ironman24682

Rank 1
ironman24682
PostedFeb 09, 2011 12:26 am   Last edited by ironman24682 on Feb 09, 2011 8:56 pm. Edited 3 times in total

Party Time!!

A fanfic of hilarious proportions!
So I’ve been thinking about writing a fan fic for a while now and I finally sat down and did it. To make things interesting I have altered the way some skills may work and what not so the skill usage mage not correctly represent the way it functions in-game. Anyways here we go with chapters 1 and 2 of my new story “Party Time!!”

Chapter 1: An encounter of the unwanted kind.

Looking up at the night sky the guard sipped his beer with pure satisfaction. Another easy night shift was just starting, he thanked his lucky sprites that he had spawned on channel five and at this late at night. Perhaps he’d get to enjoy the night and not have to worry about any players until morning.

Kicking back in his chair he raised the bottle to his lips again anticipating the rough flavor of his delectable beverage when instead he received the cold disgusting taste of dust and leaves. After spitting out the few remaining leaves that remained in his mouth he looked in the direction the sudden gust of wind came from. He didn’t expect to see a young dark skinned man who barely looked like an adult staring back at him with his arm still stretched out and a baffled look upon his face.

The heavy set guard quickly picked up his axe and charged at the man. “Too bad your attack missed player!” The young man snapped out of his surprise that his sandstorm attack missed and stepped back kneeling down to the ground on one leg. The guard who was now almost on top of the man shouted “That’s right accept defeat!” as he started to bring his axe down on the man. Focusing the man gathered all the energy he could muster and reeled his fist back.

“NATURE’S WRATH!” He screamed as he sent his fist flying into the ground. A mass of earth rose out of the ground that the guard was standing on. “WHAT THE-!” was all the young man heard as he watched the ground hurl the man over the fortress wall like a catapult. The guard looked on in sheer terror as he flew through the air and he could’ve sworn he saw the man wave him goodbye before the wall blocked his view as he fell.

He hit the ground hard. The guards stationed near where he landed quickly rushed over to him. Before he gave them a chance to speak he got up speaking only a single word: “Sage!” the other guards quickly grabbed their weapons and ran in the direction their comrade pointed.

“Well that didn’t go as planned…” The young sage muttered to himself as he dusted himself off. He looked at his right shoulder, just has he thought the guard’s axe had left a nasty cut before the ground catapulted him away. Slowing his breathing he let his left hand hover over the wound and prayed. He watched as the wound began to heal itself, when it looked to be normal again he moved his shoulder around to verify that it was fine.

After making sure that it was completely fine he walked over to the chair the guard was sitting on and looked around for any valuables the guard might’ve had. Finding nothing he picked up the now empty bottle that he’d flung out of the guard’s hand “Well I can at least get a sliver coin for recycling this…” He said under his breath as he placed it in his backpack.

“Well that was certainly amusing! ^^”

He jumped back turning his head vigorously from side to side in an effort to try to find out where the voice had come from.

“I’m right in front of you silly! :P”

The young man looked ahead of him and watched as a slim red headed woman clad in black with twin swords hanging at her belt appeared. An assassin. Her figure and mannerisms suggested she couldn’t have been more than 18 years old. With a playful grin on her face she eyed him up and down, “Nice gear you got there. Rare to see a sage geared for ranged combat, most prefer to get up close and-“she walked up into his personal space making him feel very uneasy. “Personal…” She finished. He backed away reestablishing space between them.

Raising an eyebrow and watching her carefully he responded, “It suits my style. It’s quick, efficient, and most of all unique.” Turning away he began to walk away from the strange woman, after a few steps he felt a tap on his shoulder. Before she could see his face he rolled his eyes then turned around to face her giving her a look most people would understand as “Get away from me.”

Oblivious to his body language she reached out a hand, “I’m Emberstorm!” Sighing under his breath he reached out his own hand and proceeded to shake hands with her. “I’m AshCat.” He replied. “Do you want some help fighting the guards?” She asked him. If he wasn’t annoyed by her he would’ve taken her up on her offer, however he decided against it. She’d probably spend more time talking than killing.

“No thanks, I’m going solo for now.” He said trying to make it clear that he just wanted to be left alone. “Are you suuuuuuuuure? :3” She asked again. “Quite.” The young man responded a he turned around and began walking away from her again. “Very poor decision! XD” She laughed as she vanished into thin air. Confused he turned around expecting to see her still standing there, instead he saw what looked like a battalion of guards running at him. Performing a massive facepalm he shook his head slowly “fantastic…”

Chapter 2: Insult to injury, and then some.

Had AshCat have noticed the mob of guards sooner he could’ve transformed into a bird and flown away. However he was too focused on trying to get away from Emberstorm to hear them coming. If he tried to transform now they were sure to catch him while he was performing the spell. Doing what and sane person would do in this situation he quickly turned around and ran. “Gah! Emberstorm, wait come back!” He shouted while running though the fortress alerting more guards which in turn joined the angry mob increasing its numbers.

“That doesn’t sound like an apology to me you were quite rude! :P” He heard her say next to him even though he couldn’t see her. “It is! It Is!” he stressed as he continued to run nearly falling over as he skidded into a 90 degree right turn heading toward the gates. “Ok but only if you promise to go out on a date with me! ^^” Emberstorm teased. No way in Hard was he going to agree with that. “Feh…” he exclaimed in disgust as he pulled a blue apple out of his pocket. He didn’t want to resort to this.

Taking a bite he felt his mind clear allowing him to focus faster, reducing the amount of time it would take for him to cast a spell. Leaping in the air as high as he could he felt like he could take flight and soar through the air to sweet freedom. He closed his eyes thinking only about escaping to freedom as fast as he could. When he opened them he had successfully turned into a bird. Calling upon the power of the wind he changed its direction to help him speed through the air towards the closing drop gates ahead. It was going to be a close call!

Ka-Thud.

He flew straight into the gate as it closed. His concentration broke and he was transformed back into a human as he slowly slid down the gate plopping down onto the ground. He would’ve laughed it off if he wasn’t in a life or death situation. The guards quickly surrounded him, standing up he looked at them dead in the eye. If he was going to die he would die fighting.

A shadow fell over them growing smaller rapidly. Before they could look up a flash of purple landed next to him. “Cast Sandstorm!” it commanded. Without even think or turning around to see what had appeared he did so. The being next to him reacted, “Fire Arrow!” it cried as it shot a blazing ray of fire into the mini-tornado. He started to turn to his left to see who this mysterious person was but before he could get a glance it leaped at him tackling him, bring them both to the ground.

He heard a mass of screams penetrate the air, struggling against the grip the person had on him he turned his head so he could see what was going on. The tornado was giving off a glow of bright orange and red, spewing out fireballs in all directions scorching the unfortunate guards to a crisp.

When the chaos subsided the being got off of him. As he stood up he saw Emberstorm appear out of nowhere. “Aww…c’mon Dev your no fun! >.<” Turning around he saw a woman who appeared to be slightly older than him looking at the remains of the devastation that occurred. Without looking at either of them she spoke in a slightly annoyed tone, “How many times have I told you to leave strangers alone Emberstorm?” “I couldn’t help it he’s so cute! :3” she responded as she ran over to AshCat and hugged him.

“I don’t care if he’s Johnny Depp, leave strangers alone.” The one Emberstorm called Dev responded as she teleported Emberstorm behind her and bound her boots to the ground with ice so she couldn’t move. “Aww…” Emberstorm pouted as she crossed her arms. Turning back to face the confused young man she explained, “I’m Devilish and this one here,” she gestured to with her staff lightly bonking the assassin on the head “Is my guildmate Emberstorm.” Taking in the beauty of the woman before him clothed in a dark purple elegant dress with a uniquely shaped tiara on her head complementing her dark purple hair and eyes he reached out his hand and introduced himself.

“Ah you’re a wizard, I’m AshCat.” Devilish simply reached out her staff for him to shake denying any chance he thought he might’ve had with her. Defeated but not giving up he accepted the absurd handshake. “I’ve heard of you,” Devilish replied. His heart rose, maybe he had a chance after all. She continued, “You that moronic fool who launched a guard over a wall into a group of other guards.” Maybe not as his heart sunk back down. He wondered how she knew at first then he put two and two together. She came from above so she must’ve been on top of one of the walls in the fortress.

Seeing the gears turn in his head she commented with a smile. “Well it seems you have some intelligence.” She extended her hand to him, “I ought to congratulate you at least.” Baffled he replied “Umm…why?” She smiled and explained, “Because you just found yourself a guild.” Frowning back at her he declined “No thanks.” As he turned around to walk away. “You act like you have a choice.” Devilish coldly told him as she snapped her fingers and magical shackles binded him. “I need one more recruit to fill my quota for the month and I’m tired of looking.” She explained in a cold matter-of-fact tone.

“You can’t do this!”

“I believe I just did.”

“I’ll report you!”

“I’ve already filled out a report saying that you refused to pay when we gave you our help, all I have to do is click send.”

“I never asked for help!”

“That’s odd the report says you did and that you said you’d give 5,000 gold to whoever helped you.”

“That’s a lie! I don’t even have 5,000 gold!”

“Screenshots don’t lie.”

“What?!”

“Photoshop is wonderful isn’t it?”

“Ha! I got a screenshot of you saying that as proof of you trying to con me!”

“Seems kinda useless against a second report I have ready accusing me of using some program called “Photoshop”, what is Photoshop anyways?”

“Ughhhh…fine. I’ll join your guild…” he said disappointed in how this beautiful woman he underestimated just made him her puppet in a matter of minutes. “I knew you were smart.” Devilish teased as she walked over to him and gave him a light kiss on the forehead. With a snap of her fingers she freed Emberstorm from where she was standing and instructed her to pick up the chains and drag him back to their guild base.

Happy to be near him Emberstorm obeyed and begun to drag AshCat, humming while she did so. AshCat glared as Devilish as he was dragged past her. Devilish just smiled and looked up at the night sky,

“Beautiful night isn’t it?”
Advertisement

Rakusen

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Rakusen
PostedFeb 09, 2011 5:00 pm
Nice story, even though I would recommend shifting around your structure a bit so we don't see a wall of text.

Contact Us~Don't be afraid to ask for help~Terms of Service~

ironman24682

Rank 1
ironman24682
PostedFeb 09, 2011 7:01 pm
Sorry about that I didn't think the wall of text was that bad, I added some more spacing in it so it should be a bit more readable now. Thanks for the input, feel free to post any other criticism you might have so I can continue to improve upon it.

Rakusen

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Rakusen
PostedFeb 09, 2011 8:26 pm
Try using indents at the beginnings of your paragraphs. It might help people that are more grammar-impulsive than normal.

Contact Us~Don't be afraid to ask for help~Terms of Service~

ironman24682

Rank 1
ironman24682
PostedFeb 09, 2011 8:57 pm
I would but when I tried to edit them in it automatically removes the spaces. :x