Diaketsu

Rank 0
PostedApr 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Please tell me theres no bot system >.<

want to know if there is a bot system like GF or now (hope not)
Well is there going to be a bot system system like on GF(Grand Fantasia), personally it might level people up faster, but it takes the fun out of the game. People will just log in let the system do all the work, and leave. then it'll make it hard to find parties for dungeons, and quest. also can't forget how it's hard to find grinding spots, because the botters will take your kills, and the areas will be full. =/ so it's my suggestion to not put a bot system, so more players can interact with each other. and to give a challenge on level, unlike on the Gaia server of GF where alomst everybody is lvl60+.... so just alittle food for thought. plz can we get a info on it.
Advertisement

Ayrinne

Rank 1
Ayrinne
PostedApr 14, 2011 4:03 pm
there's a "helper" but no bot system

zolamee

Rank 2
zolamee
PostedApr 14, 2011 4:04 pm   Last edited by zolamee on Apr 14, 2011 4:09 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I believe this was already discussed in a previous post somewhere....

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1138759

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1138183

Besides,even If AGE decides to put a botting system,it might be on a completely different server like in GF. Even so,using the bot is optional,I know a quite a few people that didn't know about the botting system on the Gaia server and they where already in their high 30s and 50s.

Diaketsu

Rank 0
PostedApr 14, 2011 4:05 pm
i can take a helper, where it "Just" pick up drops items(when summoned), but not anything that auto attacks, and auto targets =/

songeurique

Rank 3
songeurique
PostedApr 14, 2011 4:12 pm
GM_Venom wrote:
Auto-Retaliate? There isn't! Woo!  

When I am king, you will be first against the wall, With your opinion which is of no consequence at all.~ Paranoid Android ... Radiohead.

Liddokun

Rank 4
Liddokun
PostedApr 14, 2011 4:59 pm
songeurique wrote:
GM_Venom wrote:
Auto-Retaliate? There isn't! Woo!  

Woo! The helper will only auto-drink pots but i think AGE is gonna disable that too (auto-retaliate exist but the way it is designed the game can come with that feature enabled or disabled). The only thing that can be automated in the game is loot collection (your pet will do that job for you nicely). In the HK/TW version that feature is available although it is OFF by default but some players are exploiting the feature by "passive" botting (basically stand in one spot and lets auto-attack kill the monsters automatically) while auto-pot/auto-sit lets them drink or automatically sit/rest whenever their HP hit a safe point.

Personally I dislike auto-anything although sometimes it can be a good thing esp if you got hit by a lag monster, auto-pot can save your life in a pinch. However, there's a caveat, the cooldown of pots in this game is a LOT faster (10 seconds) compared to GF/KS's 30 sec pot cooldown however, monsters can attack a lot faster (esp bosses which can unleash a torrent of attacks at you). Without autopot you might die quite easily esp if you have a moderate internet latency (>200 ms pings). So auto-pot is somewhat a double edge sword, esp if used with auto-retaliate however it can be a merciful life savers for those NOT playing with a fast internet connection. Anyway this is ALL my opinion and it's up to AGE if they want auto-pot enabled or disabled.

ShinZeta

Rank 2
ShinZeta
PostedApr 14, 2011 5:44 pm   Last edited by ShinZeta on Apr 14, 2011 5:47 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I don't think the Auto-retaliate option is so bad. I mean, there is a Anti-Bot system in the game. It shows up every now and again and has you put the numbers it shows in . If you fail to type out those numbers before the time is up, then you get dc/ed. This system will also prevent Gold spamming bots. So people.. Please, please please please, be careful what you ask for. ._.

That system will pretty much prevent AFK grinding, so why take away something that means less button pressing for you? It's pointless . Though i personally feel that w/o the Auto-Retaliate function, this system would be nothing short of a nuisance. I swear it only pops up on me when im in a pinch. >.> i'm in the middle of a big fight then, BAM! Enter these numbers or dc!

dreamocracy

Rank 3
dreamocracy
PostedApr 14, 2011 5:45 pm
Yeah I gotta agree I'm glad there won't be auto-retaliate in Eden.
It's made me so soft and lazy in Kitsu Saga. T^T I mean.. grinding thousands of mobs for hours to level isn't the most fun thing to do, but with auto-retaliate it's pretty much move to a spot and wait for the levels to come. Razz

rinsha

Rank 4
rinsha
PostedApr 14, 2011 5:47 pm
id be happy to just be playing the game with or without bot

Diaketsu

Rank 0
PostedApr 15, 2011 1:51 pm
i say just auto lot, and call it day, no auto anything eles.... make the game like gf's bodor server... no auto killing, no auto targeting.... just auto pick up from sprite, make players earn there level with actually playing instead of setting something, and leave your comp for hour... i did it on gf's gaia sever, and don't even feel like i accomplished anything even though my char is lvl70... on the other hand i feel proud of my lvl49 char on bodor b/c i put alot of work into it... and my main reason to all of it is... botting leads to people not play, which leads to less people doing dungeons... like finding tanks, and healer aren't hard enough already, adding the bot is just insulting... when people atually are donig the leveling themselves, that atleast gives a more choice+ want of people wanting, or needing to do dungeon runs.