GMDantine

Aeria: Wingman
GMDantine
PostedNov 29, 2010 8:29 pm   Last edited by GMDantine on Dec 20, 2010 10:12 pm. Edited 4 times in total

Why I think I would make a good GameSage (December)

Application Status: CLOSED - Review in Progress
This thread is part of the GameSage Application process. GameSage is a very public position.

We are making this part of the application public, because it is best to know how the community will feel about new applicants BEFORE they are accepted.

The best GameSage applicants are those who are actively involved in the desired activities, and working with the existing team. It is O.K. to ask for an endorsement... but if you pester them, they will naturally tell us that you are NOT a good candidate. Remember, when they endorse you, or volunteer to train you, it reflects on them as well.

A volunteer can only be a member of one group... i.e. you can only be a GS for one game (including the forums).

If you have feedback for GS applicants, please let us know by posting here: GS Application Feedback Thread.

Applications close for December on 12/7/10.

This thread is for applications only.

APPLICATION FORM
A. What's your DDT IGN and Level?
B. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?
C. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?
D. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?
E. What experience do you have with our forum community?
F. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.
G. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?

ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED THE SECOND PART OF YOUR APPLICATION, EDIT YOUR POST TO INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT US RT NUMBER.

APPLICATION PART 2: Apply Using the Contact Us Form

Apply using the contact us form. Choose the appropriate game. Include the following information:

1. Your Aeria Games Account.
2. The Team/Game/Server that you are applying for.
3. Your IGN for the Game you are applying for.
4. The Level/Class/Clan/Side of your character?
5. How Long have you been playing the game ?
6. What is your YIM (Yahoo IM)or YIM compatible ID?
7. Have you ever been banned, or had disciplinary action taken against you. If so, explain.
8. What existing GS(s) is willing to endorse you?
9. Which of these GS would be willing to train you, if you are chosen?
10. Are you willing to stop all level/equipment/character advancement, so that you have time for GameSage Duties?
11. Are you willing to change servers/sides if needed to perform GS duties?
12. A Link to your posting in step 1.  
Advertisement

AworldOfChaos

Rank 3
AworldOfChaos
PostedNov 30, 2010 8:40 am   Last edited by AworldOfChaos on Dec 01, 2010 5:32 pm. Edited 2 times in total

Why I think I would make a good GameSage (December)
RT# 4796679
A.
DDT Name: Mayhem
DDT Level: 25

B. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?
I am relatively active. Before I started playing DDtank, I use to play Shaiya, which I played for over a year. I loved it very much and was an officer in one of the most successful guilds that is still achieving till today. I hosted mini events within the guild to keep members entertained and morals high. I really enjoy helping others as it makes me feel happy and makes the experience more worthwhile. I’ve tried to help people in the past as much as possible by deterring them from the bad, doing my best to protect the vulnerable from the people who take advantage of them.

I’ve been involved in many events myself so I have some experience of how an event is run. As a PvP player in Shaiya, I was the leader of the raid numerous times and know how to keep people under control and work best effectively as a team. I helped organise a fundraiser for the yearbook at my school, by developing a quiz then choosing a winner randomly from the people who got all answers correct.

I try my best to help people with questions or queries that they have, not only in games, in real life as well. As part of my 'Duke of Edinburgh Award', I had to make some sort of contribution to the community in which I worked in a charity shop and enjoyed my time very much. Often people ask questions in games about things and I try to help them with their difficulties as far as my knowledge goes. At my first year at college I was elected to take a role in the school council. It was a challenging task as it required working in groups, contemplating about serious issues and allowing students voices to be heard by listening to what they had to say then feeding it back to the group. In the end it was very rewarding as there were major changes made in the college to help improve students’ learning.

I’ve been using the forums for a while, I mostly use to use it only for the barter section and to check events and feedback on them. Lately I have started to use it for a much better use such as helping out people and answering questions. Since I’ve started playing DDtank I have been on the forums a lot more, and enjoy answering questions which I have answers to or doing some research if I have to.

A GameSage is a person who likes to make a change to the society by giving up their own time to help others and make their experience enjoyable. Being a GameSage doesn’t mean you have to know every spec about a game, being the strongest, the best player, it’s about being good at what you do and enjoying it at the same time. As a GameSage you should be enthusiastic and a role model to other players and give your support when needed. But over all a good GameSage is a person who helps the game for the greater good.

I’ve been playing DDTank for just over a month, and I’ve enjoyed many aspects of it. It’s a game which I instantly fell in love with within a few days of playing it. I have considered becoming a GS before for other games, but have never had the same motivation to want to make a change. Ive never enjoyed and liked a game so that I care for it and wanted other people to have an enjoyable experience as much as I do and more. By becoming GS I understand that it carries a huge responsibility and is an honour to be able to become a part of such a small group of people.
Thanks for your time and consideration in advance ^^

meguapo1

Rank 1
meguapo1
PostedNov 30, 2010 10:44 am   Last edited by meguapo1 on Dec 01, 2010 1:14 am. Edited 3 times in total
IGN: Ownalicious
Level: 26

What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?
I am always active in Forum, shoutbox, and in game trying to answer as many question as possible to my knowledge. I also made a tutorial on how to challenge someone (Click Here To View)

What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?
I am Student Body President for my High School, So I am in charge of the whole Student Council, I organize all the main events for the school, including staff meetings.

What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?
I tutor at school, I help many students with their problems in Math, Science, and History.

What experience do you have with our forum community?
I am Constantly on forum, even at school i am always checking the forum to see what is new or who needs help.

Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.
A GameSage gives up his/her own game (personal) time to help others. He/she finds new ways to involve the community to be more active in game and in forum. Try's to bring the voice of the gamers to the GM's.

Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?
Thats a good question. I wish i could be a GameSage for all the games, but I feel this game needs someone like me, Honest, Hard Working, and Dependable.

Jennayx3

Rank 0
Jennayx3
PostedNov 30, 2010 4:45 pm
IGN : Jennay
Level : 25
Well , I've helped out league members with completing their tasks, and helped answering some questions they had about fortifying and how to obtain permanent weapons and such. I've donated many extra pearls to league members and buddies. I try being as helpful as possible when answering questions.

I used to play maple story and I've hosted events for fighting bosses and it was very successful and I've hosted many events in real life such as reunions and such.

I have 2 younger siblings so whenever they have a problem with something, I try my best to help them by explaining to them what's wrong and right and how to get from point a to point b and give them examples and explain to them more clearer if they still don't understand. But I'm good at explaining things from detail to detail and being very clear on a specific subject.

With this particular forum, I don't have much experiences with it because my friend just introduced me to DDTank when it first came out. So, I've never played any game besides DDTank but I'm a fast learned and will be willing to learn more about the forum community.

A Good GameSage is someone who is dedicated to the game, willing to help the community and the GameMasters. Someone who doesn't mind helping others and always keeping in mind that if the community needs help of any sort, you must be willing and able to help to the best of your ability. A GameSage needs to be also be active which I am, therefore the community can know you better and also contact you if they need your help.

Well, I want to be a GameSage for this game and not another because I don't play any other games and I enjoy playing DDTank and I've introduced this game to many of my friends and they all play it. Therefore it's a great experience for me.

minscandboo

Rank 0
minscandboo
PostedDec 01, 2010 12:46 am
IGN princesszelda
lvl 22

A. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?i have helped many players in game and out and spend time even if i dont log in answering questions in the shout box also

B. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?
i have ran many guild hosted events and raids in other games and working on a guild event for ddt i would love to expand my creativity to include the whole ddt community

C. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?
i know what its like being new in a game and not knowing how to do a lot of things in game
and i remember my days of being a novice player (newb is a dirty word in my book )and because of this i enjoy helping players who ask questions that they do not know the answers to i tend to help any who are asking question everyday

D. What experience do you have with our forum community?
i do have to say i do not have a thousand posts but i read the forum and all new threads for ddt everyday and reply to those i feel i have a good response too . i stay positive with my comments on posts

E. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does
a gamesage is a player who knows a lot about the game and uses his /her wisdom to help players with there problems and help relieve the Gm work load when needed

F. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)?
i aspire to be helpfull and friendly in community and want to do my part to make ddt a friendly environment for all and would enjoy helping ddt members and gs and gms to be the best they can be in game and in forum

credmann15

Rank 3
credmann15
PostedDec 01, 2010 7:09 am
IGN: credmann
Level: 19
RT# 4797413

A. What's your DDT IGN and Level?--- credmann,19

B. What community contributions have you made that shows you would make a good game sage?--- Well there isn't many contributions you can do in this game but when someone ask a question i try to answer them and i try to help them the best i can.

C. What experience do you have running/hosting organizational events?---- Haven't ran any events to be honest... But when i was a GameSage for TwelveSky1 i did host some events with the other GSs and When PiStory was this here i helped JediMike run a Few events.

D. What experience do you have helping people find solutions to their problems?---- Used to be a old GameSage for TwelveSky serenity, Electro knows me. So considering this I know how the system work and i know how to help people as they need.Also i would know whats allowed and whats not.

E. What experience do you have with our forum community?--- With over a thousand post i am very familiar with how the forum community works, whats allowed and whats not. I know how to post accordingly and help people more then cause problems and create more flaming.

F. Please give a short description of what you think a good GameSage does.---- A gamesage is someone that can volunteer their time to help others. They help the player where the GMs do not have time to do so. They answer Questions help file RTs and can get the GMs if a major problem starts to occur.

G. Why do you want to be a GameSage for THIS game (and not another)? --- From day one of playing this game i have fallen in love with it and cannot put it down i always find myself playing this game with any time i have in my day. Also with the high amount of players and the low amount of GSs i feel i could be a great contribution for the game and really help out the people as i go around and always see people having problems but there isn't any GSs around to help so i always try to help them to the best of my abilities.

Nemesis Guan, Legendary, M33