Irudim

Rank 0
Irudim
PostedNov 23, 2010 1:13 pm   Last edited by Irudim on Jul 21, 2011 5:23 am. Edited 6 times in total

Irudim's Closed Beta FAQ!

Unofficial Guide to Lime Odyssey's Closed Beta
I am bored. So I made this, although closed beta is still FAR away. Madness, I know o.O. Anyway, it might help some newbs like myself to get around. If you are new, sit down and learn .

Because if you make a thread asking a question that has already been answered here, I shall do this to you:

Understood? Good. For you others, please add anything I forgot.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<General Questions>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Q: I'm new. Where to introduce myself?

Introductory Thread

Q: Anything I should know as a newbie?

Read the Rules of the Boards . Remember that we want to build a community, so be yourself, be crazy but remember to be polite
If you are having troubles or have any question about forum related stuff, look here.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<About Closed Beta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Q: When will closed beta be?

A Dash of Lime For an official statement. There is no closed beta date set yet, but expect it around next year/the end of this year.

Q: Why is it so long until closed beta?
Quality needs time

Q: Where do I sign up?

Here

Q: If I sign up, am I guaranteed a spot in closed beta?

There hasn't been any information about the selection, but usually, aeriagames, invites those that signed up. However, it is not a "guaranteed spot".

Q: What are my responsibilities as a beta tester?
Basically, you are to test the content. This may include:
Quests (Translation errors, spelling mistakes, untranslated text)
BGM and sound effects (do they work?)
Leveling (does the pace need adjustment?)
Mobs (Are mobs missing? Do they aggro when they shouldn't or regain HP suddenly?)
Fighting system (do all your skills work?)
Dungeons (are all mobs here, do you get disconnected when entering a dungeon, etc.)
Testing all systems (auction house, guild system...)

I'm sure you can think of other things that need testing. Basically, just play the darn game and then write down whatever bugs/errors you encountered in a way that is understandable and helps locate the problem, also understand that this is a beta, don't rage over every bug you encounter! If I see one "this suckz, game suckz, Gm fix!! 11!" thread, I will be an angry fox!

Q: What can I do until closed beta?
Come to the forums, get to know your fellow players! Promote Lime Odyssey on other gaming sites or tell your friends about it.

Q: Will there be a wipe after closed beta?
No statement about that yet, but expect a wipe after closed beta. There won't be one after open beta though.

Q: What will be the level cap?

Too early for that question!

Q: Will my computer be able to run Lime Odyssey?
Once the official website goes live, look out for the system requirements.

These are the system requirements, NOTE that these might change for our version of Lime Odyssey, they can only be taken as rough estimation. (thanks to skull12580 for finding it!)

Minimum | recommended
CPU: Intel dual-core processor | Intel Dual-Core processor
RAM: 1GB | 2GB or more
Graphics Card: NVIDA Geforce 6600 VGA | NVIDA Geforce 8600 or more
Hard Drive: More than 10GB hard disk
Operating systems: WINDOWS XP (Service Pack 2), VISTA
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0C
※ The system requirements based on optimizing the development of stable and are subject to change.

Q: Where is the download link?
There is none yet. Expect one shortly before closed beta starts.

Q: Will there be IP blocks?
Lime Odyssey will be published by aeriagames in NA and EU. We don't know yet if there will be blocks for certain countries, but if your country already has a version, there is a chance you might get blocked.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Lime Odyssey- Features>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Q: Will Lime Odyssey be free to play?
Yes.

Q: What are Lime Odyssey's features?
Level up in battle classes and in professions
Underwater Battles
Housing
Auction House
Guild System
Instance Dungeons
3 Races
Item Enhancement/Upgrade
Bank System
Farm System
Transportation
Mail System
Fashion
Card System
Branching Classes
Cute anime-style graphics
fighting system (combos)
Pet System

Q: I want some information, where do I find it?
These threads will be very helpful (all credit goes to Ketsukie and maouyusei for finding/gathering that info )

General Information
Races
Classes
Background Info
Professions
Housing
Screenshots/Artwork: Here , Here , Here , Fishing , Farming, Weapon concept art
PvP
Dungeons
Pets
Music (+sample):Music , Sample
Mounts: Unicorn Mount , Water Dragon Mount , Various Mounts
Zones
Articles: Here, Here, Here
Videos: General Gameplay , Life Classes/Professions , Trailer , Intro

Q: I don't like life jobs. Do I have to play them?
YES! Muhahaha!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Q: Why is the text green? <.<

Would you prefer pink instead?

Thanks for reading
[url]
Advertisement

maouyusei

Rank 0
maouyusei
PostedNov 23, 2010 2:02 pm
+10. Because +1 just isn't enough.

grimmgamer

Rank 0
grimmgamer
PostedNov 23, 2010 3:52 pm
someone tells me how is the issue of pvp, I would like it to be open world or factions, I do not like to see the pvp limited only for guild battles

Ketsukie

Rank 0
Ketsukie
PostedNov 23, 2010 4:35 pm
Pssh mao stole it all from me Razz

I think there's stuff I'd add in but it's nicely assembled

Irudim

Rank 0
Irudim
PostedNov 24, 2010 9:10 am
Thanks for the nice comments

As I said, feel free to add anything I forgot.

crystalpink

Rank 5.1
crystalpink
PostedNov 25, 2010 3:16 am
Nice ^^

And I do love those foxes + onions emoticons~
So cute ♥♥♥

Aphrodi8

Rank 1
Aphrodi8
PostedNov 25, 2010 4:01 am
In the lime-on site, they list the Pam and other job/life classes as "planned for future updates". Does that mean that they are still in development and would be ready for CB? (which explains the long wait?) or would they be implemented further into the game, when betas and tests are done?
Not sure if you would know the answer, but there could be a chance that someone posted about it and I missed it or something. The game would still be fine w/o them for the moment, but its more along the line of disappointment, since some would be expecting that third race, and other classes to choose from.

Irudim

Rank 0
Irudim
PostedNov 25, 2010 6:14 am
Aphrodi8 wrote:
In the lime-on site, they list the Pam and other job/life classes as "planned for future updates". Does that mean that they are still in development and would be ready for CB? (which explains the long wait?) or would they be implemented further into the game, when betas and tests are done?
Not sure if you would know the answer, but there could be a chance that someone posted about it and I missed it or something. The game would still be fine w/o them for the moment, but its more along the line of disappointment, since some would be expecting that third race, and other classes to choose from.  

I don't think you missed anything, we don't know yet if the Pam and the other classes will be in. The only thing I read about that is that somone said Pam were bugged/not available during the Korean beta. But since the wait is so long, I'm assuming that they want to get at least the third race, Pam, in. That would be great I think, since I want to play as one and I guess others want too
. Also, we can't test that race/those classes when they are not available, so adding them for release could mean more trouble and a possibly bugged launch. The only other possibility I see is, as you said, that they will be added in a expansion, but I sure hope that won't happen, the three classes sound so interesting!
But at the moment, we need to wait for more news, maybe Valkyrie or a Gamesage when they come over to us can help. Whenever we know for sure, I will add it here.

Aphrodi8

Rank 1
Aphrodi8
PostedNov 25, 2010 6:28 am
I see, thanks for taking the time to tell me what you know... guess only an official announcement would be able to bring closure to the question. But with what you pointed out, guess there seems to be a higher chance of them being implemented in time for CB Smile

Therolyte

Rank 3
Therolyte
PostedNov 27, 2010 8:46 pm
I'm hoping they implement Pam before they release it for NA. Just because I don't want to have to make a human and then make a Pam later.

Well good post. The emotes make it seem less professional but I like it.

<div><a></a></div>