Vafx

Rank 3
Vafx
PostedNov 07, 2010 4:45 pm   Last edited by Vafx on Oct 06, 2011 9:40 am. Edited 10 times in total

Running Shaiya on a Macintosh

[Using Crossover Games]
[Step 1]
Download Crossover Games from Here. There is a free trial available, although I use the full version. Install it.
Download the FULL Shaiya client, not just the downloader from the front page. You can get this from a mirror site like Here (most recent), Here or Here.

[Step 2]
Open Crossover Games.
On the top menu bar click "Configure" and go down to "Manage Bottles".

On the window that pops up, click the "+" sign at the bottom left of the window and create a new winxp bottle.

You can name the bottle whatever you want. I named mine "Shaiya" for simplicity.

[Step 3]
Now go back to the Manage Bottles window once that bottle has been created and highlight the bottle you just created in the menu on the left. Under the 'Applications' tab, click the "Install Software..." button.

Under "Runtime Support Components" find "Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern" and hit "Install" and let it complete.

|
v

[Step 4]
Now on the Manage Bottles window again, click "Install Software..." again and choose "Other Application" and hit proceed.

On the window that pops up, choose the option "Choose Installer File..." and when you click it, find the Shaiya ".exe" file that you downloaded previously in Step 1.
Now simply hit install and let the game install like you would normally.

[Step 5]
Now all you have to do is open the game. When you installed Shaiya, upon completion some application icons should have been created (or you did it wrong). They will be located in your User folder (The username you use to log in) In a sub folder Applications > Crossover Games > AeriaGames > Shaiya.
Or another way you could open the game would be to open Crossover Games and on the top menu select "Programs" and go to AeriaGames > Shaiya and open the game from there.
Advertisement

Shade_105

Rank 2
Shade_105
PostedNov 07, 2010 4:50 pm
Great guide for running Shaiya on a Mac.
Should be stickied for future help to Mac users. Smile

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedNov 07, 2010 6:20 pm
Thanks Vaf - this will be a great help for when people ask if it's possible - now we just need to refer them to this thread Very Happy

RIP Kizzd

CearaXue

Rank 0
CearaXue
PostedNov 24, 2010 6:17 pm
hey!

thank you so much - finaly i could install AND play shaiya

the only problem i have, i cannot see my char at charcreatorwindow - winodw stays greyish/brown - but my char is visible in game.

imac c2d - 2ghz/2gbram/ati x1600 - 128mbvram
osx 10.4.11
crossovergames v9.2.0

nathanv30

Rank 0
PostedNov 26, 2010 8:31 pm
Vaf have you played shaiya on both pcs and mac? or just mac?

if both which do you think is better?

Vafx

Rank 3
Vafx
PostedNov 27, 2010 10:28 am
CearaXue wrote:
hey!

thank you so much - finaly i could install AND play shaiya

the only problem i have, i cannot see my char at charcreatorwindow - winodw stays greyish/brown - but my char is visible in game.

imac c2d - 2ghz/2gbram/ati x1600 - 128mbvram
osx 10.4.11
crossovergames v9.2.0  

I've never run into this issue. The only issue I've ever had was that my faction selection screen was black back with like crossover games v8.1 or something. I fixed that by minimizing the game as the faction-selection screen was loading and then maximizing it once I believed that it was loaded... but I never really knew why that happened.
Or just create your toons on a PC or something for the time being D:

nathanv30 wrote:
Vaf have you played shaiya on both pcs and mac? or just mac?

if both which do you think is better?  

I've played on both. I've also played on Fedora Linux, BackTrack Linux 4 and Ubuntu Linux Very Happy
I would say that gameplay is better on Windows. Even though you can go full graphics on Mac, it still doesn't look as nice (IMO) as when you play it on windows. You'll really notice the difference if you use that "glow" effect.
And... you can't do water effect on Mac/Linux yet Razz

In general I would promote PCs because they are much cheaper and if you really wanted to be "virus free" like Macintosh claims you could always just install Linux instead Razz

SixteenPrestige

Rank 0
PostedDec 12, 2010 10:33 pm
Nerd.

XxMEGGAxX

Rank 0
XxMEGGAxX
PostedDec 20, 2010 12:36 am
Tried this it seems to work (Icons and everything are there) but when I try to log in with my user name and pass my keyboard doesn't seem to work nothing is typing so I can't log in.

<a>Because 1 g just isn't enough.</a>

XxMEGGAxX

Rank 0
XxMEGGAxX
PostedDec 20, 2010 7:52 pm

ok

I got the keys to work, when starting the game through cross over the keys still don't work for some reason or another but when I started the game direct using finder>application>crossover>aeriagames>shaiya it worked with not problem at all. Game runes better then on my PC graphic, no lag for me but the only thing that bugs me is a few bugs were waves appear mostly at or around loading screens.

<a>Because 1 g just isn't enough.</a>

Vafx

Rank 3
Vafx
PostedDec 21, 2010 10:47 am

Re: ok

XxMEGGAxX wrote:
I got the keys to work, when starting the game through cross over the keys still don't work for some reason or another but when I started the game direct using finder>application>crossover>aeriagames>shaiya it worked with not problem at all. Game runes better then on my PC graphic, no lag for me but the only thing that bugs me is a few bugs were waves appear mostly at or around loading screens.  

Yeah, the fading on the loading screens is kinda like... a seizure Laughing
Everything except water reflection works for me in-game though Smile if you turn that off there shouldn't be any graphical errors at least.