Gabryal

Rank 0
Gabryal
PostedMar 27, 2007 11:14 pm   Last edited by Gabryal on Mar 31, 2007 3:56 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Stories of your Characters

In an interest to see how in depth people go with who their characters are, and to see how good of writers people are (I write for a living) I am starting this thread. If you ever wanted to give your character some background here is your chance.

I am Gabryal no Mandrake de Sansclair, and I am a Scion of Kushiel. I was the third son of the Chevalier Tristam de Sansclair and Celicia Shaharizi. Our home was a peaceful place, a coastal holding in southern Kusheth, in the beautiful nation of the people of Elua. I lived as most boys might I think, Kusheth is a hard land but not without it's beauty. I loved the sea, and often went sailing alone on my small skif, and I loved to ride looking forward to the days when the Tsingano would hold their horse fairs at the hippochamp. I dreamed a boys dreams, wishing to be at one time or another, a soldier, a sailor, a pirate, and all the other things a young boy dreams off. This ended when I was eight years old.

My family, while titled, was bereft of currency and in some debt as the lands of Sansclair were little more than a rock and surf, bringing in meagre funds for the support of the household, and my parents owed a supstantial debt to the Court of Night Blooming flowers, house Valerian had filed suit. It was thus as the youngest son that my indenture was sold to house Mandrake to cover the cost and my service to blessed Namaah began.

I am a Scion of Kushiel, blood as pure as any in the Duchy of Kusheth, and as I grew older my blood began to tell. I was trained in the ways of giving pain and humiliation to my clients, as well as all the things for which the Court of Night Blooming flowers is renowned. It was vogue amongst certain people to witness for their pleasure some of the atrocities reported, but unverified, of the Skaldi during the invasion of Waldemar Selig, so I was trained to sword and shield, the language of Skaldia, and how to deliver wounds that were not lethal but would appear so to the clients of house Mandrake. I make no boast but to say that learning to do this thing takes many more hours of training with the blade than is customary, perhaps even amongst the Casseline Brotherhood. The stories were all the same, innocent townsfolk being butchered and an innocent D'angeline maiden being ravaged. These last were supplied by House Valerian whose art is in the recieving of pain. It was in one such performance that I met eshva no Valerian.

Naamah grant pardon on me. She was beautiful, so small and delicate pale of skin with long auburn locks. She trembled to look upon me in my white wolfskin cloak that is said to have been the mark of the personal guard of Selig. I trembled inside to see it, and something inside me broke to see her fear. I wish now that I had not completed the performance, I wish now that I had blasphemy there and not subjected her to the humiliation of those people who had gathered to watch it. I wish many things, but I am a Scion of Kushiel, and my blood overwhelmed my pity. Blessed Naamah perhaps would understand, I for myself will gladly subject myself to Kushiel himself and demand my due from him when I reach the Terre d'Ange beyond the sky. For this thing alone in my life do I feel remorse.

House Mandrake benefitted greatly from my prescence, of all the performers of the reenactments, I was the most requested. However, from the day I met eshva my heart was as stone, and as patron gifts poured in I saved half of what I earned, and applied only half to my mark. I had it in mind then I think to buy her mark, but be that as it may I endured and my performances grew greater audiences, as I poured my longing into my art. Soon it was not two or three members of house Valerian that were my victims but twenty, and they went from being innocent townsfolk to soldiers . The blood stained the floors and patrons of a hundred or more threw their coins onto the floor at the end of each performance. I can only imagine what house Valerian thought of this, taking upon themselves the training of arms, and how to use them effectively and yet still yield. I imagine it was an interesting scene, but I shall never know.

The performances grew more diverse as time went on. I learned to shoot as an Arcadian to recreat the oft told rumour of the assassination of the murderers of Isabelle L'envers. I rode as a member of Prince Roland's company in the battle of three Princes, and as a member of the Black Shields in the Betrayal of Percy de Sommerville. I had not yet reached my twenty second year when my marque was complete.

It was then that the Dowayne of Mandrake house approached me asking my intentions. I think he expected me to stay, and I might have I think, having spent over half my life in the Halls of Mandrake House, if not for one memory nearly three years before of eshva no Valerian. I spent not another day there instead with twice again the money my marque had cost I left Mandrake house never to return.

I walked straight to Valerian house and requested an Assignation. I was well known to the Dowayne of that house, and I think I guess rightly that he was none to pleased to see me. The role of Valerian house in supplying my "victims" had brought them great wealth yes, but it had also lessoned their stature to that of an offshoot of Mandrake. Yet my coin was good and I requested eshva no Valerian for that very evening. I will admit I paced the floors in waiting, and when the time had come I was ushered into a pleasure room where in the center kneeling abeyant was eshva no Valerian.

She was as beautiful as I remembered, more so now. She looked up to me with clear green eyes and asked in a quiet voice with a hint of tremble to it.

"Good evening My Lord, what may I do for you this evening?".

My blood beckoned me, yet I recoiled from it and for the first time repulsion at what I was rose in me. I answered thusly.

"Only this, in repayment for the fear I gave you once long ago." And dropped the sack of coins next to her.

What she thought I do not know, but as I turned she spoke again this time with some small amazement and perhaps some indignation in her soft voice. "My Lord, I have waited for you these three long years, and you shall leave me now?" Naamah help me my heart so long of stone melted. I turned back to her and holding her to my chest I kissed her.

We spent that night together as people who have known each other all their lives, and indeed I still believe that, as Elua preached, "Love as thou wilt" so it is that love indeed is granted to those who seek it out. The next day I went with her to see her marque completed, and it was beautiful, of rose and thorn as it is said the Comtesse de Montreve had done, but with a tilt of gentleness that matched my darling's lovely spirit. My own marque, bearing depictions of war and weapons was a poor sight next to it, and I daresay that is how it should be.

When it was finished, I marveled at it and without thought I asked, "eshva no Valerian, will you consent to be my consort?" Her reply still to this day brings sunshine to my heart "It is for this, that Naamah blessed me My Lord". And so at the temple of Naamah we said our vows and afterwards prepared for the journey to Sansclair, purchasing traveling clothes and horses for us both, and taking her with me to the Smithy, as I had desire to again wear arms, for it seemed for the first time I had something to protect.

Here my new consort surprised me, asking in her soft voice if she might be allowed to have a pair of daggers such as noblemen, or Casseline might use. I smiled, not willing to deny her anything, and after some consernation the merchant indeed showed her sets of daggers, but I think that he believed it was a jest, as I did at least half. Needless to say we were both surprised to see her carefully testing the weight of each and flicking one up to catch it by the blade burying it a good two inches into the wood frame of the wall. I never did ask where she learned the skill, but I think she must have picked it up on her own while in Valerian house, where knives of all sorts are part of the accoutrement therein.

We had an uneventful journey, we talked and loved one another and it remains the happiest time of my life. We set out through Siovale intending to take ship up the coast to Sansclair. The ship was small but was not intended for long voyages, as this was not such. I never saw the storm coming, and I had lived on the sea in my youth, yet never such a fierce storm has blown I think. It was four days in passing and the three sailors on the ship were all blown overboard. On the fifth day, I knew not where we were, and could not get bearing by the stars that night, what's more the wind it seemed blew only in a westerly direction, and the currents also, and even if I could have rowed against them, our oars had long ago been blown overboard.

Eshva was a model of calm through it all, helping me as she may, and in her quiet way revealed the sterner stuff of which she was made. Ten days after we had left Siovale, it was she that spotted land.

"My Lord? What land is that?"
"Avallone" I breathed, for both in Scaldia and in Alba they speak of the lost continent to the west. So it is that we reached the city of Randol, in the land of Juno, the western part of Avallone, whom the men and creatures deemed mere fantasy in Terre d'Ange called Fey or Elves, called Iris, and also where we were caught up in the war brewing there...

Love is one of the most difficult things in life, and like all things difficult is the most valuable thing to have. Visit us at www.scionsofkushiel.com
Advertisement

swiftshadow666

Rank 3
swiftshadow666
PostedMar 27, 2007 11:19 pm
oh yes im gonna soooooooooooo enjoy this im starting my backstory right now until then take a look at this

http://lastchaos.aeriagames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9059

its not all about my character but she is in it and it does involve her a great deal so i figure y not start there while you wait for the rest right?? also since ur a writer tell me what u think of that and of my backstory which im gonna start now.

Gabryal

Rank 0
Gabryal
PostedMar 27, 2007 11:40 pm
Nicely done shadow very nicely done. You should write more. I've been meaning to do this backstory for a long time. It explains alot about Gabryal that some people who have fought with him know. He's very torn between the cruelty in his blood and the need to defend the weak. He's pragmatic and brave, yet not necessarily overly worried about his reputation. In his mind he works for the greater good. His patience is not something he's known for.

Love is one of the most difficult things in life, and like all things difficult is the most valuable thing to have. Visit us at www.scionsofkushiel.com

swiftshadow666

Rank 3
swiftshadow666
PostedMar 28, 2007 12:42 am
She was beautiful. The cries of the newborn baby echo'd through the night. The most beautiful thing the villagers had ever seen.
Serenity-rayne is what they called her. Her mother weeped for she knew this would be the only time she ever saw her daughter.

An army was headed towards the small village and she was too weak to be moved. She knew that she could not escape and asked her best friend kiya to take serenity and flee the village. Her husband would never see his daughter for he was already gone from the village. He was a gaurd and set out with the other gaurds to try to slow down the armies advance giving the villagers time to escape.

Tree's flew bye in a blur, low hanging branches and bushes fell to the blades one after another anything in her path quickly cut away. The edge of the forest grew closer, the cliff in which the forest rested came into site. Serenity quickly exited the forest and upon reaching the edge of the cliff dove over into the water below.

She often trained here in the forest high above her village. She loved to dive over the cliff into the pond below. She loved the feeling of falling through the air almost like flying, she loved to feel the water part as she plunged in and she loved to feel the warm air on her skin while she first broke the water after surfacing.

Fifteen years old and she was already a better rouge than the fourth class rouges. She started her training when she was fourteen and as all rouges do in the school she went to she started as a fifth class. At this school you have the chance to upgrade your class level every two years but you must pass a test. At this time she would have been able to make at least 3rd class.

At the age of 22 she gratuated from her school as first class rouge second only to a group of 3 sister rouges. On many occasions she fought the three sisters. she could hold her own against each seperately but could never win. When in a three on one match she couldnt even hold out for more than 5 minutes which is 4 minutes longer than every other student.

She stayed in the village untill one night when she was 23. She had been sent by kiya to the next village for some supplies that they were running short on. Upon returning she found the village destroyed and all the villagers dead except one student from the academy. She took the young rouge who was injured but alive to the village she just returned from. When she asked the student about what happened the student replied, "the sisters they did this".

That night serenity-rayne disappeared from the history books and chaosshadow was born. After that event chaosshadow traveled around as a mercenary rouge doing jobs to help people who needed help.

A few years after she started her mercanary work she started having visions. She foretold a battle between thesorcerer and a warrior known as thaldavies. This battle isnt the only thing that she saw happen. Many events were shown to her before they happened. Slowly the visions started to affect her, driving her closer and closer to madness not knowing what was causing them or why it was happening to her.

Currently her where abouts are unknown as told in the story linked in the above post.

TIME

Time is a complicated thing. People beleive it has no begining and goes on forever but is that possible?? Every thing has to have a begining and an end right?? No one really knows just like no one really knows anything about time itself.Some people believe there is only one time line that is ruled by destiny other believe there are multiple time lines but there is no possible way to truly know.

Fragmented and torn the walls of time, the walls that keep events seperate had started to become damaged. A rip somewhere in the time line, energy flowing out freely through one time line into another.

Bloodlines
And so the first was created. A new life concieved at the moment the and point where the time energy pierced this timeline. The resulting effect was an oracle, a human gifted with a unique ability to glimpse into the future. The visions cannot be controled however. The events that the oracle see's are caused by the wandering energy again passing through thier specific timeline. Since the first oracle the decendants have all been granted this ability. This is known to the oracles as THE BLOODLINE OF THE TIME WATCHERS.

swiftshadow666

Rank 3
swiftshadow666
PostedMar 28, 2007 12:46 am
now that i read it im kinda dissapointed with not the backstory but the way i wrote it lol oh well

if u want to see something else i wrote then here

http://anime-venom.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

its another last chaos story i like it but it could be better and mayeb someday finished lol its somewhere on the forums here but im not sure where so i just gave u the link the its location on my friends forum

blazer1991

Rank 4
blazer1991
PostedMar 28, 2007 8:21 am
Lol, I think you're both really good at this story writing buisness, keep it up. Wink

mannymanny

Rank 0
mannymanny
PostedMar 28, 2007 8:36 am
great storys, hopefully you write more Razz

if i was any help rate my karma- :) http://lastchaos.aeriagames.com/user/201474 click here to give me some of that lovely karma Killermage- always in c-2 and always willing to help

Gabryal

Rank 0
Gabryal
PostedMar 28, 2007 11:35 am
I actually had to cut mine short or it was going to be a book not a post, but if you are interested in some of the things I've wrote, not fiction in this case, you can check here. I may get around to doing some more Iris based fiction, I just wanted to give the story of Gabryal and eshva from Gabryal's eyes, I'm sure my little darling will probably chime in with the version from eshva's eyes one of these days.

Gabryal

Rank 0
Gabryal
PostedMar 29, 2007 4:03 pm
Bumping this, I want to see more stories, or better yet if a GM see's this can I get a sticky?

Haunted Vision

Rank 4
Haunted Vision
PostedMar 30, 2007 7:44 pm
Im gonna post here so I can find it later. It'll take me some time to think up a good backstory.

Username: Senithal Server: Serenity