MentaTea

Rank 0
MentaTea
PostedFeb 02, 2011 12:32 am
I love to run dungeons and these all seem to be really nicely designed. Sadly most games doesn't really put much effort in them and only get boring and repeated layouts without much sense.

Seems like here they got their unique feel at least in design and if they would be spiced up with some nice traps ^^ or something to differ them from eachother then you got me in love :3

Personally Old Mansion seem awesome but the Valley and Labelcross are picking my interest too :3

~ One's dreams are the key for one's desires. ~
Advertisement

garagood123

Rank 0
garagood123
PostedFeb 02, 2011 8:36 am
i want to do all of them lol...do u know for what lvls are they?

Ketsukie

Rank 0
Ketsukie
PostedFeb 02, 2011 12:19 pm
@garagood123

I really can't say what levels go with which one but the one I went to, don't know which one it is, had around level 20 monsters.

@MentaTea

Their designs are good but I didn't see any traps or anything of the sort when I walked through one.

Evergrn

Rank 0
Evergrn
PostedFeb 02, 2011 12:22 pm

~Bit Image Heavy~

I wasn't too impressed with some of the ones that were available in the CBT...some of them were fairly short and to the point almost. Like Ketsukie said, there weren't really any obstacles to pose any sort of challenge to your progression. The bosses were nice though and were pretty tough even at level 50.

And I can't really remember the levels for most of them, but I think the first one (Old Mansion) was lv26 (I think, right now I can't get into the game and verify that).

Here are some in-game screenshots I took (they're not very good, for whatever reason the scroll thingie on my mouse didn't respond to the game):

Old Mansion (Did this guy with another lv50 Thief and we still had some difficulty with him):

Tallunvara Valley (I lost connection before the final boss of this instance, and just so you know I was still able to rejoin the party in the instance after I relogged):

Harhadin "Salt Cave" (The genie boss summons the boss from the Valley instance to fight alongside him. The Valley boss has a skill that makes him grow and iirc the genie has an AoE skill):

I think this one is Labelcross, but I'm not sure (This boss had a bunch of mobs surrounding it at all times during the fight. He even had a massive AoE):

Iyeru

Rank 4
Iyeru
PostedFeb 02, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: ~Bit Image Heavy~

Evergrn wrote:

How much of the battle area did the AOE cover? lol. If it covered most, but left only a few millimeters of space around some of the edges, it would be tied with the AOE from the final boss in Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time, since that AOE was nearly unavoidable.

Evergrn

Rank 0
Evergrn
PostedFeb 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: ~Bit Image Heavy~

Iyeru wrote:

How much of the battle area did the AOE cover? lol. If it covered most, but left only a few millimeters of space around some of the edges, it would be tied with the AOE from the final boss in Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time, since that AOE was nearly unavoidable.  

I honestly can't say, I just know it filled my screen, as the screenshot shows...Since I had an item that nullified all damage dealt to me I never bothered trying to escape it. Though, looking at the mini map it doesn't appear to have filled the room, so there should be room enough to avoid it, if you can get away from him fast enough.

MentaTea

Rank 0
MentaTea
PostedFeb 02, 2011 2:20 pm
Don't think running away is possible with such big AoE... only if there would be a really huge casting time for that skill which I doubt and even if that would exist I'd consider taking the AoE for the extra dps that can be pulled out under the casting time while he is defensless :3

Evergrn

Rank 0
Evergrn
PostedFeb 02, 2011 2:26 pm
MentaTea wrote:
Don't think running away is possible with such big AoE... only if there would be a really huge casting time for that skill which I doubt and even if that would exist I'd consider taking the AoE for the extra dps that can be pulled out under the casting time while he is defensless :3  

iirc the casting time is very short (like all he does is thrust his ax into the ground and BAM insta-AoE).

I think that guy was the highest level boss and he was pretty easy with a 2-man party with GM invincibility on xD

BoltBash

Rank 0
BoltBash
PostedFeb 02, 2011 3:38 pm
If I had to pick a fave from the few info I have, it's gonna be Old Mansion. I like fighting humanoid monsters.

The other dungeons don't look so nice, except Labelcross. Ant Cave is soooooo overdone.

hydeleach

Rank 0
hydeleach
PostedMar 30, 2011 6:34 pm
I hope they have a system that builds the dungeon parties for you.