISP? Same router model? Same networking card?

Wireshark would help. See what's happening with the keep-alive connection for SB.

KrossX

Rank 4
KrossX
PostedMay 02, 2012 4:56 am
I don't know what to look for, but there doesn't seem to be a loss of connection or anything. Packets look "normal" even when the shoutbox is closed and opened mulitple times until it shows nothing in it. (that's another bug)

It does seem to happen during startup/reload if that helps at all. Other than that, I think it's a an issue with the shoutbox code or even with how the cookies or authentication is handled. The shoutbox simply lacks robustness.

Evaeri

Rank 1
Evaeri
PostedMar 03, 2013 2:32 am
Sorry for bumping this thread, but for me the issue is my IP address. Can you two see if using an IP proxy (e.g. from here) solves your problem?

Although, these proxies can't log into Aeria (don't know why).

KrossX

Rank 4
KrossX
PostedMar 03, 2013 3:26 am
I haven't used the forums in a long time, but I did a quick test around the forum and didn't get the issue. I don't have time to stay on the forum long enough, sorry.