tobi_dream

Rank 0
tobi_dream
PostedJun 23, 2012 12:12 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
tobi_dream wrote:
do these work if you cant download it because you have a 64-bit windows when you need a 32-bit? That is my problem~ and how are "mirrors" different from the actual download and what are "mirrors"? sorry, knida new at this and been trying to download this game for forever! xD Thank you ^^  

A mirror download is any download website other than the "official" source (in this case, the Aeria downloader program). These mirrors are out of date, so they will require a little extra time to patch when first installed, but that's the only difference. Grand Fantasia is compatible with both 64 and 32 bit windows (and, in fact, most 32 bit programs will run on 64 bit, as 32 bit emulation is part of the 64 bit OS)  

So after I download one fo these mirrors, I will be able to play the official Grand Fantasia game as if I downloaded the original donwloader? And if GF works on a 64-bit windows why wont mine work? everytime I try to download it it gives me this pop-up
http://tinypic.com/r/2qa0660/6

Thank you for the help ^^
Advertisement

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJun 23, 2012 10:06 pm
tobi_dream wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:
tobi_dream wrote:
do these work if you cant download it because you have a 64-bit windows when you need a 32-bit? That is my problem~ and how are "mirrors" different from the actual download and what are "mirrors"? sorry, knida new at this and been trying to download this game for forever! xD Thank you ^^  

A mirror download is any download website other than the "official" source (in this case, the Aeria downloader program). These mirrors are out of date, so they will require a little extra time to patch when first installed, but that's the only difference. Grand Fantasia is compatible with both 64 and 32 bit windows (and, in fact, most 32 bit programs will run on 64 bit, as 32 bit emulation is part of the 64 bit OS)  

So after I download one fo these mirrors, I will be able to play the official Grand Fantasia game as if I downloaded the original donwloader? And if GF works on a 64-bit windows why wont mine work? everytime I try to download it it gives me this pop-up
http://tinypic.com/r/2qa0660/6

Thank you for the help ^^  

I run Windows 7 64 bit and I can play GF fine Smile Make sure you are running windows as admin or, if using vista or windows 7, search in the start bar for "UAC", select it and turn it off (uncheck it in vista, slide the slider to the bottom in 7)

and yes, if you use the mirrors you will be able to play GF just fine, the only difference is a little more data needs to be patched, as the mirror downloads are a little outdated. Another plus side to the mirror downloads is they do not install Aeria Ignite, which is Aeria's launcher software (in it's current state, Aeria Ignite is causing a lot of people problems)

<center></center>

AeoruTsenza

Rank 0
AeoruTsenza
PostedJun 27, 2012 7:06 pm
Which one would you recommend most? (Lol, we meet again Surprised)

littleangeluke

Rank 0
littleangeluke
PostedJun 28, 2012 8:19 am
yeah none of these work for me.

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJun 29, 2012 1:55 am
littleangeluke wrote:
yeah none of these work for me.  

If none of the listen mirrors are working, I suggest using AKFrost's minimal client download, also listed on the original post. Smile

<center></center>

saphirewolfie

Rank 0
PostedJun 30, 2012 10:42 am
none of these work and im trying the minimal client download but how do you extract the objects from the file as i cant do this can you help please?

AeoruTsenza

Rank 0
AeoruTsenza
PostedJul 01, 2012 6:57 pm
Thanks a lot. I was able to download in SoftPedia, and played finely. But now I'd like to try out Eden Eternal, do you happen to have any mirrors for Eden Eternal?

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJul 04, 2012 1:42 pm
AeoruTsenza wrote:
Thanks a lot. I was able to download in SoftPedia, and played finely. But now I'd like to try out Eden Eternal, do you happen to have any mirrors for Eden Eternal?  

EE mirrors

<center></center>

limitboost

Rank 0
limitboost
PostedAug 20, 2012 7:24 pm
Thank goodness for this post. I got a new laptop today and forgot all about Ignite, since my old machine had GF well before Ignite became a part of the installer bundle. I noticed my speedy new laptop was lagging pretty badly and, surprise, it was Aeria Ignite. Tried removing it alone and it broke the launcher application.

So I'm glad these alternatives are here, I like having a working desktop launcher but Ignite doesn't do anything for me. Working on downloading from one of these mirrors, thanks a bunch for listing these up.

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedAug 22, 2012 6:55 am
limitboost wrote:
Thank goodness for this post. I got a new laptop today and forgot all about Ignite, since my old machine had GF well before Ignite became a part of the installer bundle. I noticed my speedy new laptop was lagging pretty badly and, surprise, it was Aeria Ignite. Tried removing it alone and it broke the launcher application.

So I'm glad these alternatives are here, I like having a working desktop launcher but Ignite doesn't do anything for me. Working on downloading from one of these mirrors, thanks a bunch for listing these up.  

As a suggestion, I recommend also uninstalling "Akamai Netsession" from your computer, too. this is the bandwidth stealing aspect of Ignite

<center></center>