ghost105

Rank 3
ghost105
PostedJan 16, 2011 3:46 am
The way aeria treats his costemers, there is a saying:
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Winston Churchill is also credited with the variation:
"Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it"

The best thing now that company can do is to change the database password, lock all accounts, send an mass email with the password reset, and revamp their site(by the website they got the account data), and another thing this guy is an amateur, never hack from your PC, hack a low security server then hack remotely from there, never post on youtube videos, because every account has its ip saved in youtube database(most use the old mail system, its very efficient).

Once he committed this crime he will serve some time because hacking its an international crime no matter from where he is, once the feds are involved (they are involved if the loss of the company is over 10000$ at least) he will get cought.
Advertisement

OneWingedAngel_

Rank 3
OneWingedAngel_
PostedJan 16, 2011 4:16 am
I think Superman account got hacked, He spelled Compromised wrong in the title.

scotty1121

Rank 3
PostedJan 16, 2011 4:43 am
I believe an important lesson can be learned from this, make sure your databases and assets are all secure, make sure you get an expert in to try and infiltrate your company. This is just the work of script kiddies who want to "go down in history" for something or another.

</embed>

Brennanpwns

Rank 2
Brennanpwns
PostedJan 16, 2011 4:44 am
ghost105 wrote:
Sorry could not edit so i made another post:
The best thing now that company can do is to change the database password, lock all accounts, send an mass email with the password reset, and revamp their site(by the website they got the account data), and another thing this guy is an amateur, never hack from your PC, hack a low security server then hack remotely from there, never post on youtube videos, because every account has its ip saved in youtube database(most use the old mail system, its very efficient).

Once he committed this crime he will serve some time because hacking its an international crime no matter from where he is, once the feds are involved (they are involved if the loss of the company is over 10000$ at least) he will get cought.  

He could be using another persons computer or bouncing it off,but when he's found ooooo he's gonna get it lol.But what gave me the chills was when he said "we".Maybe he has....help....Smile

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedJan 16, 2011 4:47 am
Brennanpwns wrote:
ghost105 wrote:

He could be using another persons computer or bouncing it off,but when he's found ooooo he's gonna get it lol.But what gave me the chills was when he said "we".Maybe he has....help....Smile  

the hacker (in his youtube video) was posting as anonymous. anonymous is a collective. ([url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous_(group)]wikipedia article on anonymous[/url])

<center></center>

AworldOfChaos

Rank 3
AworldOfChaos
PostedJan 16, 2011 5:50 am
They should try and improve their security then hire the hacker since he knows how to infiltrate their database and then he can show them how to make it better

Its been done before xD

NShaddow15

Rank 2
NShaddow15
PostedJan 16, 2011 6:24 am
Obliviously someone from /b/... But I would say this should be a lesson to all hosts of games. They need to stop acting like they are better then us just because we play their games. I think we all remember the day of each year when 4chan brings the internet down to its knees...

"remember remember the 5th of november"

You Have been killed. I win

ErinYee

Rank 2
ErinYee
PostedJan 16, 2011 6:34 am
It's actually quite interesting how some people are willing to go so far just for a game.
Usually when people are unhappy with the service, they just go "meh" and move on.

They probably know that they're committing a crime.. yet it looks like as if they don't care about it and do whatever they think is "right".
I don't approve this way of handling, but it sure wakes everyone up in the gaming industry. And I suppose that's a good thing.

I honestly hope that hosters/developers will listen to their players more often.
Some players might suggest something ridiculous (usually asking for free things or uber gear), but most of them really have some great ideas and suggestions to actually improve the game.

Thank you Superman for making us aware of this ... fiasco. x]

tako54

Rank 3
tako54
PostedJan 16, 2011 7:09 am
*changes password* no i dont even play that game XD

Tidus by Gibbon Auron by JP Fatality by Guitarzlover BioShock by Snowy Bloody iTako by Boldpaste Magical Search Function

ghost105

Rank 3
ghost105
PostedJan 16, 2011 7:16 am
Brennanpwns wrote:
ghost105 wrote:

If he used an friends pc then the feds will go to his friends and i think his friend will turn him in, even if he used some public proxy's every data connection is stored in their database.
On Topic:
The only way to get information from an database, is interrogating the database with sql queries, and the most vulnerable place is the website who already have access to the the database (its like an backdoor), most of them inserted an sql injection in the website.

Again Item Mall(the web based one) is another vulnerable place where people can interrogate the database with sql injection.

The best method to fix this is making it client-server based (no information about the database or access they are all on the server) the client only communicates to the server with messages(not sql scripts or something else).

Definition of an Upgrade: Ignore old bugs, put new ones in.<br> Moved Back To HTS.