HaineOtomiya1

Rank 0
HaineOtomiya1
PostedApr 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Question on Class Changes

Hi can anyone tell me a little more on how the class change works? I read this:

"Did you defend a party member in battle as a Knight, only to find they are now low on HP? Simply transform into a Cleric and cast a Healing spell! Free class transformations infinitely deepen Eden Eternal's gameplay experience. "

Does that mean you can just change anywhere you want? In DOMO you had to go to town..not that I think the idea is awful but to just change whenever you feel like it seems a little OP to me. Does anyone know about the actualy job change & how it happens...Cause from reading this I'm kinda scared XD
Advertisement

tasherana

Rank 2
PostedApr 15, 2011 7:10 pm
You go to the class change menu when your out of combat and not in the class change cooldown and select the class and hit change.

There are two videos showing this, look at shin's thread and one called something like "class change video".

GrandDreaming - GameSage: Domo » Aug 14, 2009 3:06 pm rana isnt a nice person | JonGhost - GameSage: Forum » Nov 21, 2009 1:51 am lol Rana is so mean

Ryozashi

Rank 2
Ryozashi
PostedApr 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Re: Question on Class Changes

HaineOtomiya1 wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me a little more on how the class change works? I read this:

"Did you defend a party member in battle as a Knight, only to find they are now low on HP? Simply transform into a Cleric and cast a Healing spell! Free class transformations infinitely deepen Eden Eternal's gameplay experience. "

Does that mean you can just change anywhere you want? In DOMO you had to go to town..not that I think the idea is awful but to just change whenever you feel like it seems a little OP to me. Does anyone know about the actualy job change & how it happens...Cause from reading this I'm kinda scared XD  

As long as you meet the requirements you may switch to that class as long as you are out of combat, and don't have a class change cooldown. You must also have the requirements to unlock that class.

For example, lets say I wanted to be a Martial Artist.

(EXAMPLE) Martial Artist Requirement: Lvl # Thief

As long as you have the requirements you can switch to that particular class.

kkiosk

Rank 3
kkiosk
PostedApr 15, 2011 10:25 pm
tasherana wrote:
You go to the class change menu when your out of combat and not in the class change cooldown and select the class and hit change.

There are two videos showing this, look at shin's thread and one called something like "class change video".  

Exactly right, also the Class change cooldown is either 20 or 30 seconds, so you can't just change to Cleric, heal, then immediately change back to Knight.

Kaylenne/70 AM - Keeran/82 DM - Viveca/76 Myst - Kayleeka/70 WL - DocBones/70 PP

et3rnia

Rank 0
et3rnia
PostedApr 15, 2011 11:53 pm
and do remember you can't change class when in combat mode,so do becareful when hunting.

btw,ryo, the off EE website thread is heating a bit eh:p

Ryozashi

Rank 2
Ryozashi
PostedApr 16, 2011 3:53 pm
et3rnia wrote:
and do remember you can't change class when in combat mode,so do becareful when hunting.

btw,ryo, the off EE website thread is heating a bit eh:p  

I don't see it as heating. I see it as a misguided soul with a temper issue. :3

HaineOtomiya1

Rank 0
HaineOtomiya1
PostedApr 16, 2011 4:40 pm
Seems a little OP to me =/
Even if you cant change when your fighting...but then again..what do I know...I haven't played yet so I can't exactly judge =p guess I'll just have to wait & see. Thanks for the feedback

ropalx

Rank 1
ropalx
PostedApr 16, 2011 6:10 pm
HaineOtomiya1 wrote:
Seems a little OP to me =/
Even if you cant change when your fighting...but then again..what do I know...I haven't played yet so I can't exactly judge =p guess I'll just have to wait & see. Thanks for the feedback  

Unless PvP will go as a cleric trying to bludgeon a warrior to death with a stick, 20-30 seconds is ALOT of time.

One thing i would like to know though, by combat mode is it being near enemies, or being actively hit by enemies, or targeting an enemy?

If its the first one, then class changing for advantages purposes will be pretty hard to conceive.

songeurique

Rank 3
songeurique
PostedApr 16, 2011 6:18 pm
ropalx wrote:

One thing i would like to know though, by combat mode is it being near enemies, or being actively hit by enemies, or targeting an enemy?

Its when you have an enemy's aggro and they are chasing you or you are in combat with them .

When I am king, you will be first against the wall, With your opinion which is of no consequence at all.~ Paranoid Android ... Radiohead.

ropalx

Rank 1
ropalx
PostedApr 16, 2011 6:30 pm
songeurique wrote:
ropalx wrote:

Its when you have an enemy's aggro and they are chasing you or you are in combat with them .  

Wouldn't this mean support would probably be like 3 classes at the same time, as long as they don't actively hit the enemy?