HellsSoul

Rank 0
HellsSoul
PostedJun 03, 2011 4:00 pm

launcher/update issue

update doesn't save = game isn't starting
Whenever the launcher starts it does the update. Although it says succesful it doesn't save it.
Game just won't start after pressing the "game start" button.
reinstalled it, copied the game folder through LAN network from my bud which works since he's playing right now. nothing resolves the issue. Tried both on SSD & HDD drives.

In the UpgradeErrorReport.txt after a full scan i get these errors:
Code:
Before:V.1,3,

Mesg:    --
HTTP dumpfile: http://edeneternal.patch.aeriagames.com/release/FN//CompressionGameData/version.txt?201106032150
HTTP dumpfile: http://edeneternal.patch.aeriagames.com/release/FN/201008250457/_GameDataFileList.txt?201106032150
__Error___3!!Mesg:    --
Disk full or found bad section, Can't open file: [.\new_gamedata\data\_GameDataTranslateFileList.txt]Mesg:    --
Http retry(0)!!
Disk full or found bad section, Can't open file: [.\new_gamedata\data\_GameDataTranslateFileList.txt]Mesg:    --
Http retry(1)!!
Http retry(2)!!
After:V.1,3,

patch totle size = 0
Didn't even matter if i installed with the 20110527 or 20110528 installers.
Yes, everything is up-to-date on my win7 x64, no UAC, no Firewall and everything runs on Admin.

Btw, is it normal the the issued file "_GameDataTranslateFileList.txt" just contains this html code??
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
         "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
 <head>
  <title>404 - Not Found</title>
 </head>
 <body>
  <h1>404 - Not Found</h1>
 </body>
</html>
Advertisement

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJun 05, 2011 5:04 pm
the content of that file looks correct. Its what mine has and it works fine.

the error
Code:

Http retry(1)!!

means its unable to write to the location new_gamedata\data, is your harddisk full? If not try right click on the folder c:\Aeriagames or where ever you installed the game. Choose properties and the security tab, try granting full control to all users for the folder and subfolders and see if that will allow it to write to the folder. Sometime security on win7 will get goofy when uac is disable and something gets funky in the registry

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

HellsSoul

Rank 0
HellsSoul
PostedJun 05, 2011 5:18 pm
Not full, no errors, tried on my both drives as i mentioned.
And about UAC, I'm sure you got the other way around dude.
When UAC is enabled it gets goofy and funky. That's why most pc technicians (like myself) recommend to turn that **** OFF.
I'm using win7 x64 ultimate since Beta. (beta tester) Confused
There's only 1 user on this pc, me, so I am the admin on it so in other words everything got full access unless i change it manualy but to make sure i always set the properties to run as admin to be sure Smile

Would realy like to see a DEV replying in here or at the similar topic bout this issue

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJun 05, 2011 5:25 pm
not really, win7 uac is stupid. MS wants it on, it interferes with installation by nagging at you to grant permission but it then does it thing and grants it properly and sets all the permission on the folder and items in the folder to what is needed. When UAC is disable its up to the installation program to properly set all the file and folder permission. Some installer do a bad job at it so things get funky and mucked up. Also mixing UAC and Non-uac has its problems as well. Its best to disable it on initial win7 installation if you don't want to use it at all. Those who disable it after using it and trying to put items into folders created when uac was on with uac turned off later will run into some security issues. UAC was suppose to be a good thing but instead is a f-ed up security mess.

Since your disk isn't full, the program is running into security issue. Try reinstalling into a new folder outside the Aeriagames folder. Use the right click run as administrator on the installer even though its not needed. Just put it directly into c:\EdenEternal and see if it still has patching issue with write issue and disk being full.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

HellsSoul

Rank 0
HellsSoul
PostedJun 05, 2011 5:40 pm
I always install games to custom locations and run my installers ALWAYS by run as admin xD
And i already checked those security settings, nothing wrong with permissions + i set the ownership to myself as well.
Doesn't even matter if it is or isn't.

Btw, turning off UAC in Win7 after the install is a pain to do since you gotta rumble in the services and registery. I've done that as well so it's completly off.
And not gonna discuss about UAC since everyone got there thoughts about it.

Just to mention that my bud here in the living room is playing and we got the same custom build pc's exept for the GPU's and memory (mhz). Even OS's, UAC's, services, are the same.

Edit: almost forgot to say that i even tried xp/vista compabilities as well. Nothing there. Smile

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJun 05, 2011 5:55 pm
its still give you the same patch error about unable to write? Anyway if the start button lights up and is clickable that means the patcher thinks its successful and since there is no patch yet should be fine to run the game as is. Now as to why its not starting. Can you post what is in the main.txt and error.txt file.

HellsSoul

Rank 0
HellsSoul
PostedJun 05, 2011 6:26 pm
Main.log
Code:
[Desc]CurrentDirectory: C:\Games\EdenEternal

error.log
don't have it since it's for ingame issues (looked at the copy folder of bud)

420Hemperor

Rank 0
PostedJun 06, 2011 11:47 am
HellsSoul wrote:

Would realy like to see a DEV replying in here or at the similar topic bout this issue  

I think they're all on vacation. I've been lurking round the boards an have yet to see any sign of devs, or even problems being resolved Sad