You would like to see... (assuming non-USA based users will be able to use video offers)

Video offers (only)
66%198 Votes
Video and traditional offers (both)
31%92 Votes
Traditional offers (only)
2%6 Votes
Total Votes :: 296 Votes

GirlycarDemon

Rank 5
GirlycarDemon
PostedDec 28, 2010 3:44 pm
I voted for ONLY video offers. In Wolf Team, maybe 1/100 of all the players tried the other "offers", and only about 1 out of 10 of those people won anything. And it was usually less than 10 AP after spending hours working for it, meaning about 1/1,000 people got maybe 4 cents in 4 hours, making the "offers" virtually useless to the community. I can't speak for the other games (although I suspect they feel identically, based on the poll results), but most, if not all, of the Wolf Team population absolutely hated the other "offers", and openly referred to them as absolutely nothing more than time wasting scams, when they were being polite about them. You couldn't even mention the old "offers" without the idea being shot down and laughed at.

However, with the new video offers, a small amount of AP can be distributed throughout the whole population, making the game and community more balanced. AP flame threads and QQing threads have dramatically decreased in number. The player population is far happier. The players actually get rewarded for their work, without being able to abuse the system in any substantial way like with Poker Heroes. It's much faster and fool proof.

Also, the sponsors actually get recognized by the players. With the old offers, after I completed one, the only thing in my mind was "can we get past all this sponsor spam, and see if by some miracle I won?". But with the new offers, you have to pay attention to the sponsor and the message, actually promoting the products, instead of demoting them like with the old "offers".

So in summary, the new video offers are probably one of the top 10 best ideas Aeria has ever had, or ever will have, and I strongly support them.

Advertisement

dco361

Rank 1
dco361
PostedDec 28, 2010 4:02 pm
I would vote for video offers only. I am not a regular AP buyer, and so therefore I appreciate the small amount of extra AP.

skull12580

Rank 5.1
skull12580
On the planet consumed by greed. United States
PostedDec 28, 2010 4:03 pm
As long as the video offers remain only to watch the video and not install x thing and then watch(here's looking at you Bing), then I believe the video offers are by far more efficient for the community as a whole. As stated several times, the traditional offers often gave nothing but a mess of spam, while the videos are easy to access, watch, and multi-task(more so for people whom don't use their sound for much)with leaving no problems in the end. With the reasoning above, I voted only video.

freeowns

Rank 0
freeowns
PostedDec 28, 2010 4:05 pm
skull12580 wrote:
As long as the video offers remain only to watch the video and not install x thing and then watch(here's looking at you Bing), then I believe the video offers are by far more efficient for the community as a whole. As stated several times, the traditional offers often gave nothing but a mess of spam, while the videos are easy to access, watch, and multi-task(more so for people whom don't use their sound for much)with leaving no problems in the end. With the reasoning above, I voted only video.  
I Agree..

KawasuAsh

Rank 0
KawasuAsh
PostedDec 28, 2010 4:15 pm
Video offers all the way. I say this simply because of a few reasons:

1) When you do the little surveys, they ask for your email and send you a bunch of spam.
2) It really never gets registered if you complete the survey.
3) It's just annoying.

Names I go under: Eternity Force Bomb Ranger, Cosmo Fighting Gamma, Grand Live Team Water Man, Victory Team Nova, Aero Neutron Lambda.

mrmark98335

Rank 2
mrmark98335
PostedDec 28, 2010 4:30 pm
I voted Video Only, because the original methods of quizzes simply left me with Spam in my inbox and little to no AP, because of the long and twisted quiz/info hunts

Vafx

Rank 3
Vafx
PostedDec 28, 2010 5:15 pm
I'd vote for videos only OR both but make it formatted differently than it is now... like have a separate tab for videos altogether instead of mixing them in the free ones Neutral

Resneme

Rank 0
Resneme
PostedDec 28, 2010 5:27 pm
Video offer only, all the offers are are BS (DL this, try that, must have a cell phone) with the video offers they are good for every ont jsut a select few people.

PlagueFoxII

Rank 4
PostedDec 28, 2010 5:29 pm
i voted video only, pending a bunch of quirks i seemed to get.

1.) only about 70% of the videos actually registered as watched after completion. 2.) various videos constantly repeated themselves. how about some variety? and 3.) register the points better. one 30 sec video was 3 AP, and a 2 minute video is 1 AP? also found one odd 1 minute video that was like, 18 ap or something.

aside from that... seems to be a fairly effective system, i give a thumbs up for the idea.

retired.

tratusa

Rank 0
tratusa
PostedDec 28, 2010 5:30 pm
Video only for me because I don't have to give personal info and won't be receiving spam e-mail's within 30 minutes of viewing the video. Videos are somewhat entertaining as well.