neptune2120

Rank 0
neptune2120
PostedJan 18, 2011 12:15 am
Thanks for the heads up! I tried Runes when it first came out, but it kept not allowing me to login so I left it.
Advertisement

djashes

Rank 5.1
djashes
PostedJan 18, 2011 1:00 am
Never seen it before. o.o

Thanks!

shmahadle

Rank 3
shmahadle
PostedJan 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: testing forum in IE9 latest version

testing Ie 9
axelrv wrote:
this is a test to make sure IE 9 is compatible with this site or viceversa Smile  

HE'S THE HAXOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111one

Quit. Deleted my toons. PSN is shmahadle.

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedJan 18, 2011 7:21 pm
ROM is one of the many titles under my belt, so thanks for the heads up Superman, good job looking out for the community.......that shows Aeria's compassion for its community*I highly doubt other companies would do the same should Aeria ever get hit with such an attack, (knock on wood)

:/ releasing over 2.5 million players account information........that....is a felony lol

(singsongs) Someones going to jaaaiiilllll.... Razz

kesun

Rank 3
kesun
PostedJan 18, 2011 7:53 pm
Lawl, I can actually see that happening to Aeria one day - it's not impossible, and all just a matter of time. Plus, hacking is an acquirable skill. Depending on how well you can understand the concept and how imaginative you are, one can pick up hacking fast or slow. So the bottom line is, when you tick off the right individuals at the right time, they'll do whatever it takes to sink you to the bottom for revenge - the volcanoes will definitely explode.

What? I'm sure there are plenty of reverse-engineering geniuses around here under the hood of Aeria community anyways. Just speaking the obvious~

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedJan 18, 2011 8:03 pm
well aeria has already been DDOS'ed (3 times now I believe), so its believable that this could happen in the future or even that attempts have been made already.

realityvldr

Rank 0
realityvldr
PostedJan 20, 2011 3:57 am
Cpt.Z3r0? LOOOL'd, I've spoken to him a few times, personally he's not a bad guy but still, lulz xD

marksteele wrote:
well aeria has already been DDOS'ed (3 times now I believe), so its believable that this could happen in the future or even that attempts have been made already.  

Highest DDoS attack I've ever seen was about over 2gig per second, that would just shut it down right away ^_^

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedJan 20, 2011 7:18 am
A DDOS Attack only takes a handful of people to accomplish, or if you have your own computer lab at your disposal........

However such things can land you in jail, as we previously saw with several users who were caught participating in the attacks started by the activist group "Anonymous Operation-payback"

And I was monitoring the chat activity from that group, on November 5th, approximately midnight my time for about 3 hours, Aeria experienced a DDOS attack.....either "side-traffic" on the networks from a launched attack by the group OP (as one was called out at approximately that same hour against Warner Brothers Studios and VISA; WB being in the same network region of the US)......or if someone initiated a direct assault on AG&E's servers (that I am not sure of)......

However, I have noticed in the course of 3 years AG&E has experienced DDOS attacks on November the 5th, of each year, resulting in at minimum 3-5 hours downtime.

..Such things are illegal in the US under Cyber Terrorism laws

However never to fear, although such instances, including account database hacking have occurred in the past, AG&E made very swift calculated movements to strengthen our security here in the community, and I have every bit of faith in their protection over us all.

Are we immune to cyber attacks? Certainly not, no system really is, but we are definitely in safe well capable hands, and I hold no skepticism in AG&E Resolve.

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedJan 20, 2011 7:44 am
nether do I ofc, but I was posting the possibly in response to the post above mine.

andaro

Rank 5.1
andaro
PostedJan 20, 2011 7:51 am
Will AG&E experience another DDOS Attack?......I hope not......

But the pattern from 3 years now holds out, I'll wager five bucks says it happens again on the 5th of November of 2011.....something tells me someone has a "Vendetta" fetish

"Remember Remember the 5th of Novemeber".......now coined by all cyber attack junkies around the world.