Tatsukuya

Rank 1
Tatsukuya
PostedDec 29, 2010 1:22 pm   Last edited by Tatsukuya on Jan 13, 2011 9:52 pm. Edited 1 time in total

Within The Shadows: Revolution

Feedback please.
It was a still night with few people walking outside. The moon was full and the stars adorned the darkness around it. Flagston, a small town on the outskirts of Tucson, Arizona, was quite a peaceful place where nothing out of the ordinary happened. Although, on this night something very extraordinary would take place, and the town would never be the same again. Carl, a teacher at the local community college, was walking home from a long day at work. As he began to pass by an alley, he saw a brilliant light illuminating from the usually dark passageway.
He slowly walked down the alley towards the light unable to look away, as if something was pulling him closer, hypnotizing him. As he approached the light he began to see something. It looked as if there was a hand reaching out to him. Carl stopped about a foot in front of the light with his eyes still locked onto it. The light expanded and a dark figure appeared on the ground bathed in blood. The figure was a woman with long, black hair and grey eyes, although her skin tone could not be seen due to the blood on her skin.
She looked up at Carl with such a pitiful expression, as if lost and alone. He knelt down beside the woman to examine her for wounds but, to his surprise, there few lacerations that could be seen; the light had vanished. The woman started to stand and as she did this she began to observe the area.
“Where… am I?” she asked in a soft, almost angelic tone.
“You’re in Flagston.” Carl responded in a somewhat confused manner. “What was that bright light you just came out of?”
The woman continued to observe the area but gave no response to Carl’s question. She stood about five feet and ten inches tall, only two inches shorter than Carl. Carl was an olive toned with brown, short-cropped hair. A the moment his were emerald green but they often changed colors. The woman looked at him as if the sight of him was a mystery. She walked to the opening of the alley and after a few moments she spoke.
“What world is this?” she asked, ignoring Carl’s previous question.
“What do you mean,” he began completely caught off guard by the question “this is Earth.”
“Earth,” she began “I suppose I made it. I must find the human named Carl Thompson. Can you direct me to him?” she spoke with a sense of urgency.
“I am Carl but who are you?” he couldn’t understand why she referred to him as human. If she isn’t human, then what is she? Is she some kind of alien and if so what did she want with him?
“My name is Sunai. I come from the world of Adonia. We must leave this place immediately, before the Hidoneon who attacked me arrives.” Carl stood trying to comprehend the situation. Her explanation didn’t give him much clarity but it would suffice for now. He walked towards her at the opening of the alley. Now, they were standing in the light of the lamp posts that were positioned all along the sides of the street. Sunai was staring aimlessly out into the city, while Carl was observing her under the new light. She was wearing black, silk clothes that hang low due to the blood that they were soaked in.
She had a long scar on her left cheek, as if she was cut by a knife . Now that she was standing, the blood on her body slowly flowed to the ground revealing her skin. It was, oddly enough, of a crimson tone almost identical to the blood that had recently left her face. After a moment of silence she continued to speak. “Take me to your place of residence so that we may have shelter for the night.”
“Follow me,” Carl responded “are you going to tell me exactly why you’re here when we get there?” he continued
“Yes, of course, but for the moment I am simply taking all safety precautions.” They began walking, Carl leading and Sunai closely behind him, down the long road that would lead them to his apartment. As they walked there was silence for quite a while, which left Carl with time to contemplate the situation in its entirety. He began to wonder where, exactly, Adonia is and what was this Hidoneon Sunai spoke of? They were coming to the end of the street and would soon enter his apartment building. Suddenly, there was a hole of darkness ahead and Sunai pulled Carl towards her.
She stood with her eyes fixed on the black hole, ready for combat; she had no weapon. There was a flash and a man was left standing where the hole was which was similar to how Sunai came to this world. His skin was white and there were black markings on him. His hair was short-cropped, as Carl’s was, and it was orange. He stood about eight feet tall but where there would be legs he had thick tentacles. There was a scythe in his hand with a long, sharp black blade which gave him the appearance of the grim reaper.
“Did you really think that you could get away from me?” the man spoke in a dark tone. He lowered himself on his five tentacles, which put him at about six feet tall now. “Is this the human you were trying so hard to keep me from?”
“I will not let you harm him! Even if it cost me my life, I will not fail!” she yelled, her voice no longer soft and gentle. Carl could not understand why she was so determined. He had only just met her and they knew nothing about each other. Before Carl had time to think about anything else, the man jumped at Sunai read to strike with his scythe.
Carl was caught by surprise but Sunai did not flinch. She snapped her fingers and a black sword appeared in her hands. The blades of the two weapons collided with incredible force. They continued to swing their blades, sparks flying with each collision. Then, Sunai took a step back and thrust her sword at the man, but he dodged it and slapped the broad side of his scythe up against her body. She was sent flying into the wall of the nearby coffee shop and the man now set his sights on Carl.
Sunai was desperately trying to get to her feet while Carl was standing alone, frightened. The man stood holding his scythe straight out in front of him and the black markings on his body began to glow red. A red ball of light began to form at the end of the scythe and continued to grow. Carl was unsure of what was happening but he knew it was dangerous. He could do nothing nut fear for his life while the only protection he had was currently incapacitated. The markings on the man stopped glowing and the ball no longer grew in size.
“Desprantz o kueru.” the man spoke in a language Carl could not understand. After he spoke, the ball launched from the scythe and Carl’s eyes widened in fear. He closed his eyes as the ball made contact with his body; silence filled the air. He felt the force of the impact but, strangely enough, he felt no pain. He opened his eyes to see the man with a shocked expression on his face, Carl looked down at his hands in disbelief, they were covered in what looked like metal. “ Hmm, unexpected.” the man said before he disappeared in a flash of light.
Carl, still in shock, walked over to see if Sunai was alright. She looked pleased with what had taken place as he helped her to his feet.
“Who was that man?” Carl asked.
“His name is Soko, he is from the world of Hideon and he is also the Hidoneon I mentioned earlier.” the pain from the impact still noticeable in her voice. “I am fine now that I have had time to recover but I see you have unleashed your abilities on impulse, although I am sure there is more to this.” she spoke as if it were all so simple and ordinary.
“Well, let’s hurry to my apartment before something else happens.” they resumed walking but at a faster pace. “So, who is exactly is Soko and what is a Hidoneon?” he asked in a calmer tone than you would think given the situation.
“I suppose a more detailed explanation is necessary,” she began “Adonia and Hideon are worlds no human can ever reach. It cannot be reached by foot, plane, car or any other means of transportation you may use, unless accompanied by one of us. Hidoneons are the result of a thousand year old rebellion led by their leader, Kenreu. Oddly enough, he is the brother of our leader, Tatsukuya, and he rebelled against the previous rulers of Adonia, their parents. He despised their parents for the affection they had shown Tatsukuya. He tried to gain the favor of his parents, but to no avail. In truth, they loathed Kenreu due to his grotesque appearance which was contrary to the rest of Adonia.” they had arrived at Carl’s apartment. It was a small place, perfect for one person to live in, and it was painfully obvious that he lived alone.
There were only enough dishes and silverware for one person to eat and then wash them for later use. The two of them sat down on the small, blue couch in the living room.
“Kenreu’s followers, however, have not always been so hideous. The dark power they acquired has corrupted them and altered their appearance.
“Where do I come into the picture?” Carl asked, beginning to understand more of the situation.
“You are a potential. You are in the process of becoming an Adonian.”
“But, I thought you said-”
“I am aware of what I said, and what I said was that humans can not reach Adonia or Hideon. However, you are not a human, Carl, not entirely.” Carl was now fully aware of what she meant. He started to piece together his life, and where things were unclear they now made perfect sense. He had never heard anything about his mother and he always excelled in academics and athletics. “Your mother was Adonian and your father was a human. I will be taking you to Adonia when the sun rises but for now we must rest.
Carl was now sleeping on the couch while Sunai was sitting on his bed in the next room. She stood up and walked into the living room, staring at Carl as he slept. She went and sat on the arm of the couch as she began to sing.
“A-she to-me fu-ka-ku
Ame takai shiene
Rashen o kurei doku
Ino em ashu
Tantz aku noe” she sang in a soft tone as if it were a lullaby. She leaned over and gave Carl a soft kiss on his forehead, she stroked his hair with her hand as she watched him sleep, then returned to the bedroom and fell asleep.
The next day, Carl awoke and saw Sunai staring out of the window. She looked as if astonished by everything that she saw. The sun gave her grey eyes a dull sparkle and her face under the sunlight had the appearance of red clay. Carl, now sitting upright with the sun now shining on him as well, looked like a bronze statue. His eyes, now cerulean, reflected the sun like pools of untroubled water. He stood up and sauntered to the window joining Sunai in her gaze.
“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Carl asked.
“Indeed it is a marvelous sight to behold the world under the radiance of the sun.” she responded, the astonishment now apparent in her voice.
“You speak as if the sun doesn’t shine every day.”
“There is no sun in Adonia. There is only a moon, and although it is magnificent, I grow tired of its endless illumination.” she spoke with a sense of disdain. “In any case, we must depart from this world now so that you may be more adequately protected.” as she finished speaking she placed her hand on the window. The window began to illuminate like the light from the alley.
“So, do we just jump through or something?” he asked in anxiety.
“Yes, this will take us to a chasm that acts as a bridge between Adonia and Hideon. Follow behind me.” she jumped through and Carl jumped in after her. Inside the light was like a tunnel with the exit being obvious because the light ended abruptly with darkness. It took a couple of minutes but they came out in a chasm as Sunai had said. The light tunnel closed immediately behind them leaving nothing but the blinding darkness. They were about fifteen feet down between two smooth walls of the planet.
The darkness seemed as if it went on for miles but Carl could not be certain. He could only see what was directly in front of him which, at this time, was Sunai. He continued to follow her straight ahead to their destination, albeit unknown to him. The ground felt coarse and unwelcoming to any visitors. The sky, as Sunai said, was dimly lit with the moon which looked lonely without the company of stars. There was a brief flash a few feet ahead that looked the same as when th man, Soko, appeared the night before.
He couldn’t tell whether or not someone had appeared but given how quickly Sunai had stopped, he assumed someone was there. It was quiet, all that could be heard was the brief gust of wind that blew through the chasm every few seconds. Sunai began to glow fluorescently revealing three men standing where the flash had occurred. One of them was Soko hoisted on his tentacles with his scythe in hand, the other men were on either side of him. The man to his left had skin as black as tar and wings that resembled those of bats which wee pointed, as if sharpened, at the bottom. His skin was covered in reptilian scales and his feet looked like bird’s. His hands were more of claws which made it obvious what his weapon of choice was.
The man on the right had the body of a green snake, although he retained his natural arms. He also had fangs that extended half way down to his chin. His body was twisted like a spring to keep him up. He had no weapon in his hands but shadows swirled around him, as if to act as protection. Each of the three men stood with sinister grins on their faces. Carl felt his body getting cold as he realized that the metallic shield was beginning to cover him. He didn’t know why, but perhaps it was due to the fear he felt at the moment that was causing his heart to race. Although, this time there were sharp, scythe-like blades that extended from the sides of his arms.
“Release.” Sunai spoke and everything within a mile of her was bathed in her crimson glow.
“I’ll take the girl,” Soko began to speak, “you two can have the human insect.” he charged at Sunai fiercely swinging his scythe, the most likely motive being to distract her from guarding Carl. The other two men stood glaring indecisively at Carl.
“So, you wanna go first, Shuko?” the man with the wings asked.
“Yeah, he looks interesting enough, maybe even a challenge. If I get bored you can have ‘em, Kai.” as he spoke Carl took a defensive stance. His eyes, now ruby, let off a flash and he lunged at the snake man, apparently named Shuko, making use of the blades on his arms. Shuko was caught off guard and motioned his hands in front of him, calling the shadows around him to block the incoming barrage of attacks. “Hahaha, this really is gonna be fun after all. I guess you’re not getting a turn Kai.” Carl’s eyes gave off another flash and he leaped in the air holding his hands out in front of him facing Shuko.
“Doku eto nakai.” Carl spoke as if it were his native tongue. Red balls of light shot from his hands that resembled miniature versions what Soko had done the night before. Shuko called for his shadows to shield him again but the balls broke through and made contact. They created flames that engulfed Shuko’s body causing him to scream in agony. The flames vanished leaving his skin scorched with wisps of smoke rising from him. Carl landed back on the ground, his eyes filled with ferocity that you would expect from a feral animal; he was not himself. The winged man grimaced from the results of their battle.
He vanished for a few seconds and reappeared behind Carl with his hand in the air ready to strike down. Before he could attack, Carl swung his arm around, it ground up against the scales on Kai’s arm. Kai began to throw a series of punches and, although Carl dodged the majority of them, the last few connected. The very last one hit him in the face and knocked him to the ground. The blades on his arms disappeared but two sharp, long tentacles formed on his shoulders. The tentacles reached out and wrapped around each of Kai’s arms and slammed him to the ground. Carl stood up, released on of the tentacles from Kai’s arm and used it to impale him through the chest.
Carl’s eyes flashed and turned brown, bringing him back to his senses and causing his shield and tentacles to vanish. Meanwhile, Sunai was still in battle with Soko. She had given him a few slashes across his chest and he had given her quite a few bruises a slashes. Soko swung his scythe horizontally giving her a large gash across her abdomen. She jumped back towards Carl, leaning on his shoulder to maintain her balance. Kai started to stand, blood flowing from the hole in his chest, and walked over to Shuko to make sure he was still alive. He was indeed alive, though he was in excruciating pain from the burns that covered his body. Soko joined them, still watching Sunai and Carl to make sure he wasn’t caught off guard by a surprise attack.
There was the sound of slow footsteps approaching. Soko began to grin, perhaps he knew who the footsteps belonged to. The unknown person slowly came into view causing Sunai to wear a frightened expression, that of which Carl wished never to see. He felt that fear took away from her subtle beauty, albeit a new thought for him. The approaching person was truly deserving of the fear that filled Sunai. His hair was black and stood up like long spikes. His skin was grey like clay and his eyes were similar to those of a feline. His teeth were sharp and jagged as if designed to tear the flesh off of humans. He wore what seemed to be the skull of a gazelle on his face, the horns freshly sharpened.
The bottom half of his body was that of a lion, although it was grey like his skin. He was surrounded by a black aura that filled the chasm with the feeling of death and despair. There was someone else approaching from behind him who was also deserving of much fear. It was a woman with crimson skin like Sunai’s. She had grey, shoulder length hair and there was an hour glass shape on her abdomen. The bottom half of her body was the body of a black widow and her eyes were black like the midnight sky.
Soko dropped down on his left knee as a peasant would to royalty. “Lord Kenreu, Lady Tsune, we’ve been awaiting your arrival.”
Advertisement

Tatsukuya

Rank 1
Tatsukuya
PostedDec 29, 2010 1:23 pm
sorry for the format

Tatsukuya: Aura Kingdom, Eden Eternal

Tatsukuya

Rank 1
Tatsukuya
PostedJan 05, 2011 10:46 am
The presence of the two made Carl feel as if something was holding him down. He felt like he was going to be crushed just by being in the vicinity. There were thoughts going through his mind that contradicted the ones that preceded it. He felt weak yet strong, brave yet cowardice, fear yet comforted, it all didn’t make any sense; he was going insane. That was the feeling that caused him to feel such contradiction, insanity.
“Pitiful, it seems that he can’t even withstand my aura.” Kenreu spoke with a tone of contempt. His voice made Carl’s feeling of insanity worsen, preventing him from forming coherent thoughts. He couldn’t take it anymore, he felt like his mind was being devoured by darkness. “Soko, why have you failed to dispose of this feeble human?”
“He accesses his abilities when threatened or frightened. He is the one who put Shuko and Kai in their current condition, he is quite the nuisance.” Soko explained.
“Well then, I suppose I will have to take care of him myself.” he reached up and grabbed one of his hair spikes and pulled it from his head. The spike began to grow and take the form of a large, black axe while another hair spike replaced it. Carl’s shield began to form with the long, sharp tentacles on his shoulders. He gently set Sunai down up against the wall. He stood, ready for battle but he didn’t have much confidence that he would be victorious.
Kenreu took one step and he was already standing right in front of Carl. “You can’t even manage to predict my movements, so how do you possibly expect to do battle with me and live?” he spoke in a low tone, almost whispering. He rose the axe above his head and slashed down through Carl’s entire torso. “You are nothing but an insect compared to me, you can never match my strength. Let us leave and return to Hideon.” there was a flash and they were gone leaving Carl and Sunai on the ground. Carl was left lying motionless as his blood began to soak the dirt on the ground.
“Carl!” Sunai called for him as she crawled towards him with tears streaking down her face. His vision was becoming blurry and he began to feel cold. Sunai grabbed his hand as she desperately cried for him to hold on. He felt numb, no longer able to feel her soft touch but he took some solace in the fact that his life would not end having to see her tear-soaked face. He saw a flash, which he knew by now meant that someone had appeared, and he heard faint voices. He saw a white glow over his head and felt some alleviation of the pain.
His vision was slowly returning back to normal. There was a man kneeling beside him with his hands over Carl’s chest, apparently healing his wound. The man’s skin was dark brown and his hair was short, black and spiky. His eyes were green like fields of settled grass and he was wearing silk, black clothes similar to Sunai’s but, obviously, designed for a man. The glow vanished and Carl no longer felt any pain. His senses were all back to normal, he looked over to see Sunai with a smile on her face and the slash in her abdomen was gone.
“Who are you?” Carl asked the man.
“I am Tatsukuya, ruler of Adonia.” his voice was smooth and welcoming. “Now that all is well again, we can head to Adonia and discuss all that you need to know. Sunai, I will go ahead to the castle and you can bring him by later.” he vanished, Carl and Sunai continued forward.
“Carl you must never foolishly fight battles that cannot be won. You should have run away as quick as possible.” she said in a scolding manner.
“I know, I just wanted to pro-” he stopped himself, “I was just caught up in the moment I guess.” he said with a nervous laugh. The ground of the chasm began to rise which signified that it was coming to an end. The ground above the chasm was covered with endless white sand that sparkled under the now brightly shining moon. There was a large city that appeared to be built in the shape of a square. At the four corners of the city there were beams of light that led up to a floating island. What was on top of the island could not be seen because it was too high up.
“The castle is up there,” Sunai pointed up at the island, “the beams of light act as transports for those who are permitted entry into the castle.” they reached the gate of the city, it was ten feet tall and light brown. The gate opened and they were greeted by a man who had skin of an indigo complexion. He was wearing a hooded robe so only his hands could be seen. He escorted them to the nearest beam of light and they stepped inside of it. Carl felt as if someone was pulling him up by his shoulders and set him down as they landed on the island. Tatsukuya was waiting for them outside of the castle doors waving in a child-like manner.
Carl thought he seemed like the type of person who wasn’t too serious about anything. “Welcome, welcome, I’m gracious that you didn’t keep me waiting long.” he said with a grin on his face as he opened the doors and walked in, motioning for them to follow. “Oh, how rude of me, I introduced myself earlier and never asked for your name.” he spoke to Carl as he continued to walk forward, not looking back. “Although, there is no need because I already know your name, Carl, but it doesn’t excuse the fact that it was quite rude.” they finally reached the end of the hall where there was a red door. Tatsukuya opened it and light poured out of the next room into the hall.
There was a black throne with large amber crystals glowing on either side of it. The throne itself was adorned with fairly large diamonds and black flames around the edges. There were two other, not so attractive, chairs in front of the throne which, obviously, were for visitors. They all went and sat down and began to discuss the current situation. “Well, let’s get straight to the matter at hand. The Hidoneons have been attacking and abducting humans that are half Adonian.” Tatsukuya spoke in a more serious tone, no longer smiling.
“There are more out there?” Carl asked obviously surprised.
“Yes Carl, there are many others like you, though your abilities are unique and especially great when used properly. The most obvious of your abilities being your shield, you also have the power to create a wide variety of weapons and accessories.”
“How do you know all of this when I just learned about it yesterday, and why are there so many other half Adonian people on Earth?”
“I know of your powers because the only other Adonian to possess that ability was my father. As for the others like you, there was a time when we watched over the humans. Many of our people began to grow affectionate with their humans so my father decided to withdraw the Adonians from Earth, we have long since remained bound here until it deemed necessary to return. This is a matter of extreme importance and I would like to have you two be among the few that I send to Earth.”
“You mean we are to go and protect the humans from the Hidoneons?” Sunai asked .
“Yes, I am also sending Matsune, Ryo, and Tokoro. I believe that the Hidoneons are abducting half Adonians for the purpose of forcibly corrupting their power to make them into Hidoneons. They probably killed the ones that they felt were too weak to be of any use. Oh, I almost forgot… Carl, we should give you a new name now that you are one of us. Hmm, what should it be… how about Kasuke?”
“Sure, that’s fine with me.” Carl approved.
“Then it’s settled, your new name is Kasuke. You two should go and rest for a while until your ready to depart.” his voice had returned to it’s playful tone. The two of them, Sunai and the newly dubbed Kasuke, left the castle and went back down to the city. Kasuke admired all of the buildings, they were black, white, and various shades of grey. They looked as if they were polished and the moonlight reflected off of one building to the next which caused the city to shine brightly. They came to a large grey building and they proceeded to go inside.

Tatsukuya

Rank 1
Tatsukuya
PostedJan 05, 2011 10:47 am
The inside was brightly lit by two amber crystals that were identical to those in the throne room. The living room had one long, black couch and a white chair next to it, there was a long hallway that led to the rest of the house. There was also another room on the other side of the living room, but it could not be seen due to the fact that there was a closed door. They sat on the couch in silence for a while just staring at the wall.
“Sunai…” Kasuke began sheepishly, “would you sing for me again?” Sunai looked shocked, if her skin was of a lighter, tone she probably would have been blushing. She remained silent and looked down in embarrassment. “You don’t have to be embarrassed, it was a beautiful song and your voice was quite melodious.” she looked up with a gracious grin on her face.
“Okay, for you.” Kasuke smiled, ecstatic over her agreement, he was now staring deeply into her eyes as if he was seeing more.
“A-she to-me fu-ka-ku
Ame takai shiene
Rashen o kurei doku
Ino em ashu
Tantz aku noe”
Kasuke had fallen asleep with his head in Sunai’s lap. She smiled and let out a small chuckle as she caressed his head and watched him sleep, she found the way he looked as he slept to be a bit amusing. “I will protect you so that you will not have to know the pains of our world.” she whispered and lay her head against the back of the couch and dozed off.
Kasuke opened his eyes and saw his father standing in front of him with a blank expression. He was confused due to the fact that his father had been dead for the past three years. He looked around to realize that the surrounding was completely white and void of anything or anyone other than the two of them. Suddenly, people he had known in his life had begun to appear all around him, the last to appear was Sunai who was standing next to his father. No one spoke, they all just stood perfectly still staring blankly at him. He began to walk towards Sunai and his father but the further he walked, the greater the distance between them. There was a breeze and everyone around him slowly blew away as if pillars of sand. He tried to call out for them but his voice wouldn’t come, he ran as fast as he could but he couldn’t reach them. He was left alone and the space around him began to darken as if he were slowly fading from existence.
“Kasuke, Kasuke!” Sunai called as she gently shook him. He jumped up heavily breathing and slightly sweating.
“Sunai… you’re here. I guess it was just a dream or more of a nightmare.” He felt as if it were suppose to mean something more but perhaps it was merely a bad dream. He looked around the room and noticed there were three people standing by the front door. One of them was a woman with long, ocean blue hair and purple skin with a black whip wrapped around her waist. The other two were men standing on either side of her and, apparently, identical twins. They resembled the woman, though their hair was purple and their skin was ocean blue. They both held a double edged sword, one with his left hand and the other with his right.
“I am Matsune, these are my brothers Ryo and Tokoro. It’s nice to see you again, Sunai it has certainly been a while since we last met.” the woman spoke with a slightly hoarse voice as if she had been yelling.
“It is nice to see you too, Matsune. Since you are here I assume it is time for us to go to Earth now.”
“Yes, but first we were told that Kasuke must learn how to activate and maintain his shield for an extended period of time.”
“How do I do that?” Kasuke asked as he stood with his back to the closed door that led to the next room.
“Well, Lord Tatsukuya explained that his father found it easiest to control his abilities while he was thinking of someone he was thinking of someone he wished to protect. So concentrate, think of someone you wish to protect and it may activate.” Matsune explained. He closed his eyes and began to think about who he wanted to protect the most. There were few people he had a relationship with, yet alone a desire to protect, and when his father died he began to find it more difficult to get close with anyone. He thought of Sunai and how he hated to see anything but a smile on her face, how he would hate to never again hear her beautiful song lull him to sleep. He began to feel the sensation of cold creeping up his body which only occurred when his shield was active. He opened his eyes to see, as he thought, his shield had been activated along with the scythe-like blades on his arms. Although, he felt a bit different from the other times he used his abilities, he felt something on his back.
“That is odd, you never had wings before.” Sunai said, surprised by the sight of them. They were the type of wings you would expect to see on a dragon, which goes to say they were large, and metallic like the rest of his body.
“Well, now that that’s settled we can depart for Earth.” Matsune said, motioning towards the door. The door began to glow as they approached it, the light tunnel that would lead them to Earth had appeared; they stepped through. Kasuke noticed that the tunnel was a bit shorter than the last time he had been through.
It was evening when they arrived on Earth behind East Great Mall, the most popular mall in Flagston. The wind was blowing fiercely causing their clothes to ruffle in the breeze. There was a large commotion elsewhere in the city which sounded as if people were screaming in fear and distress. They began running in the direction of the screams which seemed to coming from the nearest high school, Sky View. They had been running for about two minutes before Kasuke remembered he had wings, he leaped in the air and slowly began to flap his dragon-like wings. He quickly soared through the rose-colored sky and, almost instantaneously, appeared above the front parking lot of the high school. He was filled with indignation as he gazed upon the area around the school.
Death. So many bodies were lying all around one person, Soko. His black scythe was covered in blood as he stood with a look of satisfaction and delight. There was only one human still alive and, oddly enough, he was slowly approaching Soko with his hands clenched as he walked past each corpse on the ground. The man continued walking until he was a few feet in front of the monster who he looked at with such well deserved hatred in his eyes. His hands and feet were now engulfed in a white aura, Soko’s satisfactory grin widened as he stared at the man before him. It became clear to Kasuke that this mysterious man was Soko’s goal all along and, sadly, the reason he had wreaked such havoc at the school.

Tatsukuya

Rank 1
Tatsukuya
PostedJan 09, 2011 9:03 am
The man threw a punch from where he was standing and a burst of air shot from his fist. The shot hit Soko in his chest, knocking him back a little. The man continued to attack from a distance with a series of kicks and punches that resembled the first. Each burst of air seemed to be more powerful than the last which appeared to frustrate Soko as he attempted to dodge them. After each blow he slowly advanced closer to the man, alarming Kasuke and causing him to quickly make his descent and land next to the mysterious man. Soko stopped his advance upon seeing Kasuke and his facial expression became one of loathing and contempt.
“So you came after all,” a voice came from inside of the school, “I suppose that means the others are not too far behind.” as the unknown man spoke, Kasuke began to feel it again, the insanity. That perpetual insanity and constant contradiction, he knew that only one man could cause such feelings to come over him. Kenreu stepped forward with his dark aura surrounding him just as it did in the chasm, “I see you have figured out how to maintain your shield and manipulate your abilities of your own accord. Hmmm, you still cannot withstand my aura but it is progress nonetheless. I assume Tatsukuya has informed you of our recent actions and what he believes to be the reason for them, albeit false. He, and all those who follow him, will never understand the things that drive me.
You humans and Adonians think you know of pain and loneliness but you know nothing of either. I have been alive for the majority of my 1200 years of life and my parents held nothing but contempt for me since my birth. That loneliness drove me to insanity, the only one that cared to save me from such dismay was my queen, Tsune. I shall repay my insanity upon your two worlds ten fold by the time I am finished. Then you will know loneliness, then you will know agony.” Sunai and the others finally arrived at the school, “Ah, you have finally arrived but, alas, we must take our leave of this place. I will leave you in this squalor. Until we meet again, Kasuke; come Soko.” the two hidoneons vanished. Kasuke was shocked by the fact that Kenreu knew his new name. How did he know to call him Kasuke instead of Carl?
The mysterious man that was previously fighting Soko stood silently with his head down, the aura now gone from his hands and feet. He looked confused and disgusted by the horrific scene that lay around them. The more disturbing fact was that the only people who were killed were only teenagers. They were of no threat to the Hidoneons and stood no chance against the onslaught that befell them.
“I’m guessing you guys are Adonians like my father?” the man asked in an unexpectedly apathetic tone.
“Yes, my name is Kasuke and this is Sunai, Matsune, Ryo, and Tokoro.” he spoke as he motioned to each individual he mentioned. “I’m assuming, since you know that we are Adonians, you are aware that the ones that did this were Hidoneons?” Kasuke inquired.
“You are correct in that assumption. My name is Zeto and my father’s is Reiku, my mother, however, is no longer with us.” he spoke in that same apathetic tone as before.
“You said your father… does your father live with you now?” Sunai asked.
“Yes, my father has lived with my mother and I ever since I was born and he cared for my mother when she fell ill. He has taught me how to control my powers and about the history of Adonia.” sirens began to sound off in the distance. A woman stood across from the school horror stricken at the sight of the massacre as she held a cell phone in her hand, apparently the one who alerted the police of the situation. “We should leave before people see us and start to think that we had something to do with this.” Zeto warned. “We can go to my house until everything calms down and we can figure out why the Hidoneons have begun attacking Earth.”
They began running away from the school in the direction of the college at which Kasuke teaches. They had run about four blocks when they came to a corner where they turned into a cul-de-sac. Zeto held his hand straight out with his palm facing outward, a doorway appeared that led to a house. They proceeded to walk through the doorway where an elderly man stood apparently awaiting their arrival. He looked to be disturbed by the sight of the group that had entered the house. The elderly man looked to be of at least eighty years of age and five feet, six inches with long grey hair that cascaded down the length of his back. His skin was a complexion that resembled sand which seemed to compliment his piercing, golden eyes currently fixed on Kasuke. The house was brightly lit which helped Kasuke observe Zeto more adequately than possible in the evening sky outside.
Zeto’s skin was a beige complexion and his hair brown like the bark on a tree. His eyes were a calming, warm orange which were glossy giving them the appearance of marbles or something of the like. His hair was smooth, straight and barely passed by the tips of his ears the tips of his ears causing it to swing with even the smallest twitch of his head. Zeto went and sat on the off-white couch in the living room as if to not be bothered with whatever conversation was soon to take place.
“Why have you brought these Adonians to my home, Zeto?” the man asked in a voice that, if he were not already in sight, would reveal that he was elderly.
“Don’t worry father, they’re not here to take you back to Adonia. They were chasing after two Hidoneons that came to Earth…” Zeto’s voice dropped to a more solemn tone that seemed to be genuine opposed to the apathetic tone he spoke with earlier, “and massacred the entire student body at Sky View.” his eyes fell to the floor as he finished speaking. The old man, apparently Zeto’s father, Reiku, now stood with an even more disturbed expression on his face.
“Well then, come sit and we’ll talk.” they went and sat down in the living room, Matsune and her brothers joining Zeto on the off-white couch while the others sat on a sapphire couch. “As you may have noticed, I have begun to re-age. I gave up my Adonian immortality when I spent my first year here on Earth.” Reiku explained to the group. It had just dawned on Kasuke that he had not seen any elderly Adonians or Hidoneons. He also just realized that Kenreu mentioned that he has been living for 1200 years when they spoke earlier.

Tatsukuya

Rank 1
Tatsukuya
PostedJan 09, 2011 9:04 am
“I still possess my powers but they are in a severely weakened state. In any case, who are the Hidoneons that came to Earth?”
“Soko and Kenreu. Soko being the one who killed the people at the high school.” Kasuke answered.
“I see… Do any of you know the story of Diox, The Phoenix?” everyone shook their heads in response, each with a puzzled look on their face. “He is the only Adonian, besides Kenreu, to rebel against the previous rulers. He is now known as The Phoenix because he absorbed the energy from the sun in an attempt to surpass the king, Zenmaru. He succeeded but his body could not contain the power of the sun, thus he was engulfed in his own flames and reduced to ashes. Though he perished, the sun’s energy did not return to the sky, instead it remains dormant in his ashes awaiting the day he is reborn. Only those in the royal family know where his ashes are sealed.”
“But how does this relate to the current situation?” Matsune asked in haste.
“I was just getting to that. The only way to release the seal on his ashes is to collect 1,000 human souls and offer them to him.” everyone now became aware of what Reiku was trying to say. They all wore a look of realization. “Yes, it is as it sounds. Kenreu is collecting those 1,000 souls to resurrect Diox, which can only mean that he is planning a full assault on Adonia.”
“We have to--” Ryo began to speak, but he was interrupted by what seemed to be a small earthquake. His voice surprised Kasuke because he and Tokoro had remained silent until this point. His voice appeared to be assertive by nature. “What was that? This area should not be capable of experiencing an earthquake.” Ryo spoke again. He was correct, Flagston had never had an earthquake and it should not be able to. “ We must go, something must be going on outside. Can you open the door for us Zeto?”
“Of course.” Zeto answered.
“Zeto, I want you to go with them.” Reiku announced.
“But why dad? I wanna stay and have you teach me how to control my powers, if you don’t who will?”
“There is nothing more I can teach you. It is time you go live amongst the Adonians, they will teach you all you need to know.”
“Fine, I’ll go.” Zeto said submissively.
“Then this is farewell.” Reiku replied as Zeto opened the doorway that led to the outside world. All but Reiku left, “Live on, my son, for I must perish.” he whispered as the doorway closed.
The group arrived outside to see a building sliced in half, the larger half had fallen to the ground causing the ground to shake. Standing in front of the destroyed building were Soko, Kai, and Shuko seeming anxious to do battle.

Tatsukuya

Rank 1
Tatsukuya
PostedJan 13, 2011 9:51 pm

I'll add a larger amount soon.

“Soko…” Kasuke said in a spiteful tone.
“Let’s have some fun again, boy.” Shuko spoke up, his shadows circling around him just as before. Matsune removed the whip from her waist with her right hand and a dagger appeared in her left. Her brothers, Ryo and Tokoro, took their battle stances on either side of her, creating the appearance of a mirror image. Soko pointed his scythe at the group, the markings on his body began to glow blue and an energy ball of the same color began to form at the end. The ball did not grow, it only grew darker until it was black, apparently concentrating the energy.
“Ekrohm yuto ahm.” Soko spoke, a beam shot from the energy ball and it quickly made its way towards the group. The twins ran to the opposite sides of the beam, they held up their free hand up with their palms outward and facing the other. A purple barrier began to form in the large gap between their hands, the beam deteriorated as it made impact with the barrier; the twins returned to Matsune’s side. Zeto charged at Kai with his aura seeming as if it were in a rampant rage surrounding his fists, he punched him in the chest causing Kai to slide back a few feet. Kai spread his claws and swung his right hand slashing Zeto’s left arm, his claws cut through Zeto’s flesh as if it were paper. He realized he had to be more cautious when dealing with an enemy as menacing as Kai.
Matsune tossed her dagger in the air and cracked her whip upward, the end of the whip wrapped the hilt of the dagger. She snapped the whip, now holding the dagger at the tip, fiercely at Soko. The attack was too quick for him to react, he was slashed diagonally across his chest. He sprung forward at Matsune and prepared his scythe for a swift attack but he was intercepted by Tokoro about three feet in front of Matsune; their blades collided with great force. Ryo appeared behind Soko with his double-edged sword raised above his head ready to strike Soko down. He brought down his sword with all his strength but his blade did not meet Soko’s flesh, Shuko had sent his shadows to shield Soko from the impending strike.
Kasuke beat his wings against the wind which caused him to quickly glide across the ground toward Shuko.