KrossX

Rank 4
KrossX
PostedApr 17, 2011 10:57 am

Shoutbox problem

Not listed on the sticky
In the last month(s?), everytime I visit the site the shoutbox is almost unusable. Since it tends to repeat a previous message or messages over and over. It does work well occasionally though.

I've tested it with IE9 (32 and 64bits versions), Opera 11.10 and Firefox 4. With Firefox I even tried forcing javascript in interpreter (which is also the case for IE9 x64, having no JIT) without any improvement on the issue.

Advertisement

jaretlafoudre

Rank 5
jaretlafoudre
PostedMay 27, 2011 4:11 am

Re: Shoutbox problem

Not listed on the sticky
KrossX wrote:
In the last month(s?), everytime I visit the site the shoutbox is almost unusable. Since it tends to repeat a previous message or messages over and over. It does work well occasionally though.

I've tested it with IE9 (32 and 64bits versions), Opera 11.10 and Firefox 4. With Firefox I even tried forcing javascript in interpreter (which is also the case for IE9 x64, having no JIT) without any improvement on the issue.

I got the exact same problem since they added the cache stuff and the resize option, and as a GS it's really annoying as I can't do my duty properly.

KrossX

Rank 4
KrossX
PostedJul 11, 2011 9:46 pm
I sent a ticket again (5772841) over a month ago and Support was nice enough to follow up the issue. After many tests (including other OS) and many silly questions the conclusion was the following:

Hello KrossX,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We have looked into this
issue. We do apologize that at this time we can not assist you with this
issue. We will continue to work on our end to correct this issue. For
the time being, other then our previous suggestions, there is nothing
more that we can do at this time to correct your Shout Box issue. Thank
you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you,
Team Aeria  

I think they should really just debug their Shoutbox implementation and review its entire code.

LilianMcK

Rank 4
LilianMcK
PostedJul 12, 2011 4:49 am
Lol I just thought that was someone spamming Wink

Kross have you tried Chrome? Might be a temp solution until they fix your issue. I use for this website as had issues with ie9. I don't tend to have problems with Chrome.

KrossX

Rank 4
KrossX
PostedJul 12, 2011 1:08 pm
I remember to have tried, during the LiveCDs tests and the result was the same. Since there was no successful outcome from those tests. XD

Still, I barely check this forums anymore so it ain't really a problem to me. But it should still be something to be corrected.

jaretlafoudre

Rank 5
jaretlafoudre
PostedAug 24, 2011 5:50 am
LilianMcK wrote:
Lol I just thought that was someone spamming Wink

Kross have you tried Chrome? Might be a temp solution until they fix your issue. I use for this website as had issues with ie9. I don't tend to have problems with Chrome.  

The problem apear with ALL the browser, all version, and still not fixed, Can't help people in shoutbox for month now.

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedAug 24, 2011 2:29 pm
jaretlafoudre wrote:
The problem apear with ALL the browser, all version, and still not fixed, Can't help people in shoutbox for month now.  

it's doing fine at me. did you have tried the next, 2 tabs, one for the shoutbox and the another one for foruming ? the issue is that the SB is doing weird if you are opening threads Neutral

signature of xybolt

jaretlafoudre

Rank 5
jaretlafoudre
PostedAug 25, 2011 3:58 am
xybolt wrote:
jaretlafoudre wrote:

it's doing fine at me. did you have tried the next, 2 tabs, one for the shoutbox and the another one for foruming ? the issue is that the SB is doing weird if you are opening threads Neutral  

Yes, no way...
I think it's related to something with the internet connection... at work I've the problem on every computer in the building (whatever the used browser). Same at home, but if I use my laptop on a wifi hotspot close to my home I don't have the problem...

KrossX

Rank 4
KrossX
PostedDec 06, 2011 6:43 am
And it still happens...

jaretlafoudre

Rank 5
jaretlafoudre
PostedDec 29, 2011 3:54 am
KrossX wrote:
And it still happens...  

Yes still not fixed...