hogrider6565

Rank 0
PostedJan 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Failed Udpate

extraction failedc12
Need help. Updater failed after wednesday night maintenance. Getting error *extraction failed c12* . Have tried downloading with firewall disabled and using AVGAnti-virus free edition 2011 also disabled while trying to update. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks
Advertisement

Vafx

Rank 3
Vafx
PostedJan 20, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: Failed Udpate

extraction failedc12
hogrider6565 wrote:
Need help. Updater failed after wednesday night maintenance. Getting error *extraction failed c12* . Have tried downloading with firewall disabled and using AVGAnti-virus free edition 2011 also disabled while trying to update. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks  

You re-downloaded and re-installed the game and you're still getting the same error?
Tell me, what does your "Version.ini" file say in it, open it in a text editor.

hogrider6565

Rank 0
PostedJan 21, 2011 5:20 pm

extraction failedc12
Vafx wrote:
hogrider6565 wrote:

You re-downloaded and re-installed the game and you're still getting the same error?

Here it is.
[Version]
CheckVersion=3
CurrentVersion=122
StartUpdate=EXTRACT_START

BTW, I am using XP on my desktop which is the computer that is not working. And i did do a complete uninstall and tried to reload the game. My laptop is working fine I am using Windows 7 and using AVG Antivirus 2011 on it also.

Vafx

Rank 3
Vafx
PostedJan 21, 2011 5:24 pm

extraction failedc12
hogrider6565 wrote:
Vafx wrote:
hogrider6565 wrote:

Here it is.
[Version]
CheckVersion=3
CurrentVersion=122

BTW, I am using XP on my desktop which is the computer that is not working. And i did do a complete uninstall and tried to reload the game. My laptop is working fine I am using Windows 7 and using AVG Antivirus 2011 on it also.  

Here's what I'm guessing happened. At some point you closed your updater mid-update, and it didn't finish extracting a patch.
The line "StartUpdate=EXTRACT_START" should read "StartUpdate=UPDATE_END". Try changing it to that and running the updater again.

hogrider6565

Rank 0
PostedJan 27, 2011 4:13 pm

extraction failedc12
Thanks Vafx...It didnt do the trick but it got me on the right path. It started me off at patch version 122. I had to go thru 122- 140 patch updates and it finally came up. Been busy with work and real life so didn't get a chance to do the process until today. Mucho Gracias Very Happy

Vafx wrote:
hogrider6565 wrote:
Vafx wrote:
hogrider6565 wrote:

Here it is.
[Version]
CheckVersion=3
CurrentVersion=122

Here's what I'm guessing happened. At some point you closed your updater mid-update, and it didn't finish extracting a patch.
The line "StartUpdate=EXTRACT_START" should read "StartUpdate=UPDATE_END". Try changing it to that and running the updater again.  

Rumpelstilskin

Rank 0
PostedNov 01, 2012 2:44 pm
I have the same error problem and it doesn t work. I tried what u guys said and it still didn t work. I re installed the game few times as administrator and still nothing Sad.

Can any1 help me with it ?

Ty vm

draakske

Rank 0
draakske
PostedNov 12, 2012 9:50 pm
Same here. First time i ever had this problem. Showed up when i got home from work today.

steve_xbox360

Rank 0
PostedNov 20, 2012 11:27 pm

same here

im having the same problem*i wrote to the company to see what they can say about how to fix it.....

tigrutar

Rank 0
tigrutar
PostedJul 13, 2013 9:16 am

extraction failedc12
hogrider6565 wrote:
Thanks Vafx...It didnt do the trick but it got me on the right path. It started me off at patch version 122. I had to go thru 122- 140 patch updates and it finally came up. Been busy with work and real life so didn't get a chance to do the process until today. Mucho Gracias Very Happy

Vafx wrote:
hogrider6565 wrote:
Vafx wrote:
hogrider6565 wrote:

Here it is.
[Version]
CheckVersion=3
CurrentVersion=122

This doesn't work....I'm having the same problem...he never said what he did to fix it, only that it got him on the right path. Not too helpful. -_-

tigrutar

Rank 0
tigrutar
PostedJul 18, 2013 7:42 pm
By the way, I got it to work. Basically I went into that version file and tried to rig it to skip the one it was on (199). I just changed it to 200 and it worked fine. I guess 199 wasn't needed or was overwritten because it's not causing any problems.