Author Message

forumweasel

Rank 0
Joined
05 Jan 2011
Posts
6
Location
United States
PostedJan 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Issues and Concerns for Shaiyans :)

AP and banning
I, and many of my fellow shaiyans, have had a few questions and concerns that i feel would be best stated in open forums instead of just nagged about in game.

1st: Why is it bannable to plvl yourself? I mean really? If you have more than one account and more than one computer then why not? I'd think that Aeria Games would be happy that many accounts are being used because it would mean people are buying more AP.

2nd: Account sharing... why oh why is this bannable? Especially in instances where a family member or someone in the same household is on your account. This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. If i want to take the chance on giving someone else my account information then i think thats the risk i should be able to take. If someone steals my gear or items then its my fault.

3rd: Whats the deal with this gold bar tax? We have a limit on how much gold we can carry but we have to pay to get gold bars? Thats just not right. Can the limit on how much we can carry be raised? or can we get rid of that tax please? It doesnt work well as a gold sink because the people that have the most gold dont care and those of us with little cant really afford to lose the gold we lose because of it. It makes it harder on those that have little and doesnt really affect those that have a lot. This makes the game even more biased than it already is.

4th: There have been a lot of ideas on things to use as gold sinks, how about using one that will almost certainly work. Make a merchant that sells some basic items that many shaiyans need: Resurrection Runes, EXP stones, Blue Dragon Charms, etc. These basic items, if available by merchants would make it possible for those that have little to enjoy the game again and would cut the feet out from under the resellers that drive prices through the roof for them. Aeria Games might see a slight lowering of AP for those items but would see a greater increase in players which means more potential for people that would buy AP for other items such as OPs, high end gear, nosses, etc.

These are just a few items i felt should be raised. If anyone else wants to add anything please feel free to share your opinions. I dont know if they'll delete this post or not. ^_^
Advertisement

gummi_slave

Rank 0
Joined
03 Apr 2009
Posts
16
Location
Taiwan
PostedJan 05, 2011 7:29 pm
Knowing Aeria they will probally delete, they constantly claim they value customer feedback but how often do they really listen?

Alot of Great Ideas and points there however they would loosen the communistic hold Aeria has on the game, and they won't consider ever losing 1 cent in AP now regardless of whether it is better for their future. Aerias outlook on things will be well we'll we might lose some now but more will come that we can milk dry, plus to the ones they lose they can always send out their wonderful emails offering measly amount of AP in a bribe to get them back.

Farming for weeks on end to get 1 or 2 drops when your already maxed lvl? Game inflation = $1000's to halfway compete? Ban after Ban after Ban without ever showing a single proof of their accusations? They expect this to incourage newcomers?

* side note hehe ... Play the LOOT WHEEL, I have to laugh at free spin , no matter what you payed 99 AP for that spin.... lol so not Free... Atleast rename it to Spin Again,,, honestly Aeria uses that word FREE way to losely.

I guess Bottom Line is we are addicted, insane enough to pay those prices and keep playing, put up with the bans, lag, bad events etc... Aeria knows this therefore they continue to do what they want , when they want, how they want. WE either have to deal with it or not play I guess.

Anyways Great post.

forumweasel

Rank 0
Joined
05 Jan 2011
Posts
6
Location
United States
PostedJan 05, 2011 7:39 pm
If we look at it reasonably there are many options available. Banning players and making them start over will eventually eliminate the players which cuts AP spending and AGE's profit margin tremendously. As for gold sinks, the merchant i mentioned wouldnt even have to be in the auction house or capital city. It could be made available in guild houses with a rank of say 14 or higher such as the blacksmith is. This makes the items much more available without causing much if any initial loss to AGE but making it a long term gold sink and much better for overall profit.

Weelildragon

Rank 4
Weelildragon
Joined
26 Jul 2008
Posts
1692
Location
Leeuwarden Netherlands
PostedJan 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Re: Issues and Concerns for Shaiyans :)

AP and banning
forumweasel wrote:
I, and many of my fellow shaiyans, have had a few questions and concerns that i feel would be best stated in open forums instead of just nagged about in game.

1st: Why is it bannable to plvl yourself? I mean really? If you have more than one account and more than one computer then why not? I'd think that Aeria Games would be happy that many accounts are being used because it would mean people are buying more AP.  

They said it stimulated too much loner behaviour.
As well as antisocial behaviour. (people grinding themselves in a dungeon taking the mobs from the real grinders)

But yeh.. I do agree BS rule.

 
2nd: Account sharing... why oh why is this bannable? Especially in instances where a family member or someone in the same household is on your account. This makes absolutely no sense to me at all. If i want to take the chance on giving someone else my account information then i think thats the risk i should be able to take. If someone steals my gear or items then its my fault.  

That one is just rule.
You can gain a large advantage from this. Though Im going to leave it at that. Don't want to give ppl any ideas.
And not allowing family/household members to share... well you have to draw the line somewhere.


 
3rd: Whats the deal with this gold bar tax? We have a limit on how much gold we can carry but we have to pay to get gold bars? Thats just not right. Can the limit on how much we can carry be raised? or can we get rid of that tax please? It doesnt work well as a gold sink because the people that have the most gold dont care and those of us with little cant really afford to lose the gold we lose because of it. It makes it harder on those that have little and doesnt really affect those that have a lot. This makes the game even more biased than it already is.  

Not an idea of the GM's. Players thought of that one.


 
4th: There have been a lot of ideas on things to use as gold sinks, how about using one that will almost certainly work. Make a merchant that sells some basic items that many shaiyans need: Resurrection Runes, EXP stones, Blue Dragon Charms, etc. These basic items, if available by merchants would make it possible for those that have little to enjoy the game again and would cut the feet out from under the resellers that drive prices through the roof for them. Aeria Games might see a slight lowering of AP for those items but would see a greater increase in players which means more potential for people that would buy AP for other items such as OPs, high end gear, nosses, etc.

These are just a few items i felt should be raised. If anyone else wants to add anything please feel free to share your opinions. I dont know if they'll delete this post or not. ^_^  

They actually had something like that. Don't know what happened to it. They used to have a Rec rune merchant in AH selling rec runes for slightly above AH price.
(Which was 19m at the time {or was it 9m} anyhow, I can't believe it was that low. But then ppl started gold duping...)

Zekiirah

Rank 4
Zekiirah
Joined
30 May 2008
Posts
2262
Location
Los Angeles United States
PostedJan 05, 2011 7:46 pm
'Tis a good idea to not make the same topic in two different forum areas.

As mentioned by Weelildragon, the gold bar tax was indeed an idea by the player's, and thus, with enough support, was implemented. Account sharing and dual boxing is considered a great advantage to the person/s doing so. One could debate that XP stones and Blue Dragon Charms are not necessary - They are a luxury. It is quite possible to grind without them, and many do so.

Also, how would AGE figure that more AP was being bought because people are Plvling themselves? There are many, many accounts that exist for Shaiya, several of which are for the same users. There are many, many accounts that exist in Shaiya that have never bought a lick of AP - They outnumber the AP buyers by a large margin and always have.

fuNkt1on

Rank 1
fuNkt1on
Joined
12 Aug 2008
Posts
395
Location
Leeds United States
PostedJan 05, 2011 7:50 pm
Well a few of these are kind of misguided
1 Its not fully bannable u can dual box just not in pvp maps
2 U can acc share with ppl in same home i.e siblings, spouses
3 The tax was purely player implemented.

forumweasel

Rank 0
Joined
05 Jan 2011
Posts
6
Location
United States
PostedJan 05, 2011 7:50 pm
Zekiirah wrote:
Also, how would AGE figure that more AP was being bought because people are Plvling themselves? There are many, many accounts that exist for Shaiya, several of which are for the same users. There are many, many accounts that exist in Shaiya that have never bought a lick of AP - They outnumber the AP buyers by a large margin and always have.  


Most people that would have the capability of plvling themselves if it were available are the same ones that generally buy AP and want the items such as EXP stones, Charms, etc. If they have more toons then they are going to be buying more of those items as well as the general maintenance items such as PIDs, PEDs, EEs, Contis, etc. that are necessary for most players in many situations.

forumweasel

Rank 0
Joined
05 Jan 2011
Posts
6
Location
United States
PostedJan 05, 2011 7:54 pm
fuNkt1on wrote:
Well a few of these are kind of misguided
1 Its not fully bannable u can dual box just not in pvp maps
2 U can acc share with ppl in same home i.e siblings, spouses
3 The tax was purely player implemented.  


you can dual box if u are not plvling urself and if u are not in the pvp maps ( map 5 is the exception to the pvp map rule ) dual boxing to plvl urself is the main issue.

i personally know someone that was account banned because his wife was on his account even though she didnt have his info but was on the toon. AGE told him he couldnt have the account back bc its still account sharing.

Zekiirah

Rank 4
Zekiirah
Joined
30 May 2008
Posts
2262
Location
Los Angeles United States
PostedJan 05, 2011 8:00 pm
forumweasel wrote:
Zekiirah wrote:
Also, how would AGE figure that more AP was being bought because people are Plvling themselves? There are many, many accounts that exist for Shaiya, several of which are for the same users. There are many, many accounts that exist in Shaiya that have never bought a lick of AP - They outnumber the AP buyers by a large margin and always have.  


Most people that would have the capability of plvling themselves if it were available are the same ones that generally buy AP and want the items such as EXP stones, Charms, etc. If they have more toons then they are going to be buying more of those items as well as the general maintenance items such as PIDs, PEDs, EEs, Contis, etc. that are necessary for most players in many situations.  


I disagree. There are several high-end guild players across the servers who do not buy AP - They are quite able to farm easily and hard, and they are the ones you would assume would spend mounds of AP to level up the many toons that generally come forth. Considering they are the top guilds, they make up a considerable amount of the population in any given server, too. They purchase AP items in-game, which in turn does its part in paying Aeria.

As for capability - Even someone in Dreads or Heroics can do Oblivion Insula with a priest.

And as for PIDs... there are many AP buyers who do not even know how to redeem items from the Loot Wheel, let alone use a PID. Many do not wear them if they do not have a spare weapon/top, thinking there is nothing they can loose, which is incorrect.

fuNkt1on wrote:
Well a few of these are kind of misguided
1 Its not fully bannable u can dual box just not in pvp maps  


Not true. You cannot dual box to grind, Plvl, PvP, or farm.

fuNkt1on wrote:
2 U can acc share with ppl in same home i.e siblings, spouses  


False.

fuNkt1on

Rank 1
fuNkt1on
Joined
12 Aug 2008
Posts
395
Location
Leeds United States
PostedJan 05, 2011 8:11 pm
False.[/quote]
True you just have to send in a ticket to AGE prior to doing it and inform them of accounts involved in the sharing.
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: