Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedDec 31, 2010 5:32 pm
Alright -cracks knuckles- lol jk

Let's see a few things on your sig.... One very obvious thing. It's cut off. A lot of parts are cut off. Not only does it ruin the sig, it's just not good to look at.

Drop shadow is very inconsistent. They're going the same direction but the one on the border is smaller in size than the one on your circles. Also the drop shadow on the character has a wider spread. Try to keep all shadows the same when used in the same picture.

Your typography is getting better, but yeah you need something else to add to it. A guild name or some sort of sentence for example...

I like to not cut off characters at all unless I place a border.... such as:

<div><a></a></div>
Advertisement

bluefoxy

Rank 2
bluefoxy
PostedDec 31, 2010 5:44 pm
oh i prefer cut off then border so i cant take tht advice an yh my shadow is liek everywhere i need to find out how to change the shadow thingy

Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedDec 31, 2010 5:49 pm
I never cut off the subject though... you should find a way for everything to fit <_< Otherwise make a giant signature.

I don't like how the back arrow box thing is cut off at the tip. That's just ridiculous. If it's going to cut off move it over.

bluefoxy

Rank 2
bluefoxy
PostedDec 31, 2010 5:52 pm
o.O but on my program it says its fine but i think its because of the shadow but idk plus i cant change it now xD

Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedDec 31, 2010 5:53 pm
What do you mean you can't change it? You can always change it... unless you don't save.

<div><a></a></div>

bluefoxy

Rank 2
bluefoxy
PostedDec 31, 2010 5:57 pm
when i save something it kinda all stick together =/ instead of staying in its own layer

Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedDec 31, 2010 6:06 pm
You should get photoshop cs5.

<div><a></a></div>

EnigmaBLue

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2010 8:12 pm
bluefoxy wrote:
when i save something it kinda all stick together =/ instead of staying in its own layer  

I hope you don't mind me jumping in, heh heh.

Whenever you're working on an image, you should always save it in your program's native file format so that you'll be able to re-edit the layers again later. For example: if you're using GIMP, save it as Gimp XCF Image (.xcf); if you're using Photoshop, save it as Photoshop (.psd). Then, when your image is complete, save a copy of it as a JPEG or PNG (GIF if it's animated).

So basically you'll have 2 files: the one which you can edit (layers and all) and the one which you'll be using as the avatar, siggy, or whatever.

I hope this helps.

bluefoxy

Rank 2
bluefoxy
PostedDec 31, 2010 8:15 pm
why have i got a feeling that will work lol so thanx =D

EnigmaBLue

Rank 0
PostedDec 31, 2010 8:30 pm
Yep, you're welcome.