ErinYee

Rank 2
ErinYee
PostedApr 16, 2011 10:06 am
Funny survey. :3
It would be interesting to see how this develops.
Advertisement

vally_vali2004

Rank 4
vally_vali2004
PostedApr 16, 2011 11:03 am
done ...what are the prizes?

Kalaydo

Rank 3
Kalaydo
PostedApr 16, 2011 11:04 am
Mmmmmm that was very interesting. I'll need to keep my eyes on this.

Dojan5

Rank 4
Dojan5
PostedApr 16, 2011 11:08 am
This survey needs more neutral options and possibly some additional input. As it lacks that I'll just throw out my comments here.

Whilst I usually don't feel too intrigued or inclined to play a game in order to earn it's achievements (it really depends on the type of game), it is a nice addition to any community. The overall score part intrigued me quite a bit actually.

Lately I have been playing a lot of games on my iPod Touch 4G, which comes by default with a Game Center, which mainly is a chatting system for chatting with friends, it has the possibility to "host" (rather, link you and a friend together so that you can play) games if the game supports that features. Many such games that I play are simple puzzler games, or arcade-ish games, they're often quite simple, however, personally I find that achievements works best in these types of games.

In short, I like achievements, and I'd love to see Aeria have some local version for all ones achievements for all the games, browser and MMORPG games, but I would not play, or be more likely to play a game solely for the fact that it has an achievement system. Achievement adds to the gameplay, and I suppose those who are into the "collector" type gameplay often end up trying to collect all the achievements, but as said, I would not play solely for the achievements.

However, achievements is a good way to add some gameplay value to an already existing game, for example, in Megaten we have something called a Demonic Compendium, which stores data of most demons in the game, in order to store data you need to own that demon, summon it and record the data, which ends up being quite costly. Not a lot of people have collected all the Demonic Compendium entries as far as I know, but that certainly is an achievement and it is something that one would be proud over.

If you ever plan to implement achievements, I say go for it!

1 paka, 2 paka, 3 paka, 4 paka. I paka, you paka, he paka, all paka.

gin1010ger

Rank 3
gin1010ger
PostedApr 16, 2011 11:28 am
Done !
Smile

ChocolateVirus

Rank 3
ChocolateVirus
PostedApr 16, 2011 1:19 pm
done Very Happy

<a></a>

slobonaw

Rank 3
slobonaw
PostedApr 17, 2011 11:00 pm
Done

King_of_Kings13

Rank 0
King_of_Kings13
PostedApr 19, 2011 5:50 pm
This is an exellent idea! Most teens my age I hang around prefer the Xbox 360 / Ps3 for their Achievement/ Trophy earning system. It gives you something to look foward too when doing something extremelly hard in-game! It gives you a sense of pride AND bragging rights once earned! Exellent idea Mr.GM Keep it uP!

Alonzig_Vietru

Rank 0
Alonzig_Vietru
Would this not tip things in favor of the powerlevelers? I think points should also be giving to those who like to grind. old school, staying at a certain level, or in a certain level range and socking up all the SP possible, without blowing it on a plvl trip.

Thx xSiDx for the sig.

plokami

Rank 0
plokami
PostedApr 20, 2011 6:09 am
Done as well.
Found the answer options quite silly, to be honest.

IGN - Metal