Author Message

Dagamer01

Rank 2
Dagamer01
Joined
13 Jul 2007
Posts
798
Location
United States
PostedJan 17, 2011 10:52 am
Thats video sounds like a thread. A serious crime. Im sure he'll be arrested once caught.

But, yes, his points a valid but his actions completely uncalled for. His actions take away all credibility he may have had. I'd side with frogster over him any day. I simply hate hackers/scammer. They are worse then the publishing company that is trying to rake in the money. Even if a publishing company is raking in money, its all out in the open for the most part. Any sensible player can easily see that. And more importantly, publishing companies do it legally.

It might be harsh but i feel all hackers/scammers should be hanged till death maybe something even worse.

Advertisement

ghost105

Rank 3
ghost105
Joined
19 Nov 2009
Posts
1304
Location
Left Aeria, Romania
PostedJan 17, 2011 11:28 am
Dagamer01 wrote:

It might be harsh but i feel all hackers/scammers should be hanged till death maybe something even worse.  

Isn't your method harsh.There are certified hackers(Technology Security Analysts), who do this kind of thing for living, to discover vulnerable exploits to improve the security of the system.
He will learn his time behind bars, and he will think about what he did.

Definition of an Upgrade: Ignore old bugs, put new ones in.<br> Moved Back To HTS.

Dagamer01

Rank 2
Dagamer01
Joined
13 Jul 2007
Posts
798
Location
United States
PostedJan 17, 2011 12:20 pm
ghost105 wrote:
Dagamer01 wrote:

It might be harsh but i feel all hackers/scammers should be hanged till death maybe something even worse.  

Isn't your method harsh.There are certified hackers(Technology Security Analysts), who do this kind of thing for living, to discover vulnerable exploits to improve the security of the system.
He will learn his time behind bars, and he will think about what he did.  


those who do this for a living do it on the companies payroll. As in they dont actually destroy anything. They help the company fix it.
Yea my method is harsh xD. I did say "it might be harsh..."My point is i have no respect for hackers/scammers. The ones that do it out of ill intentions.

DWBetaKey

Rank 0
Joined
05 Oct 2010
Posts
37
Location
United States
PostedJan 17, 2011 2:46 pm
Funny that this occurred so close to Martin Luther King day Razz. I just wish there was a way that the hacker could have brought the company's flaws into the forefront without potentially harming so many people, but this should surely serve as a wake up call to companies like Frogster and others. You can only get away with poor customer service for so long. There was a time when this sort of thing would have been praised, before entire cultures started becoming streamlined to become mindless drones of the government.

There was once a strike by miners in the U.S that almost brought the entire nation to its knees because the workers were being mistreated. It was up to the president at the time, Theodore Roosevelt, to step in and, in an interesting turn of events, side with the miners! They were given most of their demands and currently, this is viewed as a breakthrough in worker-employer relations. The workers actually had a right to demand something! Praise-worthy? Quite.

There was a time in America when African Americans were, by *law* not allowed to do things such as ride in the front of the bus when a white passenger wanted that seat. Rosa Parks is hailed as a modern-day heroine for refusing to give up her seat and in effect, breaking the law.

While those examples are obviously more related to more real-world issues, they do draw some interesting parallels. In particular, I think there is something that people can learn by analyzing the miner strike example and comparing it to this situation with Frogster.

jeirhart

Rank 4
jeirhart
Joined
29 Dec 2006
Posts
1632
Location
Elkton United States
PostedJan 17, 2011 3:27 pm
Metalsnake27 wrote:
Looks like Anonymous strikes again....  


"Anonymous" is not attacking Frogster. A lone hacker with maybe a partner or two is. No one is truly anonymous and no one is part of a group called anonymous because said group does not exist. Its simply a general term used to name anyone who has yet to be identified publicly. Simply being regular visitor to SA or the Chans does not make someone a member of some group nor do all visitors act the same way. Any person who claims to be a member is a foolish idiot looking for media attention and anyone saying that a group is calling themselves "anonymous" does not understand what this means.

DWBetaKey wrote:
There was a time when this sort of thing would have been praised, before entire cultures started becoming streamlined to become mindless drones of the government.

There was once a strike by miners in the U.S that almost brought the entire nation to its knees because the workers were being mistreated. It was up to the president at the time, Theodore Roosevelt, to step in and, in an interesting turn of events, side with the miners! They were given most of their demands and currently, this is viewed as a breakthrough in worker-employer relations. The workers actually had a right to demand something! Praise-worthy? Quite.

There was a time in America when African Americans were, by *law* not allowed to do things such as ride in the front of the bus when a white passenger wanted that seat. Rosa Parks is hailed as a modern-day heroine for refusing to give up her seat and in effect, breaking the law.

While those examples are obviously more related to more real-world issues, they do draw some interesting parallels. In particular, I think there is something that people can learn by analyzing the miner strike example and comparing it to this situation with Frogster.  


There are no parallels between an attack like this and the noble acts of Rosa Parks and other civil rights activists. There is no parallels between this hacking and the struggle of miners to achieve decent pay and healthy working conditions. These are in no way at all similar. To say so demeans the work of those people and gives undue respect to work of a hacker.

Miners desperately trying to make sure they can afford to feed their families and not die of black lung are not the same in anyway as a single angry hacker who didn't like how a company was running and decided to leak the private information of the players.

African Americans peacefully trying to achieve basic human rights and respect as human beings are not the same as moronic hacker who brings a company down by threats and attacks against the very people he claims to support.

blueskyboi91

Rank 5
blueskyboi91
Joined
23 Feb 2008
Posts
3962
Location
Superman Cave Vietnam
PostedJan 17, 2011 3:31 pm
what in the world... Shocked

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
Joined
17 Aug 2009
Posts
7366
Location
Los Angeles United States
PostedJan 17, 2011 4:16 pm
Dang, that sucks.
I heard that game is quite popular x.x;;;


Thanks for the heads up.

Flyingbox

Rank 4
Flyingbox
Joined
05 Dec 2008
Posts
2792
Location
Drummonds, United States
PostedJan 17, 2011 6:39 pm
This person is not someone from /b/. They are posing as a member of Anonymous.
You can't simply just say "I am anonymous".
He is not a "member".

Besides, they don't attack game services. They are more political.
He even said the motto wrong.

ittoujuu

Aeria: Admin
ittoujuu
Joined
13 Feb 2008
Posts
1358
Location
San Jose United States
PostedJan 17, 2011 8:03 pm
I see you guys....playin' games from people other than us. For shame, friends, for shame. Is there not enough love in this big house for all y'all? Razz

Dagamer01

Rank 2
Dagamer01
Joined
13 Jul 2007
Posts
798
Location
United States
PostedJan 17, 2011 8:54 pm
ittoujuu wrote:
I see you guys....playin' games from people other than us. For shame, friends, for shame. Is there not enough love in this big house for all y'all? Razz  


TBH, currently no. If you'd like to know why, you should come check out Legendary Champions. Talk to anyone of the players in that game and you'll get your answer.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: