smeshboy

Rank 0
smeshboy
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:07 am

Discussion about Bards

Hey, I never heared about a class Bard , and i will like to know more about Bards, are they strong? are they fast? are they mp classes like mages , priests etc.? are they warrior classes (they have strenght and stuff) or are they like archer and thieves? Post feature videos/screenshots or just reply so everyone who has question about this Bard class will know (me too) Ok, i wait ur replys!
Advertisement

Sine_Amore

Rank 3
Sine_Amore
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:20 am
I am unsure on the details for this game--if you can't find the information on bards on the EE game page--but as far as I know from playing bards in other games and in D&D, bards are healers/support. Most known for providing the heals, bolstering allies, and weakening enemies. Most likely an MP using class. Also, they tend to be long range from what I know, but I have my information from other sources. I just don't think that bard would be the same if it was short-ranged and strong, in my opinion. Haha!

Hope this helps some. Try checking the info page or any topics in the this forum for class information. Smile

songeurique

Rank 3
songeurique
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:22 am
In party I personally found Bard annoying to play because you constantly need to reapply buffs, and after you have done it 200 times them guitar sounds really start to get on your nerves lol.

When I am king, you will be first against the wall, With your opinion which is of no consequence at all.~ Paranoid Android ... Radiohead.

dch86

Rank 0
dch86
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:27 am
songeurique wrote:
In party I personally found Bard annoying to play because you constantly need to reapply buffs, and after you have done it 200 times them guitar sounds really start to get on your nerves lol.  

+1 i thought the same lol

the guitar noise gets abit old after rebuffing a few thousand times. from in game experience with it, it gets better with its attacks but it only has 2 main attacks to that class then the rest is buffs..

micky49103

Rank 0
micky49103
PostedApr 26, 2011 11:51 am
Argh....... that will be a pain to get to blade dancer then T.T

koager

Rank 3
koager
PostedApr 26, 2011 12:49 pm
micky49103 wrote:
Argh....... that will be a pain to get to blade dancer then T.T  

BD'ers are "supportive damagers" that help out buffing other close range damager around them

But otherwise yes, bards are meant for the supportive role. Their short duration buffs are really meant to be spammed while in parties. For normal solo grinding, gameplay often shows them running around kiting with AOEs

There is a huge class info thread here