Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedDec 30, 2010 5:37 pm
Oh open for criticism?!?!?!?! Ahaha I'm really anal about my own work personally...

Probably the best one out of all of them is... The first one. And the first one isn't that great in itself either. You need to work on your typography. The focus of all of the signatures are unclear except for the Avalon one.

Some of the added effects are a little eccentric and it's better if you don't make them pop out more than your stock images. Try using the same type of colors such as warm with warm and cold with cold. Rather than mixing everything up.

I do think you can do better... The biggest issue is the typography. That's all from me. Don't mistake this for bashing. I'm just telling you what I see. ;D

-On that note-

I don't mind that your avie is similar to ours either. Since the word Myriad isn't there... And of course you're welcome to join.. -puts Noble out- You can have him if you join ;O
Advertisement

bluefoxy

Rank 2
bluefoxy
PostedDec 30, 2010 6:08 pm
Wow wow ty for being Honest and not to harsh. This is exatly wat i need to improve and yh the sig r unclear since it only for fun and im still new with this program so im exploring and mixing stuff up which i need to stop doing lol. Also the unneeded effects .. my fault lol but i will do my best to listen to your advice since your great at this. Oh and wat do topography mean? lol

Hmm noble alll mine i like the sound of that *evil smile* mwhahaha. Anyway im considering joining yours or symphony

Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedDec 30, 2010 7:05 pm
Typography is the font and how well it works with the rest of the image. That appears to be your biggest problem so far. Make sure to get a lot of fonts and try things out. Don't stay in a comfort zone of the same type of font.

You can mix and match as well. I like to use a different font for the first letter of my name in most cases.

A good place to look for fonts is DAfont.

And well you can't have Noble unless you join. I'll wait for the chance that I may see your application one day. If not, chit happens. ;D

<div><a></a></div>

bluefoxy

Rank 2
bluefoxy
PostedDec 30, 2010 7:15 pm
Mm yh all my fonts r the same because that all i know about them and dafont i do know about but dont u have to download the font u want T.T. so basically everything is some what fine apart from the font..... idk how to
improve on that ><

And it feels like a good bribe (deal)... getting noble for joining. Does he have a say? U may see may application soon

Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedDec 30, 2010 7:35 pm
For the font basically you download it, extract it, and then drag it into the fonts folder which is usually in control panel if you're using XP. For windows 7 you can press start and type in fonts where it says search for folders.

The fonts will automatically be added the next time you open adobe. Cause it loads from there.

I didn't say it was your only flaw but it's the biggest. Typography makes the image. If your font stands out more than the picture, makes the signature kind of worthless. You want people to look at the whole thing rather their first impression being "Oh god she used all sorts of weird font."

Try to keep to a small color scale. You use too many colors that clash with one another. That makes people not want to look at the signature for a long period of time. Unless that's what you intended, then it is fine.

As for Noble... My say > His say But I'm sure for the sake of the guild he will offer himself up anyway~!

bluefoxy

Rank 2
bluefoxy
PostedDec 30, 2010 7:50 pm
.. u didt have to say worthless T.T but everything else like the clour clash my sister already told me but since u give me the dafont and explained it to me. i hope to improve and explore diffrent text and toneing down the bright colours but i cant promise it be to your taste. So tomoz i wont make a random sig for myself but a sig which i will make until im happy with. ^^

Hehe well if u dont mind... can i go on your website and chat in the shoutbox u have to see if ppl dont mind me and i will take gd care of noble *evil yet sweet smile* if i join

Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedDec 30, 2010 8:02 pm
Oh sorry about the worthless thing. It just makes me sad when the image gets neglected because the font takes up more attention.

But yeah! Can't wait to see it, if you want to show us that is.

Also, you don't have to ask to join our chat o.o It's public for a reason. If I wanted it to be guild member only I would've made it private. ;D So come and chat with us whenever you feel like it!

<div><a></a></div>

bluefoxy

Rank 2
bluefoxy
PostedDec 30, 2010 8:09 pm
Rightio will do when i dont feel shy.
Itss kinda ok for calling it worthless since it kinda a experiment but.... making a sig u. Put time into it so it becomes unworthless which is only why it upset me xD and tomoz when u look at my sig on my profile dont be to harsh to that one because i be putting my whole heart into it ><

Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedDec 30, 2010 8:21 pm
No problem! If you put effort into it, and I see you did, I won't say anything. Well I will still give pointers though.

Hope to see you soon in our chat!

<div><a></a></div>

bluefoxy

Rank 2
bluefoxy
PostedDec 31, 2010 3:09 pm
well i did my new sig as u can see.... hope its ok though its a bit empty because i need to find a guild and probs put it on there xD anyway soz for not speaking much on your chantago on your website my sister rang me at the time i got on -.- so imma try again tomoz probs lol