and -1 too for abusive OP sellers

so its 3/5 XD

Advertisement

kiatsu

Rank 4
kiatsu
PostedMar 24, 2011 8:56 pm
Avyn wrote:
  • Please be more careful in selecting GS. For Shaiya specifically, I see very huge lack in community interaction from the GS manager, making it difficult to make choices based on personal experience. Keep in mind that the whisperings in your ear by senior GS should be taken with a grain of salt.  

People are generally 'senior' GS's for a reason....if a GS isn't up to snuff, they usually try and weed them out. Also, it's not the GS Managers' JOB to interact with the community, per se. It's to interact with the GS's. There are other GM's whose job it is to be out and about in game and on forums. (like tactics was)

Avyn wrote:

• It would also be a good idea that GS be required to read and be familiar with the ToS and other rules. There has been an ongoing problem on one of the servers (mentioned in the second RT) of a GS misinterpreting or making up rules. Sure, the ToS can be wordy, but it's not hard to double check with a GM if it's unclear. Telling the entire server false information habitually is detrimental to the community.

• If that's actually happening....well, I don't know how. GS's have to go through a two-week training program now to even GET tags. It's either intentional, or the GS in question has a poor memory.

Avyn wrote:

• Please make sure that what GS are submitting in their forum support is actually helpful. Posting on two week old threads with redundant information is not helpful. Throwing half-hearted guides together and asking a mod to sticky them is also not overly helpful. How is this helpful? Nothing in that guide offers information additional to Elfstruck's unstickied guide. Only, Elfstruck's contains much more information in a much more structured way. Why is a guide so riddled with errors and composed mostly of information copy and pasted from another stickied post in the same section the first thing casters see when they enter the Mage/Pagan section while something with pages of sticky requests coasts down the page?  

• The forum support thing I've seen for myself, Avyn, but recently, the GS Manager has said she's going to be cracking down on it. Hard for me to say whether or not she's acted on it now.

As for the guides....just because one guide is more complete than another doesn't mean there should only BE one. I looked at Azurea's guide VS. yours, and for one thing, it doesn't appear as if either is copied/pasted from the other. Even the text formatting of the skills is different. Not to mention yours has recently been edited. Azurea's is a year old. Is it possible that it's 'riddled with errors' due to updates in the skills since then? Maybe she hasn't realized/had time to update it since things have changed.

I'm sure if you caught a forum mod on the shoutbox, they'd be happy to sticky your guide. GS's generally have forum mods on their YIM. It's just easier for them to get a hold of the Forum guys to have something stickied. I know people like to perceive things as conspiracy and favoritism, but generally, Occam's razor theory applies.

Avyn wrote:

• GS should not be ostracized for maintaining positive relationships with the regular forum community. I'm not always a nice person and I post a lot. I even post lolcats once in a while. Apparently, this makes me a forum troll and it makes GS who associate with me poor GS. This should stop. Trying to contort an entire GS team to one conformed behavior and method of selecting friends does nothing but destroy unity in the team.  

• In my experience, GS's aren't made or broken by their relationships with other people. I've never seen a potential GS get turned down because they hung around you. If that association was brought up, it was brought up because the person was of a like mind, or displayed like behavior. (Which isn't an unusual phenomenon in any social circle.) I have seen it be a negative factor at times, but never has a GM said 'oooh....that person talks to Avyn. No can do. Too bad though, because other than that they're AWESOME.'

~ Under Construction ~

Avyn

Rank 5.2
    Avyn
    PostedMar 24, 2011 9:34 pm
    kiatsu wrote:
    Avyn wrote:
    • Please be more careful in selecting GS. For Shaiya specifically, I see very huge lack in community interaction from the GS manager, making it difficult to make choices based on personal experience. Keep in mind that the whisperings in your ear by senior GS should be taken with a grain of salt.  

People are generally 'senior' GS's for a reason....if a GS isn't up to snuff, they usually try and weed them out. Also, it's not the GS Managers' JOB to interact with the community, per se. It's to interact with the GS's. There are other GM's whose job it is to be out and about in game and on forums. (like tactics was)  

In my opinion, it would benefit the community if the GS manager had a little more interaction with the community and that was what I was trying to say in my feedback. I'm aware that she has her duties, but I think the application process suffers a little bit when the GS manager doesn't know any of the of the applicants.

This would not be a problem if more of an emphasis appeared to be put on application strength, but I think we both know that isn't always the case and it isn't even always a realistic option. It's a ton of reading. I wouldn't want that job.

It may be a bad thing to say, but from my perspective, I don't hold even the senior GS to occasionally allow themselves to form biases. I could name a few examples (and no I'm not one - I'm well aware that I'm too much of a loose cannon to be a GS Razz), but I don't think that would be appropriate publicly.

kiatsu wrote:
    Avyn wrote:
  • It would also be a good idea that GS be required to read and be familiar with the ToS and other rules. There has been an ongoing problem on one of the servers (mentioned in the second RT) of a GS misinterpreting or making up rules. Sure, the ToS can be wordy, but it's not hard to double check with a GM if it's unclear. Telling the entire server false information habitually is detrimental to the community.

• If that's actually happening....well, I don't know how. GS's have to go through a two-week training program now to even GET tags. It's either intentional, or the GS in question has a poor memory.  

It happened, unfortunately =/ I did send a ticket over it and hopefully it doesn't happen any more. I have noticed that GS complaints are taken very seriously. I've ticketed a GS or multiple GS on three separate occasions and while none of them were removed from the program, I did see a change in the behavior, which leads me to believe that the GS manager did handle it appropriately. I have confidence in this.
    kiatsu wrote:
    Avyn wrote:
  • Please make sure that what GS are submitting in their forum support is actually helpful. Posting on two week old threads with redundant information is not helpful. Throwing half-hearted guides together and asking a mod to sticky them is also not overly helpful. How is this helpful? Nothing in that guide offers information additional to Elfstruck's unstickied guide. Only, Elfstruck's contains much more information in a much more structured way. Why is a guide so riddled with errors and composed mostly of information copy and pasted from another stickied post in the same section the first thing casters see when they enter the Mage/Pagan section while something with pages of sticky requests coasts down the page?  

• The forum support thing I've seen for myself, Avyn, but recently, the GS Manager has said she's going to be cracking down on it. Hard for me to say whether or not she's acted on it now.

As for the guides....just because one guide is more complete than another doesn't mean there should only BE one. I looked at Azurea's guide VS. yours, and for one thing, it doesn't appear as if either is copied/pasted from the other. Even the text formatting of the skills is different. Not to mention yours has recently been edited. Azurea's is a year old. Is it possible that it's 'riddled with errors' due to updates in the skills since then? Maybe she hasn't realized/had time to update it since things have changed.

I'm sure if you caught a forum mod on the shoutbox, they'd be happy to sticky your guide. GS's generally have forum mods on their YIM. It's just easier for them to get a hold of the Forum guys to have something stickied. I know people like to perceive things as conspiracy and favoritism, but generally, Occam's razor theory applies.  

That was actually another instance in which I ticketed GS. If the manager says she's cracking down on it, again, I see that as appropriate action taken. That makes me feel good and reaffirms my faith in the ticket system Smile

The guides are a different issue. Azurea's guide is six months old and was made specifically for Epi5.2 (our current version) and advertises it as such. It's not really about my guide either, as I don't even think that it's ready for a sticky yet. It's just a skill list. People will find it if that's what they're looking for. However, the guide in the Priest section is... well, quite poor. I can't understand why it was stickied when it contains no more useful information than a typical one page Q&A thread found all over the section. However, I do plan on going over the section and seeing if I can help clean up the stickies. I'm a little more familiar with the section than most people, so it's the least I can do to be helpful.

I have forum mods on my YIM too, or if not available, a GS on my MSN will likely have one that I can reach should an issue arise, but I wouldn't feel comfortable asking for a sticky to replace another sticky. I'm audacious... not that audacious Razz I'm definitely no conspiracy theorist. I just can't help but notice that the stickies need work.
    kiatsu wrote:
    Avyn wrote:
  • GS should not be ostracized for maintaining positive relationships with the regular forum community. I'm not always a nice person and I post a lot. I even post lolcats once in a while. Apparently, this makes me a forum troll and it makes GS who associate with me poor GS. This should stop. Trying to contort an entire GS team to one conformed behavior and method of selecting friends does nothing but destroy unity in the team.  

• In my experience, GS's aren't made or broken by their relationships with other people. I've never seen a potential GS get turned down because they hung around you. If that association was brought up, it was brought up because the person was of a like mind, or displayed like behavior. (Which isn't an unusual phenomenon in any social circle.) I have seen it be a negative factor at times, but never has a GM said 'oooh....that person talks to Avyn. No can do. Too bad though, because other than that they're AWESOME.'  

The concern wasn't with GS applicants, and it wasn't with specific relation to me. It was more of an association with the entire regular crowd to the SB and forums (or "forum trolls", as we have been affectionately labeled), or the GS who choose to be part of our IRC community as well. This bullet relates more to the expected behavior of GS. In my opinion, a GS shouldn't always have to be a stoic and personality-less entity.

And the 'like-mind, like-behavior' comment made me smile in a cynical way Razz Touché Wink

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
    LedZepMan92
    PostedMar 24, 2011 10:36 pm   Last edited by LedZepMan92 on Mar 24, 2011 10:43 pm. Edited 2 times in total
    I gave a 4/5 (and I hadn't even considered the Japan thing, though that likely wouldn't have affected my vote), but I hadn't seen this yet:

Avyn wrote:

The response from Aeria here is absolutely atrocious, especially Superman's very last post. Belittling legitimate complaints as "silly insults" is a surefire way to piss your playerbase off and make sure nothing improves. Instead of assuming the mass of players posting their very specific grievances with your promotion is a mob of idiots, why don't you take 10 seconds to actually think about what they're saying? Would be a nice gesture.

killzone201

Rank 0
    PostedMar 24, 2011 10:40 pm
    weell 4 becaz u guys give gifts and not 5 becaz still no ap in pakistan

sarahdusk

Rank 0
    sarahdusk
    PostedMar 24, 2011 10:44 pm
    I gave a 4.

5 for helping Japan, and putting something I have asked for on the alchemy table almost every time. Also have decent events, though they should be more spread out, I'm forced to choose between them sometimes. Fred spawns in Kaslow at the same time as world boss and gm raid? Really? And I LOVE the balloon mount and squirrel (I own both now). Good job there. Don't come out with too many new items this close together though, I'm broke! ha-ha.

-1 Because I sent in a question, and my response didn't answer my question at all, in fact the answer almost made me feel slightly insulted. Also I have spent a ton of money on those legacy fortune bags, just to get gb's and hammers. And lastly, is it really necessary to put Oclay in fortune bags? I'm just sayin... Those "bags of clay" should be renamed "bags of Oclay".

I'm really disappointed we lost jelly fight, and now I'm trying to figure the 'forum event' thing out, which really isn't being handled well. I think I put my entry in for the wrong week because nothing new was posted, and if it was I could not find it. Please make a link to the current weeks forum event on the homepage or calendar please.

Overall though, despite the really rude players, I'm having a good experience and plan to continue playing.

Tmaximus

Rank 4
    Tmaximus
    omg i have no idea somewhere in United States
    PostedMar 25, 2011 12:10 am
    Good Job!! keep up the good work Very Happy

kiatsu

Rank 4
    kiatsu
    PostedMar 25, 2011 12:18 am
    Avyn wrote:

In my opinion, it would benefit the community if the GS manager had a little more interaction with the community and that was what I was trying to say in my feedback. I'm aware that she has her duties, but I think the application process suffers a little bit when the GS manager doesn't know any of the of the applicants.

This would not be a problem if more of an emphasis appeared to be put on application strength, but I think we both know that isn't always the case and it isn't even always a realistic option. It's a ton of reading. I wouldn't want that job.  

I agree. It certainly couldn't hurt to have Bella pop around the forums and shoutbox, but again, in a perfect world, its part of a GS's job description to help them make an informed decision about possible applicants. But as I think you're saying, the system could do with some tweaking. A good deal of the applicants in the past 6 months or more have been...less than ideal, to say the least.

Avyn wrote:
    It may be a bad thing to say, but from my perspective, I don't hold even the senior GS to occasionally allow themselves to form biases. I could name a few examples (and no I'm not one - I'm well aware that I'm too much of a loose cannon to be a GS Razz), but I don't think that would be appropriate publicly.  

I wouldn't suggest it's a bad thing to say. It's just a TRUE thing. Wink Even the most objectionable people are still going to form a bias from time to time. It's next to impossible not to. It's just when these biases make themselves known AGAIN and AGAIN, that it becomes an issue.

Avyn wrote:
    It happened, unfortunately =/ I did send a ticket over it and hopefully it doesn't happen any more. I have noticed that GS complaints are taken very seriously. I've ticketed a GS or multiple GS on three separate occasions and while none of them were removed from the program, I did see a change in the behavior, which leads me to believe that the GS manager did handle it appropriately. I have confidence in this.  

It's good to know some of the community has a bit of faith Razz A lot of people believe that unless they SEE the GS get hanged, nothing happened to correct an issue.

Avyn wrote:
    That was actually another instance in which I ticketed GS. If the manager says she's cracking down on it, again, I see that as appropriate action taken. That makes me feel good and reaffirms my faith in the ticket system Smile

The guides are a different issue. Azurea's guide is six months old and was made specifically for Epi5.2 (our current version) and advertises it as such. It's not really about my guide either, as I don't even think that it's ready for a sticky yet. It's just a skill list. People will find it if that's what they're looking for. However, the guide in the Priest section is... well, quite poor. I can't understand why it was stickied when it contains no more useful information than a typical one page Q&A thread found all over the section. However, I do plan on going over the section and seeing if I can help clean up the stickies. I'm a little more familiar with the section than most people, so it's the least I can do to be helpful.

I have forum mods on my YIM too, or if not available, a GS on my MSN will likely have one that I can reach should an issue arise, but I wouldn't feel comfortable asking for a sticky to replace another sticky. I'm audacious... not that audacious Razz I'm definitely no conspiracy theorist. I just can't help but notice that the stickies need work.  

Ahaha. It seems I should have read Azurea's a bit more indepth. I hadn't realized it was made post-5.2, and as such I concede the point. Was it perhaps the first guide of it's type? If so, I can maybe see why they would have stickied it. If not, your guess is as good as mine. (I didn't clarify this, and I should have. I wasn't referring to you with the 'conspiracy' bit Razz )

Avyn wrote:
    The concern wasn't with GS applicants, and it wasn't with specific relation to me. It was more of an association with the entire regular crowd to the SB and forums (or "forum trolls", as we have been affectionately labeled), or the GS who choose to be part of our IRC community as well. This bullet relates more to the expected behavior of GS. In my opinion, a GS shouldn't always have to be a stoic and personality-less entity.

And the 'like-mind, like-behavior' comment made me smile in a cynical way Razz Touché Wink  

Are you calling me stoic and personality-less? :< Laughing
    (Again, I feel I missed a step in there, as I wasn't necessarily insinuating people aren't getting in because they're ACTING or THINKING like you Laughing )

It's always good forum-debating with you Very Happy

~ Under Construction ~

ShadowArc

Rank 5
    ShadowArc
    PostedMar 25, 2011 12:45 am
    Voted 3/5. I think Aeria is expanding too rapidly with all these upcoming MMOs. Could at least use more variety among them too, like an action-oriented MMO, such as the upcoming Metal Assault, but I'm just biased for them lately. I also think you should just stop with the browser games, it seems like a waste of resources to acquire so many when a lot are so similar. DDTank is unique, at least.

The Japan relief packages were really nice, but some packages for some of the games were rather... poor, while other games had amazing offers. I know the point wasn't to get awesome stuff, but you could have done a little better than exp modifiers for some games. It's not really a big deal for me, but incentive is a big factor for some people.

HBDesiato1

Rank 0
    PostedMar 25, 2011 1:52 am
    As mostly they have been doing a good job in shaiya 5/5 although if anything there should be more % increase in lower $ for bonus cash