djashes

Rank 5.1
djashes
PostedDec 27, 2010 4:53 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
i'm afraid the real time combat aspect is just a concept taken from normal RTS games such as warcraft/the "Age of" series, so not unique. and as for graphics, yes, yours are good, i have also seen better. and visual representation does not make a game unique.

i apologise if i seem overly critical of your product, but as i have said, the MMORTS genre has been done so often, and there's several hundred out there now.  
I have to agree with Lord on that, It doesn't seem very original to me. Neutral

Advertisement

SnailGames

Partner
SnailGames
PostedDec 27, 2010 7:02 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
i'm afraid the real time combat aspect is just a concept taken from normal RTS games such as warcraft/the "Age of" series, so not unique. and as for graphics, yes, yours are good, i have also seen better. and visual representation does not make a game unique.

i apologise if i seem overly critical of your product, but as i have said, the MMORTS genre has been done so often, and there's several hundred out there now.  

No need to apologize, we're both having fun Smile

I think you were right the first time to compare MoW to browser games. Since we are 100% play anywhere, instantly (no download required) it's not quite fair to compare us to games that are huge downloads or have to be purchased at a store. It would be like comparing a PSP game to a PS3 one.

MoW obviously can't compare to a game like SC2 or any of the age of empire games, but that's not the point of browser games. With MoW, you can login and play anywhere you have an internet connection. Work, school, libraries, friends ipads, your parents computers, etc, etc.

Visual representation doesn't make us unique, but I would personally rather play an awesome looking browser MMO instead of a mainly text-based, MMO.

BlueDude50

Rank 5
BlueDude50
PostedDec 27, 2010 7:04 pm
SnailGames wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:

No need to apologize, we're both having fun Smile

I think you were right the first time to compare MoW to browser games. Since we are 100% play anywhere, instantly (no download required) it's not quite fair to compare us to games that are huge downloads or have to be purchased at a store. It would be like comparing a PSP game to a PS3 one.

MoW obviously can't compare to a game like SC2 or any of the age of empire games, but that's not the point of browser games. With MoW, you can login and play anywhere you have an internet connection. Work, school, libraries, friends ipads, your parents computers, etc, etc.

Visual representation doesn't make us unique, but I would personally rather play an awesome looking browser MMO instead of a mainly text-based, MMO.  

hahaha... school... i haven't got in trouble.... yet... lol Razz it's tooooooooo fun

Legomaster88

Rank 0
PostedDec 27, 2010 8:12 pm
Like the other RTS games huh? Meaning forced Pvp. Bleh. I don't play games that determine the outcome by who has less of a life or more money to spend. Sad

I ask that someone come out with some strat games with an engaging and evolving AI, wow me with what you can develop, rather than leaving all the fun to be made by the players through pvp. In other words, I want a game that puts its pieces together, rather than give us some basic tools and we figure out how to utilize them beyond what you even imagined.

I fear that I'll dream a long time though.

Jon873

Rank 2
Jon873
PostedDec 28, 2010 2:11 am
Legomaster88 wrote:
Like the other RTS games huh? Meaning forced Pvp. Bleh. I don't play games that determine the outcome by who has less of a life or more money to spend. Sad

I ask that someone come out with some strat games with an engaging and evolving AI, wow me with what you can develop, rather than leaving all the fun to be made by the players through pvp. In other words, I want a game that puts its pieces together, rather than give us some basic tools and we figure out how to utilize them beyond what you even imagined.

I fear that I'll dream a long time though.  

Well that game would be hard to do, that I assure you

amicoso

Rank 0
PostedDec 28, 2010 1:11 pm
nice

Dagamer01

Rank 2
Dagamer01
PostedDec 28, 2010 1:23 pm
again...i'd give it a thumbs up if it worked on my iphone...otherwise no real reason for me to play this game. This game doesn't do justice to my 2 gb graphic card and my Quad core processor. I rather play games that require a download which deliver a much larger degree of content, i can catch on fast and get into the action fast, and most importantly allows me to use my rig.

The major turn-off for me in a game such as yours is that its super slow. Second being that the graphics dont do justice to the decent to high end rigs most gamers have nowadays.

SnailGames

Partner
SnailGames
PostedDec 28, 2010 2:34 pm
Dagamer01 wrote:
again...i'd give it a thumbs up if it worked on my iphone...otherwise no real reason for me to play this game. This game doesn't do justice to my 2 gb graphic card and my Quad core processor. I rather play games that require a download which deliver a much larger degree of content, i can catch on fast and get into the action fast, and most importantly allows me to use my rig.

The major turn-off for me in a game such as yours is that its super slow. Second being that the graphics dont do justice to the decent to high end rigs most gamers have nowadays.  

The game works on android phones and ipads (with Cloud Browse)...and iPhones if you can get flash to work Smile

In our first expansion we plan to move to a sleeker interface that will work better on devices like those.

Beecki

Rank 0
PostedJan 05, 2011 4:40 am
Don´t knwo that browser games.. but looks nice and i just wanna test the game ministry of war... have you any insinder informations for me Razz

xyamius

Rank 0
PostedJan 05, 2011 8:11 pm
I have been playing games like this for several years and this one feels like it's missing something.

What this game reminds me most of a few old BBS games but with a 3D add on. What I would say this game needs since you can conquer territory is an end game.

What I am used to seeing is that once a country holds a certain % of the map or take all the territories that can be taken they win and the server resets.

Based on what I have enjoyed about this game is that you can advance quickly towards a final age of tech with only needing to make sure to get your hero leveled up being the toughest hold up. The option for new players to hide troops is nice not to mention that only a % of the resources available can be taken during each pillage and that takes 10 minutes each hit. The cities buildings can not be destroyed nor expanded cities lost.

The largest disadvantage of the game is that it can get stale fast without an end result planned or something more than build and hunt for people to attack and hope they have troops garrisoned.

The game is a great time waster where you have nothing to worry about losing besides resources if you take a break but with so few things to do that break may be something people will be taking sooner than later.