Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedNov 25, 2010 8:48 am

MIA Cross Promotional Events

Why isn't DDTank promoting their own cross events?
There's been a few cross promotional with DDTanks and Kingdom Heroes so far and none have yet been publicized anywhere on DDTanks. For those confused you can find the latest here. Seems slightly unfair to those that miss out on these events just cause they're not announced.
Advertisement

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedNov 25, 2010 1:59 pm
It's not announced on this forum, but only on the other forums (GF, Shaiya, Megaten, LGC, KS, KH, Domo, and some other game forums). The reason for those promo events are to make the players of the other games to try out this game.

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedNov 26, 2010 5:36 am
Sounds like a terrible idea to stir their players to another game which DDTank is pretty fun, yes, addicting. But the DDTank players don't even know to participate in this event unless they play Kingdom Heroes (or any other cross promo they run with other games). At the very least make a post or announcement giving the details or directing them towards the event thread in other section.

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedNov 26, 2010 5:51 am
Anarchist69x wrote:
But the DDTank players don't even know to participate in this event unless they play Kingdom Heroes (or any other cross promo they run with other games).  

Exactly, because those events aren't meant for the existing/advanced DDTank players.
There are already many events for the advanced DDTank players either in the game or in the forum like Tiered Spender Events and so on.

Anarchist69x wrote:
At the very least make a post or announcement giving the details or directing them towards the event thread in other section.  

The drawback of this is that there will be a high amount of DDTank players who will participate without even playing the other game required for the event. It'll take more time for the GMs to weed out those players who aren't qualified.
I've seen a lot of those players who just posted DDTank IGNs in the crossed promo events already when there's a redirect link or the event is posted on the DDTank forum. For example, the GM8bit - GMDantine wedding event. :/

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedNov 27, 2010 9:17 pm
If they only post DDTank IGN just disqualify them they're not reading the rules when it states enter both your KH and DDTank names. No need to even bother explaining it to them when it's in the rules already their fault for not reading.

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedNov 27, 2010 9:33 pm
There's also no need to post a topic on DDTank forum for cross-promo events or redirect the topics of the those events that are made exclusively for players from other games.

Doing so will just increase the numbers of people who fail to read the rules.
Like I said, it will just give the GMs more works to weed out people who either fail or can't read the rules.

Also, I do bother reiterating people who fail to read the rules because I can't stand people ignoring the rules.

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedNov 28, 2010 2:28 am
Seeing as it's a cross promotion between both games it should be displayed in both games regardless of trying to lure Kingdom Heroes players towards DDTanks. Event gives items for both games even if the intentions are as you had said it's still fair for current loyal DDTank players get the opportunity to get this reward.

As for future cross promotional I'll keep a watch out and post if there's no announcement going on for the DDTank community.

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedNov 28, 2010 5:14 pm
Yes, it is fair for the loyal DDTank players who are also playing the other games involved in the cross promo.

Go ahead and post as you like. I think that would be a great way to introduce DDTank players to other games that Aeria hosts. =)

On a side note, I'll be more than happy helping out the GMs to weed out people who ignore the rules.
Next time, I'll just clearly/blatantly point out that those people are disqualified (All I've been saying so far is just a sarcastic way to say that they're disqualified).

People ignoring rules really do not deserve to get the prizes in any events.

marksteele

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
marksteele
PostedNov 28, 2010 6:49 pm
god i love drama between 2 GS's.....just sayin Smile

GMDantine

Aeria: Wingman
GMDantine
PostedNov 28, 2010 7:11 pm
Anarchist69x wrote:
Seeing as it's a cross promotion between both games it should be displayed in both games regardless of trying to lure Kingdom Heroes players towards DDTanks. Event gives items for both games even if the intentions are as you had said it's still fair for current loyal DDTank players get the opportunity to get this reward.

As for future cross promotional I'll keep a watch out and post if there's no announcement going on for the DDTank community.

We do not intend to advertise these events in two forums for several reasons. Payout list gathering, the fact that several games run several of the same events, exploit-ability, clutter, etc. These are special events designated per-client game. I highly encourage any DDT users to keep an eye out during Client game maintenances. No guarantees for prizes, but most client games will be running a cross-promotional event with DDT prizes during their maintenances. However, all events require you to have both a DDT account and an account in the game specified to receive any prizes.

Locking because things are getting a little heated. Smile