PostedJun 07, 2011 11:24 pm
yeah I get this sometimes

Everyone sees who you seem to be but few know you. -Machiavelli
Advertisement

kata2213

Rank 3
kata2213
PostedJun 07, 2011 11:37 pm
Ive never had that happen to me. I get the little ads on the bottom left like always. but never the whole page o.o

Nyrne

Rank 4
Nyrne
PostedJun 07, 2011 11:39 pm
ye i do get the ads only when hovering... way more annoying is that meebo logs me in without me wanting it, sometimes even when i just signed off of it.

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
PostedJun 07, 2011 11:49 pm
Firefox has add-ons which solve this issue

Mandatar (80), Scrooge (30), Someshta (30), Azeal (15), Kierin (65)

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedJun 08, 2011 2:01 am
ah,

^--- that's the cause.

just don't move your mouse over it Smile

signature of xybolt

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
PostedJun 08, 2011 2:18 am   Last edited by pask81 on Jan 26, 2012 8:20 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I love the chance to have a private chat bound to my aeria account, it is very helpfull both for my trades and my GS work... anyway I don't like much this meebo bar since it is a bit invasive and expecially cause it looks bugged: turn offline every few minutes, people cannot see me available when I am... etc. I never had this ad problem the op described, but maybe it is cause I use ad-block...

Anyway I found a way to use meebo without the aeria bar, maybe others can be interessed in this solution.

• 1st go in your profile settings, go in preference and in preference and uncheck "Enable Meebo Bar" option; before to press submit copy your ID number that you can find in the url.
  • Go to https://www.meebo.com/messenger , create an account and log in.
  • In top-right of the page select Account, then add account, select Jabber and put as username you ID number for Aeria + @aeriagames.com and as password your aeria password.
  • Now you can use this page as your chat for Aeria buddies, anyway we can still do something better Wink
  • If you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you can install the meebo minibar going here http://www.meebo.com/download

Now you can use meebo webpage or meebo minibar to be in contact with Aerias buddies even if you are not logged on Aeria website.

I think this minibar is more elegant and less invasive, but you lose some of the features specific of Aeria bar, like the one-click access to browser game. If you prefer, don't disable Aeria bar in your settings, in this case you won't see the meebo minibar in Aeria pages (but you will see it in any other webpage).

It is possible to use meebo or/and meebo minibar to be in contact at same time also with facebook, msn, yim, google talk and some other instant messager or social network chat (you need to add other account in meebo webpage).

Tryst41

Rank 2
Tryst41
PostedJun 09, 2011 11:13 am
Mandatar wrote:
Firefox has add-ons which solve this issue  

AdBlockPlus disables most ads and annoying popups.

But I do agree with the OP that the advertsising bar for most of those social sites is really annoying. Hit a certain spot and get a popup showing links to Meebo, Facebook, Twitter and more garbage that often obliterates the button you actually do want to click.

101Alpha

Rank 4
101Alpha
PostedJun 09, 2011 12:04 pm

Offer advertisers a powerful and flexible brand-building platform—without compromising your editorial or site design. Visitors can engage with the ad without clicking away from your site.  

AGE gets part of the revenue.

Tryst41

Rank 2
Tryst41
PostedJun 09, 2011 1:47 pm
101Alpha wrote:

Offer advertisers a powerful and flexible brand-building platform—without compromising your editorial or site design. Visitors can engage with the ad without clicking away from your site.  

AGE gets part of the revenue.  

Would be nice for Age to offer in-game items that can be sponsored. Item info window states "sponsored by xxxxx" at the bottom. Advertisers sponsor the development of in-game items and we get an inconspicuous advert in the game which doesn't affect gameplay. I would probably be more likely to buy goods or services from a company that directly sponsors a game I enjoy playing. If these are dropped items rather than cash shop items, everyone wil see the advert at some point.

Pervy

Rank 4
Pervy
PostedAug 24, 2011 10:27 am
any idea from AGE when the Meebo chat medium will be working again ?