Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMay 02, 2011 2:19 pm

Player Poll 3: Legend 30 gear

Thi i the poll that actually combines your opinions and compares AP available Legends to In Game Available.

So, Here's the poll:

Which methods if any, should be used, to generally release legends into 30 on a larger scale?
A. AP Sales
B. In Game Drops
C. Neither. Legends are bad.
D. Both. As long as it's available I am happy.

I'm also going to break it down for you, as to what this poll implies:

AP buyership:
Pros:
a. available to anyone who has real money, not just players who "hoard" drops.
b. lowered market value of already existing gear, making it cheaper to compete
c. More versatility in lapising

Cons:
a. Negative reaction from players who seek value in their gear
b. Negative reaction from player who feel gear should be "worked for"
c. Negative reaction from those who polarize one aspect or choice in game an use it a bia to why pvp will = less kills because of it (arguments like "everyone will build rec toons so no one die)
d. Creation of an "Uber Nub" class. Aka players who have money, but no experience.

In Game Drops:
(Depending on HOW the in game drops would occur)

Pros
a. Possible equality in farming if the style of drop is not hoardable.
b. Slower, more normal adjustment to player growth in 30 pvp, in contrast to "flooding" which occurs when hundreds of items come out at once.
c. More Versatility in pvp lapising
d. "New Content" New content brings back old, bored, players.
e. Adds another dimension to game

Cons:
a. Depending on drop style, it could be hoardable.
b. Negative reaction from those with philosophy gear should be rare.
c. Negative reaction from thoe who have already spent alot on gear.
d. Drop style could potentially either promote, of hinder pvp.

No introduction at all
Pros:
a. Satisfy those who think pvp is healthy as is
b. Satisfy those who feel gear should stay rare
c. Reduce the amount a player has to think about linking.
d. Make pvp more highly dependant on already existing pvp rank.

Cons:
a. One player can highly imbalance pvp if no one can kill them.
b. Those who feel pvp is a lost cause, leave, and pvp lessens.
c. No options for gear advancement other than buying already linked gear, that may not be linked the way you want, because of rarity.
d. Rare gear prices stay high, spurring only the mot elite players or spenders in any zones, to have access to them.

Introduction of both promos, and In game Content
Pros: Easy access, a liquid market. and all the pros mentioned in AP and In game.

Cons:
a.A feeling of betrayal by the game to player who already spent large sums on rare gear.

b. Gear Flooding; Pvp is dynamic, but not dynamic enough to react well to the introduction of 20-30 elite players per server, per faction at the exact same time.
Advertisement

Superfrog1219

Rank 4
Superfrog1219
PostedMay 02, 2011 2:25 pm
C

- Players will not be able to uber link the legends to fight the ubers that do uber link legends, if they cant even now link the normal pvp gears for that zone, dread things are slowly dying out the zone which will help over time and adding new things only makes the zone cost more IMO

xybolt

Rank 5.2
xybolt
PostedMay 02, 2011 2:29 pm
seems that i'm kinda repeating but lol...

C
as said in prev polls + discussion thread

i'm curious at the poll results though Smile

signature of xybolt

PositiveBalance

Rank 0
PositiveBalance
PostedMay 02, 2011 3:44 pm
C.
PvP at lower lvls are for ppl who dont want the complexity/high costs of pvping at higher lvls. Keep things simple and fun, stop trying to get new uber stuff there.
I mean, if you keeps this trend soon we will have goddess in 1-15. This kind of **** kills all the fun of the game.

PrincessBell

GameSage: Shaiya
PrincessBell
PostedMay 02, 2011 4:00 pm
PositiveBalance wrote:
C.
PvP at lower lvls are for ppl who dont want the complexity/high costs of pvping at higher lvls. Keep things simple and fun, stop trying to get new uber stuff there.
I mean, if you keeps this trend soon we will have goddess in 1-15. This kind of **** kills all the fun of the game.  

/agree

but unfortunately the only way of making everyone happy is too make it available BUT making it uber uber rare. like 0.000000000000001% that way it is technically "farmable" but still keeps its rare status.

it is hard enough to compete already, I would hate to see that gap increase. Sad

TassadarMajere

Rank 4
TassadarMajere
PostedMay 02, 2011 4:13 pm
C.

Again. I won't need to echo my opinion anymore than I have.

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedMay 02, 2011 4:20 pm
Initial reaction C

First things first change the link rate to make it easier to link the gear, when people can effectivly link the gear better i will move for option B since gear, and this gear should be random drops from mobs, (with a slightly higher drop rate then it currently has) to prevent farmers hording.

The problem isnt gear, when all sides are evenly matched tactics can be used to make those few extra slots near worthless, the issue is linking that gear with the good lapis, thats where the problem lies, people in regular gear linked with uber lapis will easly destroy anyone in legends/dreads linked with average lapis.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn

omadon.light

GameSage: Shaiya
omadon.light
PostedMay 02, 2011 4:20 pm

just to be evil like i always am to Amar :P

I am going to say D but i would like to see it drop more in game most people can use the gear from 20-30 to lvl after and not spend 100 op's on new gear right off the bat. Smile

PositiveBalance

Rank 0
PositiveBalance
PostedMay 02, 2011 4:24 pm
Btw Rekikyo, first i wanna say good job to you for making this poll, thats what i meant when i replied your post about how community was misunderstood by shaiya team. Second, i dont understand why u made 3 polls and not only one with all possibilities. I think you would get a better representation of what the community wants if u did it that way.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedMay 02, 2011 4:25 pm
PositiveBalance wrote:
C.

The game is technically capped at dread, or legend(given color coding of rarity. Dread 15 muffler are green, like legends. This mean there is probably "gold" legends coded, but never in a drop pool or even UIP) at 15, and Legend, possibly Goddess at 30 (I have seen Goddess level 34, but a with "legend in 15," never been in a drop pool nor a even UIP).

What I'm getting at is, Dread ALREADY exists in 15, and Legend in 30. It's not a proposal about adding anything new, just increasing the amounts available. So comparing it to adding goddess to 15 i kind of a fallacy.

One other thing I would like to point out. GM' in the past specifically said 15 wa developed for large AP spenders and 30 for moderate spenders.

In addition, think about it really; 7's, Helm Lapis Lv2's, Lucky Lapis, Absorp level 6, Dual Lv5's, are all ONLY 31+. That's what costs alot of money to link nowdays. 6's linked by a 70 is 32% an anything less than 5's is already a 1 hit kill in those zones. So, the game already requires 15 and 30 pvper to pretty much level a toon to 60-70 to farm lapis to link, or spend AP to buy those lapis. Arguing it's a zone for cheapness or for no complexity kind of defeats it own purpose imo, because it's already like that. And for you information, I've created 4 Heroic/Dread 30 sets for less than it cost me to link one piece of 70 gear. Relatively, I'd say linking gear for 30 would still be dirt cheap even with legends.