mesmock

Rank 0
mesmock
bentonvlle ar home of walmart :D United States
PostedFeb 09, 2011 8:26 pm

fll screen error

Whenever i try to launch shaiya in full screen an error pops up that says FULL SCREEN ERROR!!!! how can i correct this?
Advertisement

CHOAM

Rank 5
CHOAM
PostedFeb 09, 2011 8:28 pm
Chances are you chose a resolution that is not supported by your display driver/hardware. To fix this, make sure you are choosing a supported resolution from the default lists, or set a custom resolution that is supported by your driver/hardware.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedFeb 10, 2011 3:42 pm
You can also get this error if you are running Windows 7.
Windows 7 doesn't come with DirectX9 installed and Shaiya will not run in full screen mode without it.

If that is the case, then your choices are to run in windowed mode, or to install DirectX9.

Disclaimer: I just run it in windowed mode so I can't confirm that installing DirectX9 will fix the problem.

RIP Kizzd

papagmr

Rank 0
PostedJan 08, 2013 4:54 pm

full screen error

game will not load
ya I get same error have direct x installed but still get error I am under the asumption that games will not play on windows 7 from this site as have tried different ones and still have playing problems could it be a 64 bit issue or is it just win 7? don't know and cannot get an answer from anyone

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedJan 08, 2013 6:28 pm
You need to make sure that your display options are set the same as the full screen game options so that you don't get the full screen error. This guide here can explain how to set a custom resolution for your game: http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?t=50913

You could also try to use a smaller resolution. It's not a Windows 7 64 bit issue as it just took adjusting and its the OS that I use currently.

Just an FYI: It's best advised to start a new topic than necroing a thread from at least 2 years ago. It's a bit frowned upon and could get one into trouble.

Good luck though resolving your issue.