thomdane

Rank 0
thomdane
PostedDec 30, 2010 12:26 pm   Last edited by thomdane on Dec 30, 2010 5:08 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Epic Quests - AoL - 25, 35, 43-45

Here is ALL the Info you need, as I get these questions more than any other
This is a compendium of sorts to the Various pages where you will find the info for the 25, 35, and 43-45 Epic Quests. The most common mistake I see in these Epic Quests is that most believe they have completed the 35 Epic, when, in fact it, was the wrong Quest. (That Wrong Quest being for the Bastion of Greed, Compass of Kuluny, Mallet of Jepeto) Therefore, I will not only give the Link to the 35 Epic Quest here, I will Outline it as well.

25 Epic

http://wiki.aeriagames.com/shaiya/index.php?title=%E2%80%B9Epic%E2%80%BA%C2%A0Quests#Lvl_25_Epic

35 Epic

http://wiki.aeriagames.com/shaiya/index.php?title=%E2%80%B9Epic%E2%80%BA%C2%A0Quests#Lvl_35_Epic

The Wind Blowing from Silvaren (EPIC)
Who -
Archer - Len Starshooter
Ranger - Alies Moonseer (located more to the west of the Camp, unther the Mo from "Mound" if you look on the map)
Fighter - Olando Jordan
Defender - Cristina Kitten
Priest - Filan Merimore
Mage -
Where - Camp South of Maitreyan
Talk to Tiris BlueArrow in Silvaren.
Rewards: 2700XP

Captured Orc, the Boss of The Assult Troop (EPIC)
Who - Tiris BlueArrow
Where - Silvaren
Meet with Beseltu in Silvaren
Reward: 550XP

The Path of Conviction (2) Part 1 (EPIC)
Who - Beseltu
Where - Silvaren
Talk to Tiris BlueArrow

The Path of Conviction (2) Part 2 (EPIC)
Who - Tiris BlueArrow
Where - Silvaren
Kill Palcum and Blood Wolf Attackers. Bring back the Head of Palcum and 12 Head of Blood Wolf Attackers to Beseltu. (Located along the road to Maritreyan. The attackers are archers, Palcum is a mage.)
Reward: 57420XP

Report the Result to Tiris (EPIC)
Who - Beseltu
Where - Silvaren
(Think the quest name should be a big enough hint of what to do)

Remuneration of Conviction (EPIC)
Who - Tiris BlueArrow
Where - Silvaren
Talk to Alius Magicartisan in Silvaren
Rewards: Sharpnell (Str + 4, Dex + 4, Attack Power + 2, Lv 35, Armlet/Amulet)

43-45 Epic (Start 43, Use 45)

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=364340

[center][/center]
Advertisement

aceouses

Rank 1
aceouses
PostedDec 30, 2010 12:49 pm
I also find this to be helpful for almost all quests, and this for the 35 UoF <Epic>.

AthenaMarie

Rank 3
AthenaMarie
PostedDec 30, 2010 1:02 pm
Thom...why are your links linking to www.url.com?

Might want to fix that <3

Also should be under Self Help > General Gameplay Very Happy

thomdane

Rank 0
thomdane
PostedDec 30, 2010 2:55 pm
Ummm, Links working fine, and Its moved. Thanks for input.

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedDec 30, 2010 3:36 pm
I'm sorry, but quite honestly I see absolutely no reason for this to be stickied. Its probably done so only because a GS asked a moderator to do it, so it wasn't checked.

One, it barely gives link to the quests for lvl25 and lvl43 quest. But that and much more is in this, which was written long, long ago.
Two, it barely copies the information from a thread about the 35 epic. And that's probably just because there were non-epic quests on that thread too. You didn't even change a single thing about that.
Three, this cruelly lacks information. That lvl35 quest is only for archer. At the very least, you could use more complete source of information, like this one, which lacks only a single NPC (for mages), for which area is here. Just gotta get the name, which is not something that can't be done using search, like this proves (PS: I'd go with the wiki page for the quest names and descriptions, but what I linked just now is good enough source for the starting NPC's name).

Why is it that I went through more trouble than you did, even though you did write this "guide"?!

If you want it to actually deserve that sticky, go through larger trouble and actually write out each of these quests, with map of where they begin etc. All the information is out there. For both factions, even.
Best if you'll do so on a separate thread, with three posts, each reserved for its own level of epic though.

As for the lone fact that it had to be moved, I suggest learning about at the very least, general functions of each forum section. The absolute basic ability for a gamesage is the ability to find information you need. Use other gamesages help (some are especially helpful and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help you), use search function or sift manually through forum.

By the way...the lvl43 epic can NOT be written 43-45. Reward being usable by lvl45+ have absolutely no bearing on the quest requirements, which is ONLY 43 for all parts, regardless of class. As such, that is simply misinformation which is the last thing a guide writer should want to do.

thomdane

Rank 0
thomdane
PostedDec 30, 2010 4:56 pm
Ok, allow me to correct a few "assumptions" I did not "Write" a "Guide". I simply gathered available links, to basic info, so that I may reference this posting to Players that ask about them in Trade. I do thank you for your posting of Links, as the 25 and 35 are outlined in much greater detail through the Wiki. I listed the Epic as 43-45 out of the fact that most tend to reference the 43 as 45, and when you are informing a player that it is the 43 Epic, they tend to argue for 5 minutes or so telling you "No!, I'm doing the 45 Epic!!" I created this post with it's links for players that do not navigate the Wiki or the Forums very often, and would have trouble Searching and locating these posts individually. And, you are right, I did originally post it in the wrong section, as I was back and forth between pages of Forums alot doing various things today, and started it in the General Discussion section in error, only realizing this error after posting. I would like to again say that this is a Compendium, not a Guide. I didn't "write" any of the info, I simply linked to it. All input is greatly appreciated, and I do thank you very much for it. I think the biggest mistake a GameSage or Player can make is to ever assume that he/she knows everything and is always right. This posting is a clear indication to the contrary. I am human, I make mistakes, I learn, I grow. Thank You again, and have a great day. : )

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedDec 30, 2010 6:21 pm
thomdane wrote:
(...)I did not "Write" a "Guide".  
Indeed, the second time I wrote "guide" I did not add the quotation marks, which indeed was my error, for which I apologize.
But the first time, I did so, which clearly shows that I never even though about this being a guide per see. I simply named it so for multiple reasons, one of which is that there is no reason for a more specialized link list, when there is one that had the links you used, so an actual guide compiling these would be far better choice. Especially with the hideously large number of stickies being out there already, with most (yes, including my own guide which I honestly wish someone would replace with a newer guide so it can be removed from there).

thomdane wrote:
I simply gathered available links, to basic info, so that I may reference this posting to Players that ask about them in Trade.  
You could have done that with the existing sticky with pretty much identical effect.

thomdane wrote:
I listed the Epic as 43-45 out of the fact that most tend to reference the 43 as 45(...)  
Writing something improperly does not help. It just affirms people in their error.
First of all, a title saying "All Epic Quests - AoL" would be better as it outright removes the issue of that misconception. It is also shorter.
Second, it can be clearly written within the body of the post with words like "often mistakenly (due to the weapon reward being usable since lvl45) being refered to as lvl45 epic" or something like that.

thomdane wrote:
I created this post with it's links for players that do not navigate the Wiki or the Forums very often, and would have trouble Searching and locating these posts individually.  
People that would have troubles locating these links themselves would have equal trouble finding your post. There indeed is a difference, but that is not related to abilities of using the forum, but to laziness or lack of ability to comprehend what the player reads, whether due to language barrier or...eh...lets leave the latter alone.

That being said, all the people able to find this post that would attempt to look for the information, would be able to find the previous list made by hypnos34, which have all the information in here and more.

thomdane wrote:
(...)only realizing this error after posting.  
This appears to say that you noticed it before the first response was made (which was 23min after this thread was made), so you had more than enough time to copy the post, delete it and repost it in the proper section.
Otherwise, though, I advice to make a habit of double-checking what you post rather than outright closing the tab and forgetting about it.

thomdane wrote:
(...)ever assume that he/she knows everything and is always right.  
If you don't post something believing in it yourself, then what is the reason behind posting?! If you can't convince yourself, no one else will be convinced either.
And humans brain works on assuming things. It is impossible to avoid it when there is lack of information, which is majority of the time in life.

But that is why apologies were made and added to the vocabulary of every language, assuming that the assumption will be proven to be wrong, with no possible counter-argument.

thomdane wrote:
I am human, I make mistakes, I learn, I grow. Thank You again, and have a great day. : )  
Surprisingly I hear that quite a lot, but all the time until now, it was posted with a different message behind it...Particularly "Yeah, yeah, just leave me alone.".
Don't take it personally, but it is simply my nature to be pessimistic about stuff, until proven wrong, while general "instant-end" arguments like that usually are just to "get rid of someone".

Either way, my point still stands. Unless you can make something that is superior to what is already available, don't do it. I gave you pointers on how to do that and whether you will follow them or leave it as is, hardly is of interest to me.

PS: I know I am a nitpicking nuisance. You can either bear with it or ignore me, cause that probably won't change, keh.

AthenaMarie

Rank 3
AthenaMarie
PostedDec 30, 2010 6:28 pm
thomdane wrote:
Ummm, Links working fine, and Its moved. Thanks for input.  

;D Now they are thanks to a GM. Sorry if my 'input' offended you. o_O Ummm?

<3 Have fun!

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedDec 31, 2010 4:01 am
you should have created a part for the UoF side too >.>

and like kikix12 has said, there are several threads out which provides better informations then the wiki thread, those threads are even used as a source to fill the wiki thread

this can be better keh

signature of xybolt

Chucc

Rank 0
PostedDec 20, 2011 10:19 pm
it links to a page that is in German for the 25 quest.