caesar123456789

Rank 0
PostedMar 31, 2013 11:48 am

Help

When I run the game a error popup comes up and says: Sorry this application cannot run under a virtual machine
Advertisement

Daeck0212

Rank 0
Daeck0212
PostedMar 31, 2013 3:43 pm
Yeah, is because now Shaiya is ep6, and has more graphics , and the emulator is not support yet .
We hope a new update for Mac

fcdevine1055

Rank 0
PostedApr 01, 2013 8:29 am
Thank you so much! I am adding this to my favorites.

garuda1402

Rank 0
PostedMay 12, 2013 7:25 pm

Program Error

when i run the shaiya i just installed using crossover, while updating it always says "the program Updater.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. this can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine. You may want to check http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/ for tips about running this application."

Sad need help pls

ces0030

Rank 0
PostedJun 02, 2013 10:11 pm

Super duper excited buuuuut....

So I've downloaded things and I'm stoked to be able to play Shaiya again after a year long hiatus due to my new baby Macbook.

I was super excited to happen upon this thread & I'm currently going through the buttload of updater patches and I'm thinking...

since we have to use crossover every time to use Shaiya will I end up having to buy the program to be able to keep playing? Because honestly the free part is one of the best things about Shaiya and I don't know if I can bring myself to use my ramen noodle money on gaming... *cue the tiny violin*

So what's the verdict? Am I going to need to find another emulator or can I get this baby to work out for me?

Thanks in advance & thanks for this awesome guide! Much apreesh.

EDIT: Scratch all that - I got the virtual machine error, so until it gets resolved it's a non-issue.

britttany1

Rank 0
PostedNov 09, 2013 1:04 pm

help

the links for downloading the full shaiya client don't work Sad any new ones?

Lyyrian

Rank 5
Lyyrian
木ノ葉隠れの里, Konohagakure no Sato United States
PostedNov 09, 2013 7:19 pm

Re: help

britttany1 wrote:
the links for downloading the full shaiya client don't work Sad any new ones?  

Short of running the download client or asking someone to copy their Shaiya file, there currently is no backup of full files. If my time frees up in the coming weeks, I may see what I can do in the way of uploading install files or compiled archive of my own install.

SatelliteHeart

Rank 0
SatelliteHeart
PostedNov 26, 2013 10:11 pm
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1293367&start=90

PLEASE MAKE THE GAME TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH MACINTOSH! T_T

RoseGrace12

Rank 0
PostedDec 01, 2013 4:31 pm
i did all of the steps you said and it worked well until i get to the start button. after i click start, when its done updating and such, it says "sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine". why am i getting this message and what does it mean?

SatelliteHeart

Rank 0
SatelliteHeart
PostedDec 01, 2013 11:19 pm
RoseGrace12 wrote:
i did all of the steps you said and it worked well until i get to the start button. after i click start, when its done updating and such, it says "sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine". why am i getting this message and what does it mean?  

They say when nexon took over the game they added something in to stop it from running on virtual platforms. Crossover come under virtual machines and that was what was happening to me too.

I think the only way for it to work on a mac is if you use bootcamp.