boldpaste2

Rank 4
boldpaste2
PostedMar 09, 2011 6:06 pm   Last edited by boldpaste2 on May 29, 2013 11:32 am. Edited 38 times in total

Technical Issues Index

Revised - visit here before you post
Technical Issues Index

Hey guys, I realized this was horribly outdated so I made some revisions, let me know if I missed something.

Table of contents – Use Ctrl+F to search the thread

iii Known Bugs
A1 Downloading trouble
A2 Unable to Connect to Server
A3 Waiting Connection Error
A4 Frozen Match Loading Screen
A5 Apex Issues
A6 Font is to Small
A7 The Screen is White and I Cant See Gun Images
A8 Update Error
A9 I Run the Game but Nothing Happens
B1 Unexpected shutdowns
B2 General AP Issues (Recharging and Billing)
B3 Random Popup Messages & Error Codes
B4 BugTrap
B5 Compromised Account
B6 Improve Game Performance (hardware)
B7 Improve Game Performance (network)
B8 Violation of user agreement
B9 Parts of lobby is cut off

iii Known Bugs

• Channel 1 access bug
  • Burning is broken
  • VIP lounge bug (lounge disabled)
  • Pride deletion bug

A1 Downloading trouble

New players and current players will want to install wolfteam to play the game or to make possible repairs due to a crash or faulty patch. There are several common issues with the wolfteam download such as

- Remains at 0% download
- Already redirects you to a pre download version
-Compatibility issues

If you are a new player who has never used the downloader before, you should be able to get from 0 to 100 percent in 20 minuets (based on internet speed) If you are forced to redownload for some reason, you will notice it takes only 5 seconds to download. If you want to download it again you need to delete all of the wolfteam install paths (make sure you remove it from the control panel first.) The downloader should work again. If you are finding yourself still having problems you can try an alternate mirror at http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1435171 please not that these mirrors are not official so proceed with cation. the actual downloads are fine though.

A2 Unable to Connect to Server

Ok, you’ve just installed wolfteam and you are ready to start pulling your trigger and blowing peoples faces off. You select the channel you want and then all of a sudden, you get an error saying you cannot connect to the server. Or the T_10054

Well there are several things you may want to check when seeing this error.
-Are you connected to the Internet?
-Is it Thursday in the afternoon? Reason being is that there is server maintenance that day so all the servers go off line.
-Are you excited? If you are new you might click on a channel more then once or clicking a bunch of random channels. Doing this will cause you to receive the connection error. It usually takes up to 10 seconds to enter the game lobby. Maybe even longer depending on how busy the server is.
-Could be anti virus problem. See B-7

A3 Waiting Connection Error

If you are able to get into the lobby and are able to select a room to join you are good. Now this section talks about ms rates and what they mean. If you find yourself having trouble of joining a game, you could have a bad Person to Person connection. Wolfteam is a p2p game and the connection between players is an important factor of the game.

In the waiting portion of the room you will see and the letters ms with a number. If everyone’s number is white and below 100 but one guy has a red number and is above 300, you will not be able to join the match do to that high ms rate. But, If everyone’s number is red then “you” have a problem with your connection.

A4 Frozen Match Loading Screen

Ok, you pressed the start button and you see the match-loading screen. You wait, wait, and Finally you’ve just realized that the game is frozen. First, to get out of this, you will need to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out and shut the game down. Now to talk about how to fix that.

Wolfteam produces temporary files known as TMP files. These files are recognized as malware by anti-viruses. Don’t stop reading!!! This is what’s know as a false positive or a file mistakenly recognized as a virus. To fix this problem all you have to do is turn off your anti virus and make sure your firewall has wolfteam on its exception list. You can also add wolfteam to your anti virus exception list if it has that option. See B-7 for details.

If you are still having problems, your best resort is to reinstall the game.

A5 Apex Issues

None yet, If you are currently having a problem with Apex please contact me via message

Apex is an anti hacking program designed to keep bots, rogue files, and key loggers off your system.

A6 Font is to Small

I have seen this problem occurring a lot lately, lucky for you, there is absolutely wrong with the game.

All you need to do is change your resolution. If your lobby text are normal but matches text are small, you can adjust your default game size by pressing the gear Icon. But if the lobby text is small, you need to change the resolution threw your computer with windows display options or your graphics card setting. Also make good sure your graphics driver is up to date as well.

A7 The Screen is White and I Cant See Gun Images

A strange issue. This occurs when the game cant access its resources correctly.

The repair step is lengthy so bare with me
1.uninstall the game and download Ccleaner to repair any damaged registries.
2.download the game from Bigdownload see A-1
3.turn off your anti-virus
4.turn off your firewall
5.run threw the installation process and when you are prompted to designate an install path CHANGE IT.
6.once installed run the game and let the patches install.
7.close the game and turn back on the fire wall.
8. start the game normally

Also make sure your computer meets the system requirements of the game.

EDIT: degrading the driver has proven to work but you may want to try to reinstall the up to date driver first.

A8 Update Error

Occasionally, when you start the game you may get redirected to the sites main page with a message saying that your version is obsolete. Or a popup saying that it can’t retrieve sound.xfs or whatever. There is only one thing to do here, “reinstall the game” Wink

A9 I Run the Game but Nothing Happens

Right click wolfteam and click on properties and adjust all settings to my following settings. Once this has been done but nothing happens still, click the compatibility mode for and adjust it to xp service pack 2.

Also you can open the task manager and under the process tab, if you see wolfteam. All you have to do is wait a moment. If that doesn’t work, reinstallation may be needed.

B1 Unexpected shutdowns

I have only seen this once, if your computer shuts off randomly while playing wolfteam, it means your computer is getting to hot, for more up to date computers you may see an error called SMART in DOS when you reboot your computer. All this is telling you that your hard drive got to hot. To fix this problem, open your computer and clean it out. Install more fans if necessary and make sure the box is in a place where it can get a lot of airflow.

(this problem mostly occurs in laptops)

B2 General AP Issues (Recharging and Billing)

Ok, im going to just beat this problem with a stick. All you can do is send a message to the http://www.aeriagames.com/contact/billing

Also, If you buy AP on a Thursday, you will receive the s89 error and must wait 24 hours

B3 Random Popup Messages & Error Codes

List
- Hack detected (can be buggy at times, if you see this and you don’t hack, you have nothing to worry about)
- s89 AP Stall error
- T_10054 Connection error
- shop error code-901
- DB Error S254 clan search error (currently being worked on)
-S40 Item bug
-If you can think of any more error codes please let me know

B4 BugTrap

A new unpleasant feature implemented to the game. It is designed to catch any errors and send them straight to softynx. There is nothing you can do for this but, if bugtrap activates consistently, you may need to reinstall due to a corrupt file.

B5 Compromised Account

If you have been mislead into giving someone your password. You may be out of luck. If your account has been hacked due to a hack or breach into security you may get help at http://www.aeriagames.com/contact

B6 Improve Game Performance (hardware)

Need extra fps (frames per seconds)? The first thing to do is make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements of the game. Also Gamebooster is a must have feature. It temporally closes any background performances giving your computer more processing power for your game. http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Another good alternative to game booster is Gboost

Also, this is a trick I do and is totally optional, you can go into notepad and type mystring=(80000000) and save it as a .vbe, then run it. You may not notice anything other then your computer going faster. What this does is stop memory leaks and opens up reserves for you to use in your ram.

Another trick is going to Start > Right click computer > advance settings > Performance > Performance options and click the adjust for bet performance option.

B7 Improve Game Performance (network)

To improve your network, do the following

1.if your wireless, make sure you are close enough to your modem
2. close any IM service or internet browser
3. Disconnect devices such as Ipods from the network

B8 Violation of user agreement

The user agreement states what rights both you and service [Aeria] has. If you violated a portion of the intentionally, there will be consequences.

Ex. Hacking, account selling, etc.

If you have been mistakenly accused for violation due to a bug or human error. you can send an inquiry here. http://www.aeriagames.com/contact

B9 Parts of lobby is cut off

If you are trying to play on a very small screen like those on a netbook you will notice that parts of the lobby has been cut off. unfortunately there is no fix to this as the lobby is locked onto a set resolution so the only option would be to connect to a screen with a larger display.
Advertisement

Aura_T

Rank 2
Aura_T
PostedMar 16, 2011 3:05 pm
Great guide
Sticky request

StEeZeY

Rank 3
StEeZeY
PostedMar 16, 2011 3:25 pm
Aura_T wrote:

Sticky request  

+1 for that and great guide

OBLITERAPE

Rank 2
OBLITERAPE
PostedMar 16, 2011 3:36 pm
awesome post

sticky request and karma 4 u Smile

XRedThunderX

Rank 5
XRedThunderX
PostedMar 17, 2011 4:05 am
Is good guide, me ask someone if sticky possible.

Red.

GMDropkick

GameMaster: USA
GMDropkick
PostedMar 17, 2011 12:20 pm
*Stickied*

Good work!

ghostcannon

Rank 5
ghostcannon
PostedMar 17, 2011 2:19 pm
Awesome guide. Karma well deserved for you man!

boldpaste2

Rank 4
boldpaste2
PostedMar 17, 2011 2:51 pm
well I did say i was hit by every possible problem wolfteam has to throw at me xD

sgt.seris9

Rank 0
PostedMar 17, 2011 3:39 pm
thx.helped alot

SignUpAndDie

Rank 0
SignUpAndDie
PostedMar 18, 2011 2:18 pm
Basic stuff, glad you compilated them, +5 Karma Vote.
Anyways, thanks for adding the last error Smile Still waiting for GM answer.