jaime777

Rank 0
PostedJun 07, 2011 12:54 pm

are thieves kinda useless in endgame instances cuz of aoe

i party a lot with pug's and when we have a thief the thief always winds up dying on bsoses due to aoe. and at times he has to switch to hunter or other ranged dps to be useful. do you guys agree on thieves being useless cuz of aoe
Advertisement

Kiarax

Rank 2
PostedJun 07, 2011 12:55 pm
Absolutely not.

<P><br>[Jam : Aquamarine]

Depublic

Rank 0
Depublic
PostedJun 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: are thieves kinda useless in endgame instances cuz of aoe

jaime777 wrote:
i party a lot with pug's and when we have a thief the thief always winds up dying on bsoses due to aoe. and at times he has to switch to hunter or other ranged dps to be useful. do you guys agree on thieves being useless cuz of aoe  

Whoever your thief friend is fails. No offense. You have to gear your thief correctly to be deadly. All bosses up to the last instance available miss me quite often even when I wasn't capped at 40. I took a cleric and knight through Rotten no problem.

Alucard923

Rank 2
Alucard923
PostedJun 07, 2011 12:59 pm
Not to sound harsh, but either your tank isn't tanking right or your dps is spamming too much and is stealing aggro. I've never had problems with the Thief class like that, ever. In fact I've duoed/trioed instances where three and five man teams were needed, respectively. If you build it right, Thief can tank, as well. It's a pretty well-rounded class. You just have to invest in the right skills and know what skills to use when.

koager

Rank 3
koager
PostedJun 07, 2011 1:04 pm
I would say yes but not because of dying in aoes. It is more due to that thieves excel on burst damage especially from their crit bonus when coming out of invis instead of being party oriented. Thieves don't have a supportive party buff and it is said that in late game MAs will deal more damage while Knights have more eva.

Kiarax

Rank 2
PostedJun 07, 2011 1:05 pm
He's not talking about taking hate or having a bad tank. The Thief is certainly bad however! Most of the dangerous aoes are all completely avoidable (even for the tank!), very easily so for melee DDs who aren't tanking. They can mitigate damage from the weaker but instant (and thus unavoidable if it doesn't happen to miss) aoes through potions, a healer that isn't crappy or a combination of the two. The damage they put out is exceptional, definitely seems to be the strongest of the early game classes.

<P><br>[Jam : Aquamarine]

sparker69

Rank 0
PostedJun 07, 2011 1:32 pm
This video gives me hope that thieves can be decent even in endgame

Taken from youtube a TW video (i think) of a thief soloing a field boss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpwCfG-LyqA