i agree with the concerns brought up in this thread.
as a 6.2 synther myself i've had my share of insults for no reason either,
someone had told me one day
"here's a tip for you"
i wasn't even asking them for a tip :/ as my shout clearly said free synther.
then they said: "GET A REAL JOB"
then they waited a little and said "no really i have a tip for you", then just left party.
mind you i synthed 100% for him.
People are uneccesarily rude, especially to the lower level synthers.
i've had a lot of them tell me people have joined their parties, saw the percent and then complained to them that they were weak, or just left all together without saying anything.
everyone starts out somewhere, we were all new once, noone came into this game as a pro with top gear. the sad thing is, this is discouraging if you are new at synthing. no one would want to be complained to.
i'm not saying that we have a server full of bad people, or that we'll ever have a game filled with good people either. we are a mixture of good and bad, but lets try to be courteous to one another
if someone does a service for you, the best thing you could say to a synther is "thank you" i can't speak for others but i know i appreciate it, most synthers are just here to help the community. afterall, you don't know how long someone had to stand there shouting.
now that the courtesy bit is over, onward to prices and why synthing is expensive to maintain.
when making a synther build a person can decide whether they want to go for all pro tarots such as full V pentacles/ IV pentacles/ kirin/ omoikane.
this is up to the person on what they want to spend for their character, but most people will try to aim for the best (which means full V pentacles)
- full V pentacles - 3-4 m per piece (13) tarots total
-if you are a law synther (which most of us are for the +5 luck boost to party)
raphael crystal - 2 m
- grinding/masteries- mastery price fluxuates 150k-200k from what i see lately.
most synthers do not like training mineralogy, its difficult to raise unless you've grinded mineralogy first before all the other requirements of synthing. most synthers make the mistake though, of having mineralogy as one of the last things left to level.
- getting to lvl 90-95. some people start off as enhancer to help raise their level, keeping the point in int, then later lethe bottling it to being a pure synth.
cost of lethe bottles can be expensive for some. if you decide to stay pure synth from the beginning then you are basically sponsor for life, this is expensive.
- rebirthing your demon, most synthers will use an artemis. this is another expensive process, demons are important to raise soul stone and tarot percentages.
- RE items, sometimes you need to purchase an additional cross regenerator in order to make some RE items for your class, so this is added to cost. unless you managed to find cheap RE headband/shoes, gloves etc. top gear usually has RE: back, face, shoe. some people decide to do shirt too.
- nandi paddle/ frost paddle (10 int/10 luck) this paddle is not seen often these days, some synthers use the broom/ cal maria/ golden gun etc. although golden gun is also expensive because it is emperor tarot + rheingold + cal maria. along with this nandi paddle synther will most likely want to SI it with futsu no mitama a +5 luck bonus to party members. process to make this is similar to marasamune. so this is more money put onto a synther.
-betryayed symbol set, some synthers use this, it's Si'd to gear. usually runs you 5-4m per piece
- demon vision II avatar, craft shirt, smart shirt, nocturne, RE maid/nemissa, etc these are all used for SI, some cheaper than others.
- false comp, these are 2-3m these days?
-santa skirt, artemis earring, mental accelerator. these are examples of other gears we use to SI
if some of my pricing is wrong, i apologize lol. i'm an old school synth -_- i used to grind on 3x, until 5x and the books came out life was a lot easier
and you might say, some synthers aren't subjected to follow these gears exactly. you could make a moderately priced synther, but in truth other synthers are competing with eachother. most people will want to go to whoever has higher percent (provided there is more than 1 synther on at a time), some people are perfectionists, others not. i'm listing basic items as well as pro gear.
wow this is a long post, i hope i didnt bore anyone with reading this. i've met a lot of great people while synthing. so to those of you who have helped support synthing; whether it is by saying a simple thank you to tipping, you are appreciated ^^
lets work together to help new synthers out so they can prosper and help our megaten by not going broke halfway or getting discouraged.