SnailGames

Partner
SnailGames
PostedJan 06, 2011 6:35 pm
xyamius wrote:
I have been playing games like this for several years and this one feels like it's missing something.

What this game reminds me most of a few old BBS games but with a 3D add on. What I would say this game needs since you can conquer territory is an end game.

What I am used to seeing is that once a country holds a certain % of the map or take all the territories that can be taken they win and the server resets.

Based on what I have enjoyed about this game is that you can advance quickly towards a final age of tech with only needing to make sure to get your hero leveled up being the toughest hold up. The option for new players to hide troops is nice not to mention that only a % of the resources available can be taken during each pillage and that takes 10 minutes each hit. The cities buildings can not be destroyed nor expanded cities lost.

The largest disadvantage of the game is that it can get stale fast without an end result planned or something more than build and hunt for people to attack and hope they have troops garrisoned.

The game is a great time waster where you have nothing to worry about losing besides resources if you take a break but with so few things to do that break may be something people will be taking sooner than later.  

We've got the first expansion coming soon which should solve quite a few of the points you brought up Smile

That was a tremendous analysis, btw

Advertisement

cadekong

Rank 0
cadekong
PostedJan 09, 2011 10:06 pm
I am really enjoying Ministry of War. I went into it thinking, "Oh no, not another Caesary/Evony type of game," but I must admit, I've really come around. Extremely competitive, easy to work with, and it feels more personal. My favorite thing about MoW over other RTS's has got to be the shorter building speed. Although I'm still not all that far into the game (only just recently got into feudal age), I have high hopes for the coming experiences.

I only have 3 wishes: 1. I would love more events 2. Less lag on the map rendering when scrolling around 3.(This is a bit of a pipe dream) Compatibility with my HTC Palm phone. I realize the game works with iPad, and is in the works for Android/Iphones, but sadly, I don't own either.

melva753

Rank 0
PostedJan 11, 2011 11:13 pm

I think I might try it

With the way you expressed your admiration and like, I think I might also try this. Thanks for a positive comment.

USB turntable reviews

SnailGames

Partner
SnailGames
PostedJan 27, 2011 1:45 pm
cadekong wrote:
I am really enjoying Ministry of War. I went into it thinking, "Oh no, not another Caesary/Evony type of game," but I must admit, I've really come around. Extremely competitive, easy to work with, and it feels more personal. My favorite thing about MoW over other RTS's has got to be the shorter building speed. Although I'm still not all that far into the game (only just recently got into feudal age), I have high hopes for the coming experiences.

I only have 3 wishes: 1. I would love more events 2. Less lag on the map rendering when scrolling around 3.(This is a bit of a pipe dream) Compatibility with my HTC Palm phone. I realize the game works with iPad, and is in the works for Android/Iphones, but sadly, I don't own either.  

Glad you like it! We know the first impression people get is that we are another run-of-the-mill clone....but I think that's 100% false!

DokterLekter

Rank 0
PostedFeb 03, 2011 3:08 am
Snail Games dude, Thanks for keeping us informed!

Let's be friends on Facebook and Twitter!