xxHaruhiChan

Rank 0
xxHaruhiChan
PostedJun 05, 2011 5:09 pm

"Switch to" or "Retry"??? Opens start box!

The download was successful, and then there are two icons on my desktop... One that's the install, and the other that I thought was the actual game.

I clicked the second choice, and it opened the game menu thing, and then an error messages states that another program is running it and I need to "switch to" it to fix the problem... The two options are "Switch To" and "Retry"... i clicked "Switch To" but it only opened my start menu. I clicked "retry" and nothing happened.

Anyone know what's going on?

(Sidenote: I'm re-installing at the moment so i'm hoping that'll do something... If not i'll be able to catch EXACTLY what the error message said.)
Advertisement

celestar

Rank 5.1
celestar
PostedJun 05, 2011 5:14 pm
The first thing is the dwnloader, it merely downloads the installer. The 2nd thing is the installer and it should say edeneternal_install_20110527. Run the installer to install the game. If the installer doesn't allow you to install, turn off the akamai services first in the akamai control panel.

...pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth. (Monty Python)

xxHaruhiChan

Rank 0
xxHaruhiChan
PostedJun 05, 2011 7:59 pm
celestar wrote:
The first thing is the dwnloader, it merely downloads the installer. The 2nd thing is the installer and it should say edeneternal_install_20110527. Run the installer to install the game. If the installer doesn't allow you to install, turn off the akamai services first in the akamai control panel.  

Ok great. Thanks very much for your help.