Very Happy
Advertisement

SnailGames

Partner
SnailGames
PostedDec 27, 2010 2:46 pm
Jon873 wrote:
Why does the guild creation is so much  

We want new players to focus on learning the game before they worry about creating a guild

shakugan5

Rank 4
shakugan5
PostedDec 27, 2010 3:05 pm
SnailGames wrote:
shakugan5 wrote:
its not awful its kinda slow and you run outta things to build and do pretty fast  

MoW is more complex than other browser games, so it takes a little while to get going. But once you have a full stable of Heroes/Merchants/Missionaries, with a big army....it's our experience that there is actually too much to do.  
yah im actually starting to see that more now that im a few ages in advance but the merchant system seems kinda pointless to me so far............i like the worship/defame expansion of territory's. the fact there isnt a help menu to find out how to get skills and any of those little details like it took me awhile to figure out how to send my mechant to buy/sell anything. its not a bad game im still only in fedual age and all my buildings cept farm esq stuff is like maxed and i got 1400 camel riders XD plundered a few people,tryed out lairs and arenas but like most games i spend most of the time afk till 12 hours later

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedDec 27, 2010 3:20 pm
SnailGames wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:
a ceaseary and lords online clone..... yay? Rolling Eyes

the stupid amount of MMORTS games popping up all over the internet recently is hilarious. they are all the exact same game with a few different graphics. having two browser based MMORTS games with aeria was pushing it, three is just a..... very silly idea, to be nice about it  

I am in no way biased when I say this, but if you are comparing us to those games, then I doubt you made it past the Civ-select screen.

I'll save the rest of my speech for another day Smile  

i save all my judgements until i think i can make a fair one on something. i played this game for a good 18 solid hours before i dismissed it as another run of the mill RTS. admittedly the quests are nice, but the ONLY thing that i have not seen many, many times before in the hundreds upon hundreds of RTS games circling the internet is the age advancement system

<center></center>

SnailGames

Partner
SnailGames
PostedDec 27, 2010 3:20 pm
That's great feedback, thanks!

We're actually working on getting a host of tutorial videos up on our youtube channel (youtube.com/ministryofwar) to help teach about the game as best we can. There's just so much going on that it would be hard to have it all be in-game text.

Merchants are funny, because most people dislike them, but for a small percentage they are their favorite feature.

SnailGames

Partner
SnailGames
PostedDec 27, 2010 3:23 pm
LordRapthorne wrote:
SnailGames wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:

the stupid amount of MMORTS games popping up all over the internet recently is hilarious. they are all the exact same game with a few different graphics. having two browser based MMORTS games with aeria was pushing it, three is just a..... very silly idea, to be nice about it  

I am in no way biased when I say this, but if you are comparing us to those games, then I doubt you made it past the Civ-select screen.

i save all my judgements until i think i can make a fair one on something. i played this game for a good 18 solid hours before i dismissed it as another run of the mill RTS. admittedly the quests are nice, but the ONLY thing that i have not seen many, many times before in the hundreds upon hundreds of RTS games circling the internet is the age advancement system  

Did you get far enough along to fully experience the Civ vs Civ gameplay like the CZ Wars?

http://www.ministryofwar.com/community/czwars/

Every night, the top players from each Civ go head to head with their guilds for control of different parts of the map. I think it's pretty unique in browser games....and it's also just the tip of the iceberg as far as Civ vs Civ goes! (Our first expansion will be coming soon to expand on many areas of the game)

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedDec 27, 2010 3:30 pm
SnailGames wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:
SnailGames wrote:
LordRapthorne wrote:

Did you get far enough along to fully experience the Civ vs Civ gameplay like the CZ Wars?

http://www.ministryofwar.com/community/czwars/

Every night, the top players from each Civ go head to head with their guilds for control of different parts of the map. I think it's pretty unique in browser games....and it's also just the tip of the iceberg as far as Civ vs Civ goes! (Our first expansion will be coming soon to expand on many areas of the game)  

unfortunately, the only part of this that is unique is that you have chosen to do zone ownership based on civilisation, rather than by alliance/guild/insert word pertaining to a group here.

many RTS games do territorial ownership based on groups. with members of that group gaining bonuses in different things, etc.

the MMORTS genre has been done to death, but the one day someone comes out with a truly unique RTS game. i shall be there, playing it constantly, donating to it regularly, and having lots of fun on it.

in short, what can you offer me, that no other far better known RTS, such as travian, evony, or others can not? come up with something spectacular to answer that with, and i shall become a regular player and donator, and a totally unwavering and loyal fan.

djashes

Rank 5.1
djashes
PostedDec 27, 2010 4:28 pm
Oh my god. A cool partner! Not some dude wearing a suit, with something up his. . .

Quadruple post though. D:

SnailGames

Partner
SnailGames
PostedDec 27, 2010 4:42 pm
"in short, what can you offer me, that no other far better known RTS, such as travian, evony, or others can not? "

In short? Graphics and real-time combat. There's nothing turn based about this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMXQ_ig6GYk

This vid was from one of our beta players, and only contains the more mundane 1v1 battles (not any of our bigger battles). I don't think many browser games can stand toe-to-toe with our game's combination of gameplay features and visual awesomeness.

I don't want to embarrass any of our competitors with videos of their battles Wink

LordRapthorne

Rank 5
LordRapthorne
PostedDec 27, 2010 4:48 pm
i'm afraid the real time combat aspect is just a concept taken from normal RTS games such as warcraft/the "Age of" series, so not unique. and as for graphics, yes, yours are good, i have also seen better. and visual representation does not make a game unique.

i apologise if i seem overly critical of your product, but as i have said, the MMORTS genre has been done so often, and there's several hundred out there now.

<center></center>