funkdoc09

Rank 0
PostedJun 06, 2011 8:34 pm   Last edited by funkdoc09 on Jun 07, 2011 11:53 am. Edited 1 time in total

Some suggestions, I also need some help with something

bumped for new edit and suggestion.
Hi. I have played for a couple of days now on a near constant basis and these are some suggestions I would like, or have noticed is giving players some troubles (forgive me if there are already suggestions like these or they is already a workaround):

1. Do not allow players to stand in the same spot as NPC's; it is annoying when you cannot click a merchant or someone who gives you a quest because someone decided to rest in the same spot.

2. Only allow an alloted amount of messages in the world chat window in a given amount of time; it is very annoying when someone decides to spam childish crap.

3. Speaking of the chat box, allow it so that we can toggle which boxes we wish to see chat from, such as an all talk toggle or a zone toggle so that the box does not quickly become cluttered.

4: It is possible to get stuck in or behind objects; this happens a lot when I am searching for treasure, as they are usually in enclosed spaces and I sometimes get stuck (in order to get out, you have to attack or follow someone nearby). Please fix this.

Edit: I also have one very concerning problem with one of the warrior skills; metal bluster. There is no problem with the skill itself, it is how it becomes useless due to the abilities of monsters. It seems like every monster has a skill that not only negates it, but also causes you to lose huge amounts of defence. Why is this? It is annoying and makes me consider not even using the skill ever. The effect from the monsters is called slam. The only saving grace is that it does not last as long metal bluster, but it severely hinders blusters usefulness simply because so many monsters, even the most basic ones, can effectively make it useless.

For the problem I am having, I do not know what gems are for (the ones you buy from the merchant in aven, like the basic strength gem, etc). Also, what are sockets and how can I make use of them on my equipment?
Advertisement

kowskianimation

Rank 0
kowskianimation
PostedJun 06, 2011 8:41 pm
Oh yeah, I totally agree with everything you said.

There is always issues with the "People massing on top of the one NPC you need out of the entire city." I always just move my arrow realllly slow over the NPC and hope a chat bubble pops up. Heh.

I also agree that the chat box needs some fixing. I really would like a /r or being able to click someones name and prompting an info box or something to make whispering much easier. With this looking like such a social game, I would figure whispers/tells/whatever should be easy to use.

8muramasa

Rank 0
8muramasa
PostedJun 06, 2011 8:59 pm
i pretty much just got rid of the world channel for a while and put it in the other chat box a little earlier out of boredom (regrettably after a few minutes, if that long, but i still kept it there)

Posted By Aeria Mobile

funkdoc09

Rank 0
PostedJun 07, 2011 11:54 am
Bump for new suggestion.

Daidarapochi

Rank 1
Daidarapochi
PostedJun 07, 2011 12:02 pm
Slam is negated by Prevention, your support is just bad.

^Temporary^

proxy711

Rank 0
proxy711
PostedJun 07, 2011 12:02 pm
World chat will be cut down a lot when we don't get 500AP every day to buy the item required to world chat.

funkdoc09

Rank 0
PostedJun 07, 2011 12:14 pm
Daidarapochi wrote:
Slam is negated by Prevention, your support is just bad.  

Yeah, I need better support, just something to suggest.

@proxy: you're right about that, however, I think buying world calls and spamming isn't below some trolls; it is just a small preventative measure to make sure it doesn't happen.

cluskey1

Rank 3
cluskey1
PostedJun 07, 2011 1:01 pm
funkdoc09 wrote:
For the problem I am having, I do not know what gems are for (the ones you buy from the merchant in aven, like the basic strength gem, etc). Also, what are sockets and how can I make use of them on my equipment?  

Gems can be attached to weapons/gear to give the stat boosts/elements stated on the description

to make these Gems attach to your weapon/gear ... it needs to have slots/sockets. you can sometimes find items from mob drops with sockets OR you can buy a chisel from the item mall to create a socket in the weapon/gear