- 16 Mar 2009
- Pink Peach Tea City United States
PostedJan 03, 2011 4:26 pm Last edited by GMDantine on Apr 20, 2011 1:17 pm. Edited 1 time in total
Trading, Scamming, Account Sharing and Multi-Account FAQ
Important topics you should know!
All trades are considered final.
This policy is found in our Terms of Service
. If you lose an item to another player, our team will investigate the person who did not follow through with the trade and we may also take additional account action if we deem it necessary. Your item, however, is lost forever. We will not recover items from other accounts in trades gone bad.
Because there is no "trade system", there is no safe way to trade. Any trade you make is done on faith alone and is not covered by any means by the GM staff.
Signs of a suspicious trade:
NEVER do the following:
- Low level characters (10 or below) wanting to trade items for coins or trading very rare items
- Over-insistence that you trade first (beyond reasonable hesitation)
- Asking you to give them an item while they send you the other item from another account
If at any point you feel a trade is too goo to be true, it probably is. If you feel uncomfortable at any point, DO NOT continue with the trade.
Protect yourself by:
- Never give your account password to anyone.
Do not give it to your friends or family, either. It is against our terms of service to account share. AGE employees and GM staff WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD. Immediately report people who ask for yours to us via Contact Us.
- Never "Lend" an item to someone.
There is no lend feature in our game, and we will not cover items that are not returned that you loaned away.
- Never give an item to someone so they may "try it on".
Chances are if someone wants to "try on" your item, they are not intending to give it back.
- Never give your password or account access to someone offering to buy you Coins/AP.
If someone is doing this, chances are they are intending to steal your account. Instead, have them use the "gift coin" feature if you're trading for Coins..
Additional trade info may be found by clicking here.
So, you wanna be a scammer...
- Taking screenshots of the agreement prior to trade, and the trade itself, as well as your attempts at contacting a person who "disappears" midway through trade.
- If a GS is around, ask them to observe or act as a conduit for the trade.
- Never giving your password to anyone, even friends of family.
- Trust your instincts. If the deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Report all suspicious behavior us via forums, PM, or Contact Us
Despite our policies in place in regards to recovery of items, this is not a free pass for scamming. If you are scamming, and you are reported, the items you scammed will be deleted and your account will be banned, often permanently. Part of our Terms of Service and our rules state that you may not hinder or otherwise make unenjoyable the game for others, which scamming clearly does. If you make alternate accounts to scam, you will be permanently banned without notice or question. If you scam someone, they've seen your name and they're probably going to report you, and you will
be caught and banned.
Aside from that, scamming is just plain lame, and you don't want to be a lame-o, do you?
Account sharing is where more than one person has access of an account. It is a violation of our Terms of Service
Account sharing creates liability and security issues. If a report comes to us and we determine that the base cause of the issue is account sharing, all accounts involved will be permanently banned
. Prevent this by never giving out your password to anyone
Multiple Accounts or Characters
In order to maintain a fair standard for all players, we do not allow the use of interacting multiple accounts. The following actions are prohibited:
- Fighting two characters of your own against each other
- Using a secondary account to act as a mule to protect your gold/coins/items
- The use of a secondary character in another league for "spying"
- The use of a secondary character to inflate, adjust, or otherwise modify league standing, win/loss ratio, XP or Glory
- The use of a secondary character for any ToS violation or fraud (including harassment, spamming, scamming or any other action deemed inappropriate by the GM staff)
As of right now, the only actions sanctioned for multi-account use are using a secondary account to sell or trade goods while waiting for combat on another character.
Gold selling means trading real life money for in game currency or items outside of the official channels. AP may ONLY be purchased through our Billing Site
or redeemed via Fun Cards. Both buying and selling "gold" is against the Tems of Service
and will result in all related accounts getting banned
If another user wishes to purchase one of your items from you, they may only do so with provided in-game capabilities - such as gifting Coins or sending you items. They may not, for example, offer to PayPal you 5$. This is against our Terms of Service and we will ban all accounts suspected of such activity.
Above all else, be sure to have fun and be safe while playing DDTank. We are here to help, if you have any issues please Contact Us.